Old 08-10-2007, 08:32 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4

Default Back on "the wagon"!

Greetings everyone!

Well, I have taken "the plunge", yet again; I have committed myself to losing "the weight." Don't you feel sometimes like a drug addict, constantly entering the recovery phase. How many days have you have been "clean"? *sigh* But regardless of the number of times I have tried, I am back again. So, I guess that is the good thing; I haven't given up.

I was beyond frustrated, and so down that I was in tears (on Saturday). I could no longer fit into even my "fat clothes." And with school just around the corner (I am a Vice Principal), I am terrified of walking those halls and being labelled "the fat teacher." I am starting a new school, a new position, and it's imperative that I make a "good impression."

So here I am! As of Saturday, Aug. 4th, I committed to staying "on track." I have been watching my food intake very carefully and have been walking on the treadmill for 3 miles a day. As of this morning, I am down 7 pounds (water weight I am sure). I have signed up with a personal trainer, and my program with him should start in a couple of weeks.

I am looking forward to talking with other ladies who are committed, but struggling, and need support. Thanks for listening and best wishes to all!

Sue
eterniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:40 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Sue!

I hear ya', my fat clothes are getting too tight also! Come join us on the daily thread!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:21 AM   #3  

Smile You message is ALL too familiar

My "fat" clothes are too tight as well. And there are only so many times you can say "I must have dried them too long".lol...
I need to have the mindset that I need a Lifestyle change. I'm really bad about the mentality of short term goals...(fitting into something) and as soon as that happens I give myself permission to pig out again.
I also am going to sign up with a trainer as soon as my kids are back in school. They start Wed. the 14th, I believe it is. So just around the corner.
Let's help each other out. I know we can do this.

Heather
Hdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215.2/210/145

Height: 5'5"

Yes Food is like a drug to me, so I know what your talking about! Here I am again, in rehab....hoping I can kick the habit this time. LOL My fat clothes were getting too tight as well, and I am NOT going to buy bigger!! NO WAY!! Best of luck to you as you journey along with us all......
mum2seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #5  

Well I am also back on the "Wagon". I started back on April 30th, and have been doing pretty well I think. I too have been here many times before. This time however I am taking a different approach, and am hoping that it is the right one. As far as the actual plan I am sticking to WW. I know this works for me. This plan has never been the problem-I have! The difference is that I am allowing myself to be human. If I happen to be in a situation that I decide to eat something that I normally would not eat than I forgive myself and move on. Kind of a "This is today, but I cannot do this tomorrow" sort of approach. I just tell myself that it is okay to splurge occasionally-just not every day. It really seems to be working well for me-and I am happy. I am losing, and enjoying myself once in a while. I still try not to over do it, but I am realistic enough now to know it is GOING to happen. In the past, I would get mad at myself and get an attitude and quit. I have realized though that even healthy thin people splurge on occasion too.
Another plus is that my employer has started a new wellness program this month and I have started to attend a twice weekly aerobics class. There have only been 3 classes so far, and I have gone to all of them. It has been alot of fun. Tough but fun. The first night halfway through I thought I was gonna die, but I would not allow myself to quit, and I felt great at the end after the stretching. It just seems that many things are falling ito place this time around, and I am thrilled. I also have a co-worker in the office trying to lose with me so that is a huge help too. We try to keep each other encouraged.
Anyway I can definitely relate to the on again, off again thing. At first I was almost embarrassed to tell folks that I was trying to lose weight because I thought surely they must think I am going to fail. I moved on past that, because at least I am giving it my best effort, and it is working.

Good Luck to you all, and I hope we can be support for each other. I promise to try to save you from falling off this crazy, runaway wagon!

Chrissy

bookwrmmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:33 AM   #6  
aka Anne Marie

S/C/G: 232/222/145

Height: 5'8"

Yay for being back on the wagon! I am, too. And I hear you about the new job. I'm applying for new jobs right now as well, and want to make a good impression as well. It's so hard when you are trying to lose and don't want to buy new clothes, but don't feel comfy in the ones you have. I am going to have to buy at least a couple of outfits to interview in, but hopefully I can make it down at least one size before I have to do that!
principessa is offline   Reply With Quote