Old 08-06-2007, 05:14 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat- Monday 8/6

Good Morning!!!!
Ok--time to get motivated and moving on...
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:02 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

So - the 'super secret' diet doesn't appear to have worked. I'm frustrated. I did a mid-week weigh in and I was over 3 lbs down from my weigh in last Monday. I was excited and happy and motivated. Get on the scale today - not only did those 3 lbs evaporate...I actually appear to have gained ANOTHER pound.

Here's what I was doing. No strict calorie counting. Eat a sensible breakfast - usually eggs, toast. Lunch - salad or raw veggies. Dinner - SOUP + meat. The "secret" was the soup - the idea that I would eat soup first to fill me up before eating anything else. I made a giant pot of homemade (fresh) vegetable soup and have been eating it every day. Worked to keep me full, but doesn't appear to have have the affect I had thought.

So, I'm down in the dumps today. It should be simple to get this weight off, but it doesn't seem to be. *sighs*
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

RR ~ don't give up on the soup idea. I love soup and come fall I make a pot almost every week. It's filling and so healthy. It's just too soon to give up on this. Keep doing what your doing and I bet that you'll see results in the coming weeks. Are you still able to get your lunchtime walk in?

Man, I feel great this morning! Got my arse out of bed bright and early and hit the treadmill. I finished organzing the basement yesterday and decided there was no excuse for not getting up and using my exercise equipment this morning. I'm still doing my daily walk each evening but I feel so much better if I incorporate exercise into my morning routine. It's hard for me to get up that early though!

Adah ~ just wanted to wish you continued good luck with the no smoking. Hang in there!! We all have faith in you. My DH has said that he knows that he'll never smoke again (he smoked for 20 years before kicking the habit once and for all) as quitting was the hardest thing that he's ever had to do.

Have a good one ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:22 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Joan, Good for you girl!

Roo, sorry the plan didn't work. It was a good idea though. Did you add salt to the soup? Is there a chance that maybe you're just retaining some water, since you were down? Are you drinking enough?

Have to go to the auto parts store and p/u more parts for my car. DH better finish it soon, I'm getting aggravated! It's just friggin' brakes!! But he broke some lug nuts/bolts, I bought new ones, and now he broke 3 of the new ones!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #5  
KAR

Morning All,
RR hope you got the motivation to make it through your day!
Roo sorry to hear that your secret plan didn't work out how you wanted it too. Like Lauren said could it be water retention? Don't give up! You have come to far to give up just yet. Did you get your hike in yesterday with your dw?
Joan congrats on getting up and using your treadmill already this morning. So what else are you going to conquer today with your new found energy?
Lauren hope your dh has your car fixed soon. Sounds like you are getting very frustrated.
Hi to everyone else.
Well I need to start thinking about moving around for the day. Just got up a little bit ago.
Chat with you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone! We had an awesome weekend here. We went to a friends for swimming and BBQ. Alex actually swam (with floaties) around the pool instead of being latched on tight to one of us. We took one of those sit in floaties for Cassie and she wanted NOTHING to do with it and she didn't want to be held. We put the arm floaties on her and she took off. She was happy as a little clam. She got mad when we took her out of the pool to eat dinner!

Yesterday I did the yardwork and whew! It took me 2 hours and we have a small yard. There were so many toys to move and I also did all of the trimming. DH doesn't trim when he mows so when I do it takes me a long tiime. I was exhausted when I was done but the yard looks great!

Lauren: Hmm, does he not know his own strength? I've never heard of anyone breaking lug nuts before. Maybe he should lay off the vitamins for a bit!

Roo: Give it time! Keep up the good work.

Joan: Wanna come here and organize? I thought I was organized until I started looking for the stuff that goes with my sewing machine. I put it all together in the attic when we moved into the new office and now I can't find it. I just hope it didn't get mistaken for garbage and thrown out. My machine is from the 60's and I don't know if the still make power cords for it.

