Old 08-18-2007, 08:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 something weekend chat aug 18-19

morning all! well its the weekend, but i get to work (only saturday this week). The only downfall to the new job is the weekend hours. Its great for our clients but sucks for us. We are open on sat from 9-7. And john, to answer you questions...yes that's sort of where i work. Banfield the pet hospital is a corperate owned vet clinic that usually (95% of the time) lives inside of PetSmart but is a seperate entity from petsmart. Its sort of a symbiotic relationship. They help promote clients for us and vice versa. Petsmarts runs the PetsHotel and grooming, but we usually see their clients for exams and vaccines also. I think so far the only thing i don't like is the weekend. They initially told me i'd have 2 weekends off a month. Well what it actually is going to be is one full weekend a month (i have off) and then the remaining weeks i either work sat or sun. Sort of sucks..but i'll live.
christina -sorry to hear about your little one
michelle - wow you have a busy weekend
lois have fun in texas
laurie - good luck with the will power over the wine...i know i wouldn't win LOL
katie- that's a great gift to win...who wouldn't want a new killer grill. Good for him..and good for him donating blood
alright all...i've got to run to work now...everyone enjoy your weekend. check back later..oh btw...yes i'm very happy dh is home...its nice to have him back...i didn't want to get up this am...just wanted to lay in bed all morning...harder to get out of bed when there's a cutie laying there with you LOL
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Morning all!!

GG if it helps I only get about 4 to 6 sat off a year and I have to ask for all of them An when I thought about it there is a petsmart there as well. Do you have work the whole 9 to 7 or just part of it?
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:29 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin',

I am miserable, schnotty, have a horrible sinus headache and woke up on the wrong side of the bed. How's that for a start to the day?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:39 AM   #4  

Happy weekend group!!

I have a question. How often do you all exercize?

I used to exercize M-F and take the weekend off but I have been finding it hard to get back in the swing on Mondays. I am thinking this time doing 7 days a week. I am progressing starting with 10 min on the bike and have increased 1 turn resistance and 1 minute each day until 35 mins. and then increasing MPH. Also doing free weights, crunches, and other exercises increasing one new strength training exercize per day (not wanting to burn out). So, Im thinking instead of increasing, I could maintain on weekends just doing the same thing that I did on Friday or just take it easy and do 20- 30 mins. so that I dont get out of a routine. I dont want to burn out but I dont want to DREAD mondays and stop all together either. What do you all think?

Laurie
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Howdy everyone!

GG ~ I bet that you didn't want to get out of bed this morning;-). Enjoy these days with your honey "b.c." We were married 4 years before having kids and now when I look back that period just seems like a blur. I wouldn't trade our three little rugrats for anything but there are times when I miss our alone time.

Katie ~ that grill is too cool! I'd be using that baby everyday. Enjoy!

Mornin' John ~ Dude, sounds like you're one hard workin' worker bee. Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

Lauren ~ Now it totally sucks that you wake up a *Saturday* and feel this way. Why couldn't it happen on a Monday when the kids are at daycare and you'd have a day of quiet:-(.

Laurie ~ I used to do the same thing; exercise M-F and take off on the weekends. I'm not doing that this time around. I tend to eat more bad stuff on the weekends, therefore, I feel like I need the exercise more than ever. You are dead on about it being so much harder to kick back into gear on Monday mornings. I didn't work out last Sunday and that will most likely be my "day of rest." I need one free day or I'll burn myself out.

Time to get busy around here. We have a busy day ahead. Later ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:09 PM   #6  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Laurie: What I found is taking every other day off or I would do MON-Tues take Wed off do THURS-FRI and then just do walks on the weekend. I was spending 20 hours a week in the gym which is too much.

Lauren: you might try some eucalyptus!! That works wonders for me. Hope you get feeling better.

GG: Sucks about the weekends. You know what sometimes having a day off during the week i think is more fun things are not as crowded etc. Just embrace it for now I guess.

