Old 06-19-2007, 01:09 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default ~~30 Something's Chat: Tuesday, June 19~~

I've been blocked from the site for THREE DAYS!! Who knew that my very own router could limit my web access. I thought 3FC must have been taken over by aliens, then tonight I couldn't get to Amazon so I told DH about it. He said there's no way Amazon is down so he started investigating. Everything was checking out so as a last resort he reset the routers. VOILA!! Success!

Now, can you guys believe that my baby girl is 1 today? I am going to take pics of her (during the real day, not 1 AM!) today and I will post them. I just can't believe she is 1 already. Where on earth did the time go?

Things have been CRAZY around here this weekend, just know that I haven't called my Dad for Father's Day yet. Yikes. I think I just won't at this point.

WELCOME to the newbies. We are so glad to have you here.

Hana: Prayers said for you for Wednesday. Wish I could help you out. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Gotta go. I'm on DH's 'puter and the battery is dying. I hope everyone had an awesome weekend (I will have to go catch up on my reading!) and has a wonderful week!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:34 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!! Sent #2 to camp for a whole week--She was so excited getting on the bus and they have soooo much fun..It is all Down's/mentally challenged children so it does her good..K woke up with the stomach yuckies yesterday so hoping she is better since we have 85 for surgery this morning(yeah on those new insurance contracts)

Good Morning to everyone!! Welcome Tamra--
Nevaeh is really cute!!!
Karen--1 year already??? wow...
Lauren--I looked for U on myspace but there were too many with your name..I made me a page--of course, my friends are limited(IM, Doodlbops, My brother and 1 friend)
Heloo Roo, GG(yeah on the house) and everyone else!!!!
Off to work!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:14 AM   #3  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

RR: Hey sweetie! You and Lauren have myspace pages? Me too! My dad thinks it's hilarious that my brothers and I (all in mid-upper 30s) are on myspace. Of course, he's now thinking of designing one too!

Lois Lane: You doooo have a hamstuuuh too? I love my little girl! She's a pumpkin! Yes, she loves her milk bones-only eats 'um when she craves protein though. And, btw-if I give her a smaller one she won't touch it! She likes to put it in her mouth and run around the cage like a doggie! Too funny!

Roo: Oh my little funky chicken (I know, I know, it's rooster, but it didn't sound as funny)....yes, I would have to say I'm a big fan. Why? Because you make me smile! I, like Lauren, love your new motto babe!

Lisa: I'm really sorry for being so far behind in my reading-how did that interview for the temp job go? Sorry, I've not been very good to you! Love you!

Sheila: Phew! You've been up against a lot too lately! Things brighter this morning?

GG/Lauren/Christina: Yeah, I'm very grateful that I got switched to the Armour. I will say though, it was through my persistence. I called and said I need to talk to the dr. because I'm trippin'! Sure enough, I'd say that bp was trippin' fer sure. Geez! I'm surprised I didn't have a heart attack!

Kirsten/Clover: Where are you girls???

Tina: If you are still out there, gosh I wish you'd come back on! I for one, really miss your energy and sunshiney Texas charm!

Karen K: Hey you, what's new? She's ONE today? How precious! YES, take pictures!!!! How fun!!!

Hanna: There, that's your good luck power pack with group love, monkey energy and an individual hug from me!

Ok all, gotta run...raining here in ole' Kalamazoo (we need it, my grass is like pale yellow) and I have to curl my hair. I think 80's BIG HAIR is in order for the morning! Yeehaw!

Everyone I missed: I don't love you any less for not mentioning you directly!
MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:38 AM   #4  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All -

I've only been here since last Friday, but I love reading everyone's posts. i also have a little girl, she was 1 on May 1st. Time just flies. She's such fun. I look forward to getting to know you all. Hot and humid here in Northeast PA!!

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:40 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

MJ, I haven't heard anything yet, from the temp place. It is soo frusterating.

Hanna my thoughts and prayers are with you for tommorrow.

Karen, has it really been a year. OMG time really does fly. We absolutly (sp?) need to see new pictures.

GG, congrats on the closing, hope everything goes smoothly.

Angie, your daughter is adorable. She has a very, very good birthdate. ~ It's mine as well.

to everyone else.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:02 AM   #6  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Lisa,

Thanks for the welcome. I am fond of her (and your) birthday as well, can't beat a May Day Baby!!

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

goood morning ooohhh i woke up to a wonderful thing the sound of rain i am so happy it is only 70 here so far.....this is alot better then the high 90 we have been having. it is the little things that make me happy!!

hope everyone has a good day burn lots of calories
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #8  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey melinda,

Things are better this morning. My MIL came over and apologized and I was nice and told her briefly how I felt. I understood but do it to your own kids not your in laws and grandchildren.

17 year old son well back talker from **** anyone out there thinking the same.

I am going on vacation starting next friday. We are going to take a day and go swimming in Thermopolis and then take a day and just hang out at home then I have to go to billings for allergy testing. I am so tired of being miserable.

