Old 05-14-2007, 05:23 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Somethings Monday May 14 chat

Good Morning!! Happy Late Mother's Day!!!
Ok...Monday and time to motivate..I am happy to report--I feel like me again..No sneezes or sniffles just pooped!!!

Rx-Glad to "see" ya!!!
Ok--time to head out!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all. Well, we really did a bunch of talking this weekend. And we think we are going to refigure some number and see if we can afford a slightly more expensive house. For a multitude of reasons...but mostly RESALE. We've decided that maybe a "flip" house isn't such a good idea. So we are going back to square one with some MAJOR changes. First I made a Huge decision this weekend. The horse is part of the reason we couldn't afford more. And it appears in atlanta, the price we were looking for, the houses are either in the shady part of town, or really need way too much work. And the horse cost about 400$ a month. That could be a huge part of mortgage. So i talked to my sis last night and she was interested in getting back into horses. So she thinks she is going to take him....and if that doesn't work out, i think i'm going to donate him to a therapuetic riding program...he would be perfect for it. I would rather do that than sell him...besides its still a tax write off. As for renting...dH and i Don't want to do that...why pay someone money when we could get a tax shelter...and besides...with 3 pets it gets very hard to find a rental (trust me i've been through this before). So in all honesty its better if we can find a horse. So its be a long tiring weekend. And to make things worse...i found out my parents are going to put my GF in hospice..his colon cancer has returned and is in very bad shape..they suspect only a few more months. And GM alzheimers is getting so bad, my parents are at the end of the rope. And more stupid drama at work...only 2 more months at this place thank god. So as you can see. Right now i'm at the edge...i actaully laid in bed last night and cried...which i haven't done in forever. I think the stress just finally caught up to me. But today is a new day...and that's all i can say. I know things will work out..hopefully before my sanity makes a break for the door.

Hope you guys have a beautiful day. Check back later.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:00 AM   #3  

oh btw...welcome labohemian and morning rr.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:13 AM   #4  

good morning all!...hope all the mommies had a wonderful mothers day!..well today is my weigh in day and i am really not looking forward to it...last week i gained 8 ounces and the week before that i only lost 4 ounces...soooo, i am a little depressed about it..plus friday saturday i started..soo, i probably am in for a gain...

gg:i am so sorry about your gp..colon cancer is horrible..i work at a gi office and many times we talk to patients about hospice care...im sure you already know this but if he chooses to do it, he will be comfortable for his remaining days...i think that is the biggest positivie of hospice...they are there for him 24/7 anytime he calls or someone calls for him..good luck, i am so sorry

rr:i am glad you are feeling better

a big "HELLO" to anyone new here!...

ok, wish me luck at noon when i weigh, have a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:26 AM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone! Beautiful day here. The kids and I are off for a walk as soon as the baby wakes up and I get my posting done!

GG: I'm sorry that things are gouing so sucky for you right now. I wish I could do or say something that would help. I know this must be aa hard decision for you. You sound like you are at peace with it.

RR: Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Christina: Good luck to you on your weigh in!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:52 AM   #6  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Yo Yo YO and a bottle of rum.

YES, LITTLE CRISPY TACOS WITH EXTRA HOT SAUCE!!!! I'm still here!!!!

Sorry all about the delay in getting back on. CRAZY BUSY! I was gone for a spell last week and then this week I'm gone all week aside from today. And, I was a bad guuuuurl and the only time spent on the puter last week was in creating a myspace page.

GG: Boo boo bear, I'm bummed about the horsey. I know you feel it's best, but that is still a big decision. It would be so great if your sis can take over, then you'd be comforted that he's in good hands!!! Also, thanks for checking on me via pm!

Lauren/Joan/Lisa: THANKS FOR MISSING ME!!!! I LOVE YOU adorable little sunshines!!!

Down 1 pound! YEEHAW! Been walking and eating fairly healthfully. Energy doing better if I take my Vitamin B Complex late in the day. Hmmm...nothing else new.

Sorry I haven't responded to everything that has gone on in your lives in the past week. Just know that I do LOVE YOU ALL bunches and will get back here next week just as regular as always!!!

WELCOME NEWBIES!

Love, Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning all~
Nothing new to report here, it was overall a great weekend.

GG I am terribly sorry about your GP, I will keep you and your family in my prayers, I hope he doesn't have to be in a terrible pain, I know it is hard, my dad had cancer and didn't make it, I know exactly how you feel. Sorry about the horse, if your sister does take him that sounds like a great thing, and you can get to visit him, I know it must be a very difficult call to make. Try to eat healthy, you will feel so much better considering all the stress you are under, do you like tea? for some people it can be very effective when under so much stress and drink lots of water.

Christina good luck with the weight in!

Melinda congratulations on the Lb. loss! that is great

I am very excited! my best friend who lives in LA had a baby a month ago, I have not seen them yet, she wanted to have a lot of time with the baby and not see anyone until she was ready, well she just called me and asked me if I wanted to come and spend a couple of days with them, her husband is going to Japan for a week, so we are planning it so it would work best for both of us, it looks like I am going to spend the weekend there with her and the baby!!!! I can't wait, I am going to the fabric store TODAY! I am going to make her a quilt, I love quilting, specially baby girl quilts.
So off I go to the quilting store!