OK here is my question?????????

why do men in general thinkk everything they say is generally correct? That is such Bull{Bleep}. Seriously does any one else have this problem?

anyway me and the kids are planning a trip to florida to disney world in march. Cassie still wants to go back to disneyland. Actually I do too but we thought we would try florida. Here anything about it?
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971;1820461[COLOR=darkred
OK here is my question?????????[/COLOR]

why do men in general thinkk everything they say is generally correct? That is such Bull{Bleep}. Seriously does any one else have this problem?
Because a little knowledge is dangerous and we like to play with dangerous things.

LBH - I'd give you a but I'm afraid I'd loose my arms hope you feel better.

Laurie- I find it easier to work out on the weekends and every other weekday.

Joan- buzz buzz buzz.

30 mins left and just waiting for the mins to pass by. Got the gates fixed, piped in a new outlet and wired it up, moved 1,600lbs of concrete by hand. I'm sore from doing it but no were near like I used to get. The weight may not be coming off like I'd like but man my endurance levels are way up.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:19 PM   #8  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone,

Well we are leaving for Texas in the morn. I couldn't get everything together to leave today. I am too tired after work to do anything, ugh. Anyways, DH said we will try to leave early, like 4:30 or 5am. While there my niece will celebrate her 5th birthday. So I am excited we will be there. It sounds like it is going to be great. They are having it at DH's other brother's home which has a community pool that looks like it is actually a water park. Seriously they have water slides as tall as houses. Then me and the kids will head back next weekend. We will be exhausted when school starts on the 28th. DH is gonna stay longer to spend time with family.

TOM came today, just in time for my trip. I ate 4 Nestle crunch bars. I bought one for each of us and decided I needed them all. I know, I feel so awful.

Joan- How did school go this week. Everyone adjusting?

I know there were a few more school started for, hope it all went well.

I am off gotta finish laundry and pack. Have a great weekend everyone. I am taking my laptop, so I will be on reading if nothing else.

Toodles,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:02 PM   #9  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

John: You are too funny I am sure that is it!!!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...well today was insane...sat's are always crazy they say. And to answer your question john, yes i work from 9-7. Sunday's are shorter hours (10-5). And yes sheila you are right about having the weekdays off...i do have to plan my days around traffic however, in atlanta...your life revolves around traffic...so i have to plan accordingly...but yes...its definately nicer having less crowds at stores.
lauren -sorry your sick hope you feel better
laurie - when i'm being good...i exercise almost all week...i try to take one day off of rest and one day i do light exercise...but since i now have a lot of weekends i work...really i workout whenever.
have a fun trip alicia
night all...off to sleep
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:39 AM   #11  

wow is my foot ever sore. I was moving a 4x8 sheet of 1/4" plexyglass yesterday and I droped it on my foot high up so it hit the soft leather rather then the steel toe. It fell from 12 to 18" high. It was fine today at work but I came home tonight and took a nap. When I woke up wow was it ever sore. Onces I move it some it does ok no bruse has come up yet.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #12  
KAR

Just a quick note to say hi. Nothing much new happening here. Have a family reunion to go to for my dh's side of the family today. Hope I can eat small portions and within my limits without going over board. Nice thing is that it is at the state park so I will go and take a walk around the lake.
Alicia hope you have a safe trip!
John hope your foot is feeling better today!
GG don't work too hard today!
Hi to everyone else. I will hopefully be able to check in later.
Have a great Sunday!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:55 AM   #13  

Morning to all!
Hope everyone is doing fine. I don't have time right now to post to everyone but I'm def. thinking of you all.
This weekend has been pretty good so far. We hung out yesterday afternoon. My oldest son had football practice. Last night was really fun. Our school had an auction and silent auction to raise money for our school.
My dh won a weenie roast and hayride for the kids. In October. We are allowed to have 15 people. So us and 2 other families will be going. It will be a wagon pulled by horses, through the woods etc. then back to the ranch for a roast. We are all so excited!!
Well gotta take the biscuits out of the oven for the kiddos. I'll check in later.
I have my fat test, and cardio test with my trainer tomorrow. A little nervous but excited as well.
Heather
Hdawn is offline   Reply With Quote