Karen CALL YOUR DAD! I was feeling kind of the same way but then I looked over at my DH and he would give anything to tell his dad that he loves him and can't. Call your dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

nothing exciting here...just saying hi. don't have to be at work until 10.30, so enjoyed a bit of a lay in...then took my dog for a 40 min walk...would have gone longer...but she was looking a bit exhausted. Alright...going to get ready for work now..bye all.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #10  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone. I had a horrible weekend and went on a carbs binge. UUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! It is so frusterating. But I am going to get back into the groove today and work out twice as much this week. Im thinking that I'm not going to be at my goal for my birthday if I dont get my butt in gear.

KARENK.... Time goes by so fast. My daughter is going to be 6 on friday and I can not believe that it has been 6 years. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #11  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Default So hard to take off, so easy to put back on!

It never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to take weight off and how easy it is to put back on. On Friday I was at 213 and over the weekend (we were in Banff for 3 days) I managed to put back on 2.5 lbs! That seems incredible and I know I'm going to have to work that much harder to get it off and keep it off. It's a little disheartening to think that a couple of drinks and one big breakfast (for the most part I stayed on plan for the rest of the meals) can put the weight back on so quickly. Is it possible that since I didn't drink even close to my normal 2-3 Litres of water during those 3 days that some of what I'm seeing is water retention? Anyone?

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #12  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone!! Been getting ready for the grandma's to come over for Cassie's BD. My house is a total wreck. As soon as I clean one thing the kids take over and mess it back up. I was on a good roll of keeping the house clean before we went on vacation and I'm having trouble getting it all together again.

Sheila: Yeah, I know. I gotta call my dad. He's not in great health so I know how bad I am.

OK, rest period is over. Gotta go attack the bathroom and then the never ending laundry pile. Have a great day!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #13  

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning~

Hope Everyone Is Well....i Have Been Reading All The Posts But Limited Time To Respond These Days...tons Going On With My Oldest And Then Work And The Little Guy....and Its Summer!

Hannah: Good Luck On Wednesday...will Be Thinking Of You!...let Us Know As Soon As You Are Able On How It All Went

Roo: So Glad You Are Back!

Karen: Sometimes The Smallest Things Make The Difference...if I Couldnt Get On For 3 Days I Would Have Gone Crazy...im Addicted To The Sites I Go To...i Woudl Have Made Mario Fix It Day One...you Have Patience Girl!

Gg: Congrats On The House!....when Are You Moving?...i Am So Happy For You

Rr: 85 Surgeries In One Day!...what Type Of Surgeries?...i Am Always Interested In What People Do For Work...maybe One Day I Will Figure Out What I Want To Do When I Grow Up ; }

Melinda: Glad You Got New Meds...i Hope They Do Better For You...i Am Going To The Dr Today To Get An Eval Get Some Blood Work And Make Sure Everything Is Going Well...but If It Were Up To Me, Everything Is Great...have Lost 15 Pounds Since Starting My Meds And Have Energy And Not A Big Deal Exercising..keep Me Updated With Your New Meds...somethings Gotta Work For You!

Anjie: Welcome..your Little One Is Adorable

Sheila: I Just Keep Telling Myself...this Too Shall Pass...went To Court The Other Day For My Oldest...the Psych Diagnosed Him With Oppositional Defiant Disorder...look It Up...in My Opinion..this Is Most Teenagers...i Was However Pissed They Put A Label On Him Cause.....this Too Shall Pass...good Luck Girl!

To Everyone Else...hello!...have A Great Tuesday
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:05 AM   #14  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Default thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome yesterday everyone. It's nice to have a support group, even when you only know people online.

Roo! Hello fellow countryman! LOL

RXZephyr (sp?) - Good to know that it's not always just women that are looking to change lifestyle and be healthy and share the journey. I, like you, have very few things about DH to complain about...after 16 years we know each other so well that if something is bugging one of us we can just say it and then work it out instead of pushing buttons that only make things worse.

Thanks again for the welcome. What plan is everyone on? Am I the only Slim-Fast user on this thread or are there others out there? Can I post some of my favorite recipes from the SF website? They're outrageously good and even my family is thoroughly enjoying the meals (just a little larger portions). My daughter is trying all kinds of new veggies that she hadn't had before (because I wasn't cooking them ) and is finding out that she actually loves all the healthful food. I'm not sure if there is any kind of copyright on the recipes (it doesn't say anything like that on the site), but they're really terrific and there are even meatless ones that I'm loving (pasta & peanut sauce and black beans & rice). Let me know if it's ok to post some as I'd love for some of you to try them and tell me if you love them as much as I do!

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #15  

HI TAMARA....WELCOME.....ID LOVE TO SEE SOME SLIM-FAST RECIPES...

OK FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS MYSPACE...HERE IS MINE

myspace.com/xxochristinaoxx

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE ALSO...
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote