Old 08-28-2007, 05:36 PM   #16  
aka "Minnie"

S/C/G: 175/155/135

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi Yall

Hi there. I am new here I just introduced myself in another thread, please bear with me while I figure out how this all works. I have never been on a posting board or blog or anything like that. It looks like some of you have lost a lot of weight, that has got to feel great. I would be happy to see a few pounds come off. I am starting WW tomorrow so that should help, however I am nursing a baby right now and that seems to make it harder for me to lose weight. Any tips would be great! Thanks
minnesotaffwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Welcome minnesotaffwife! How old is the baby?

I'm waiting for DH to come home, eat dinner and then I'm off to the Open House at the school. LOL at DS as he just came in and said, "mom, you look spiffy."
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

welcome minnie...come join us daily. We like to keep each other motivated and see how everyone is doing...good luck
joan- you are right...dh is suppose to be watching hi cholesterol. I think he's doing better...he really is watching a lot more closely...so that is good. He's not perfect...but he's trying.
hannah - glad to hear you you are so energtic today. Hope dog is okay...doesn't sound so bad but definately needs to be checked
today was BORING. God we were so slow..i saw 5 whole patients today...my work schedule is so screwy...the other dr says it usually isn't this bad...but they are short doc...hope it gets better soon. Alright got to run..check back later
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:26 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

HI everyone!

Long day! I am glad it is over, DH just got home and he is helping me with the night time routine for Sean, who didn't have a good day at the program. We are back to the same advise "residential treatment" we are not sure what to do.
Lunch at the Peruvian restaurant was amazing, I had an amazing delicious lunch and it was not too expensive. I just started meeting this gal for lunch this is the second time we meet and I really enjoyed her company, we had a great time. We talked about going back to the same restaurant and trying something different. It was yummo!!!
The little dude went to the vet today and poor little guy they scraped his skin and send it to the lab, they just want to make sure he doesn't have rainwarn (sp?) they said it could take a month, as for the insurance I got for him, can you say worthless, they will not even cover the office visit today, they said that if the diagnosis is a parasite the will not cover it. The vet gave me an estimate to neuterer him and it is a little over $325 and the insurance said they will only reimburse $65 I paid all this $$ in premiums I don't think this is right, I am pretty upset over it, I didn't need this too! The vet also suggested knee surgery and the estimate calls it a patellar luxation repair at the grand price of $1000.00 and of course the insurance will not cover this either.
GG does this sound right? if we do neuter him, do the knee surgery and clean his teeth at the same time the grand total estimated is $4077. I don't even know if it would be appropriate to do it all at once, risking infection? and he is only 6 Lbs. advise???

Joan I am sure by the time you read this the open house is already over, I hope you had a good visit w/teacher.

minnesotaffwife this is a great place to get support and motivation I dido what Gg said! grab a cup of coffee and join us!

Annie Marie I forgot what do you do for a living? what kind of workshop did you go to? I am glad you had a nice time in Canada, good to see you back!

Laurie good luck with the school transfer I hope you get it, it is horrible being in the car for what it feels all day long! You are doing great on the loosing weight part, don't beat yourself, it takes time, be patient! I like the little yorkie's name, mine is Zurg and his bother is Thor, Yorkies are the best, they sure put a smile on my face constantly! I've had Yorkies for almost 20 yrs. I wouldn't know how to live with out them! LOL.

Have a great night everyone!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:41 PM   #20  

hey all..had a great night...doggie convinced me we needed a walk...so took an intens 30 min walk and then came back and did 30 min of yoga...i feel awesome

hannah- what your vet thought your dog had was ringworm...a fungal infection. Takes up to 21 days to grow in a medium. As for the price of a cleaning and neuter for 325...that sounds reasonable and knee surgery...that's good for $1000. However...i wouldn't do that all at once. I would get your dog started on a glucosamine/chondrotin supplement that your vet carries to help the joints. This will help the knees feel better until you could do the knee surgery....luxating patellas are very common in yorkies...well actually most small breed. I would first do the neuter and dental at the same time. Depending on how bad the dog's teeth are, possibly starting antibiotics 5-7 days prior to the dental and neuter (if the teeth arent too bad he doesn't need the antibiotics first). I would highly recommend him being on antibiotics post neuter and dental, since dentals spread a lot of bacteria to the blood stream. Then after all that is healed proceed with the orthopedic. I would NEVER recommend doing the orthopedic at the same time as a dental. Once again..back to the bacteria in the mouth going to the blood stream...not such a good idea when it comes to orthopedic surgery. As for risk under anesthesia...jsut because he's a little dog...really doesn't mean much...it sounds like your vet is pretty through...and probably for the price he quoted you for..he's including preanesthetic blood work. If he isn't...i would hightly recommend that...this would help the dr determing if he needs to alter his anethetic protocal. Most dog's do great under anesthesia as long as there are no underlying health issues...and blood work is one way to rule that out....also i would highly recommend iv fluids during surgery...he probably includes it...but not all vets do...check. And as for insurance...some are good and some are not...sort of like humans...which one do you carry for your little guy???? Hopefully that helped...a long answer to a short question. good luck and let me know
Old 08-28-2007, 11:44 PM   #21  

oh yeah...one thing i usually add when it comes to vets...you pay for what you get...yes you can get a cheep neuter, cheep dental...but alot of those "cheep" services are due to the fact they do not do the highest quality medicine...ie bloodwork, iv fluids etc...it tough for owner..trust me i deal with it daily...pet insurance isn't as common and its hard to cover the large bills...but really its worth the cost for these "extras" to help ensure the surgery will go smooth.