OK, I'm being paged. Have a great Monday!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #7  

a quick hello from me...gotta get out the door and to the gym

my visit with dominic yesterday was great...the parent group was informative i guess, but that doesnt matter, if i have to go to see dominic i will be there...he ended up calling and he didnt want mcdonalds he wanted a sandwich with jalepenos...so that is what he got...i was also able to bring him shoes and a sweatshirt..it was actually freezing yesterday so it was a good thing to have me bring...it was great though

rx: i think your secret diet was a good one..i would say keep trying it for a couple weeks, i think you might see some great results...and also wtih what lauren said...are you drinking enough water?...i wouldnt give up too soon, you had a great idea

karen: sounds like your littel ones are gonna be fishes!...and congrats on the yard..that is a work out with great results

joan/kerry: have a great day

lauren: good luck with your car hope its fixed soon

to all others "hi" have a great day..i will try to check in later
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:11 PM   #8  
LBH

Christina, Glad you had a good visit with Dominic!

Karen, He does tend to not know his own strength! One bolt broke off in the hub. The rest were just basically stripped. It makes me nervous for what's to come for the new house, ya' know? He wants to do the new roof himself. He knows nothing, except what he's read in books, about putting a new roof on! I'm terrified, but I don't want to "insult" him by saying I don't think he can do it. At least it's only one story, so if he falls off, his chances of getting seriously injured are slim.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Lauren ~ LOL at DH stories... gotta love the guy for trying!

I am soooo bummed. Here I'm feeling so good about getting up and exercising and even gave Roo a pep talk. I hadn't weighed myself in at least two weeks so I figured that I'd see some serious results today. Hah! I'm up
3 lbs. I've been exercising daily and eating so good for weeks now. I know that I'm making lots of little changes that are so good for me in the long run but I'm so disappointed.

Roo ~ I hear 'ya. I want to see results NOW!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning!
wow it was very busy around here over the weekend, I have not been able to catch up on all the posts, I will read them in a little while.

Roo I am sorry for your disappointment! don't give up!

Karen sounds like you have a lot of fun over the weekend, that is so cute that the little ones swam all day! :smile:

Lauren good luck with the house, I hope DH is very careful and doesn't hurt himself.

Christina I am glad you were able to see Dominic, I am glad he is doing OK, do you know when he is coming home? is he going to stay in the program a lot longer.

Joan isn't it a great feeling when you clean something or finish organizing a room, it is for me! I am glad you are were able to use your equipment already!

Melinda where are you?????

Adah keep up the great work

Sheila :birthday: how was your birthday, was dh nice? did you get to do something fun?

GG I hope you had a nice day in Portland yesterday, did you go to walk around downtown? I love downtown Portland, there is a great restaurant I used to go all the time its called Brasserie's great food!!!! it is very close to Nordstroms like 1 or 2 blocks away. Would you like me to put you in touch with a friend of mine that lives there, she is great, let me know.

As for me, well I gained a couple of Lbs. I guess eating out every night will do it, we go down to see Sean at the hospital every night and by the time we get out (visitis are from 7 to 8 PM) we are to tired to come home and figure out dinner so we have been eating out. I am not eating much, but still. Sean had a great weekend, he has had a few good days, we don't know when he will be released Wednesday will be 2 weeks since he got there. The meds seams to be working they did do some major changes, and the consistency of the staff has been huge! I am going to have to do some really big changes in the house, in the routine and schedules and so on. This has been way to difficult. I am going to see the Dr. for myself today, I am getting really depressed so I may need to get a happy pill. I've also noticed I have a lot of anxiety, I need to talk to the Dr. about it too.
I will try to check in later.

Have a great day everyone!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

I had lots of trouble posting, the website was not letting me post or sign in, it was very weird!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:20 PM   #12  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

doing a fly by everythings ok just somethings going on with geroge i'll fill you in later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:19 PM   #13  
LBH

Correct me if I'm wrong but...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKI!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Hi all Got back in form my moms an hour or so ago. Just trying to get ready for this week now.

Had a great time spent time with mom. We can talk for hours LOL, Went to water country on sat and just chilled in the wave pool and then went to red lobster for dinner. Sun we went to bush and it freaking rained but that was cool cause I was there for the food. I love the smokehouse in one sitting I have 1/4 of BBQ chicken, 2 spare ribs, about 4 or 5 strips of beef brisket, corn on the cob, 1/2 rack baby back ribs, waffle fries, a smoked suage, gumbo, apple cobbler and a bud light. SO damn good. Then a few hours later I had choclate cover srawberries and a carmel apple.

So i'm back and catching up now
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #15  
LBH

Big John!! I hope you're feeling at least slightly remorseful!! Glad you had a nice time though!