I will check back later!

Have a great day every one!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #8  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning all
GG sorry to hear about all that damn rough weekend hang in there
RX~ welcome back i notice you post like i do every once in a while LOL
Hello to everyone else
OK me horriable weekend as well mothers day SUCKED and so did my eating i was doing so good last week i need to re-start today
I'll check in later
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #9  

thanks guys for all the support. i'm feeling less stressed about all the stuff. I am feeling that the horse decision is wise...since in order to afford him, i'd have to commute longer, which means less time to see him etc...So we'll see...and i know a house will hopefully appear. And as for GP...well he's already live well over a year after diagnosis and treatment...so he outlived what the drs thought...and the most important thing was he was there for my wedding. I do hope he has minimal suffering and goes peacefully...that's all i whish for. But thanks everyone. I'm definately still a bit stressed/worried...but i've always been a positive person...and i do believe this move to ALT will be awesome. We will have so much outdoor things to do..and i know it has made DH and i already grown so much closer...**** i obviously love that darn man if i'm giving up my horse for him LMAO. Anyways..i do want to thank you guys...you have been AWESOME support..thanks all. I plan to get sleep tonight (Couldn't sleep at all last night) and then back into the working out..i know it will make a HUGE difference.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Afternoon Girls (and Rooster),

GG ~ so sorry to read about the pony... and GF... As Hanna already mentioned, at least if horse goes with your sister then you'll be able to still see him and ride him now and then. I do love the therapeutic horse riding program idea too. A few years back we enrolled DS in one and he loved it. Regarding the house, remember my posts from a few months ago??? I was a mess! Thankfully, it has all worked out just fine. You've got a lot on your plate right now. Hang in there Girlie...
ChristinaS, KarenK and Melinda ~ Hi!!! Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the good work.
Melinda ~ we're so glad that you're back with us *and* that the vitamin is helping to energize you a bit. Baby steps...
Hanna ~ it's good to read that you had such a great weekend ~ you deserve it!!! Have fun with the new baby this weekend. There is nothing sweeter than the sight and smell of a baby.
Michelle ~ How is Jessica doing? Lauren's suggestions were GREAT. I'd forgotten how overwhelmed I felt at times right after having a baby. Jessica is so young and has to be feeling very scared at times.

Busy weekend on this end. I had a wonderful Mother's Day. DH made an excellent breakfast yesterday morning. The kids made me homemade cards. We went to visit my family yesterday afternoon and there was food *everywhere!* My sisters are excellent cooks and it's hard to resist some of the dishes. I had a little of the things that I really wanted but was so busy visiting with everyone that I completely forgot to go check out the desserts. Sweets are my biggest weakness so the fact that I didn't eat any yesterday was damn near amazing;-). Happy Monday all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #11  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707Goddess View Post
RX~ welcome back i notice you post like i do every once in a while LOL
Hey Michelle - yeah, I only post once and a while these days. Mostly because I'm in such a BLAH mood all the time. As a result, I'm doing so poorly with the whole diet thing that I have pretty much "given up". All that said, I have a hard time not coming and checking out the latest gossip from all of you guys.

Why can I make reading this forum part of my routine but not something more worthwhile.

I told you all that I suck.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:13 PM   #12  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

YOU DON'T SUCK ROO!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!! BUNCHES

Come here big daddy and get your kisses and hugs from your 3FC baborama ladies.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

LOVE YOU ROO! Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Melinda you crack me up! that was a cute post!
I just got back home from the gym, I had a great work out, I went to the new quilt shop in town, it is not great, but I did find some nice fabric to add to what I already have here at home, now I am in a lousy mood, as I am typing the school calls and asked me to pick DS up, I am so p****d off, I was not going to answer the phone, I was going to let the machine answer and then if it was an emergency I would call back, I am not too good at it DS refuses to take his meds at school every once in a while, I have to go get him, so much for starting the quilt. grrrrrrr. And I am carving a burger, today I thing I am just going to have one. I will burn it off tomorrow at the gym. Oh well...

GG I wish your gp doesn't suffer, try to keep in mind the best memories you have with him, like you said you have a great memory of him being at your wedding that is huge!!! Hang on to the positive thought! The house thing will get solved, sometimes it just takes a little bit longer, a little bit unexpected work, things a long the way, we are just building character!!! and you have a lot of support and encouragement along the way! we are here for you!

Rooster don't disappear, you need support too, hang in there

Joan great job yesterday, sounds like you did great, it is hard to stay away from the sweets!!! but you did it!!! I am so glad you had a great mother's day too!

Off I go to pick up DS, I am not happy

See you later

H
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:16 PM   #14  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

***HAPPY LATE MOTHERS DAY***

Michelle: Why was your mothers day so bad? Sorry to hear that.
GG: Woman! It will get better I hope your sis does take the horse, that way you can still see the horse. Hope things work out for the family, and your house hunting.
Melinda: Hey I hear ya it has been crazy busy for me too, I hardly did any posts at all last week. Rum hu!! That must be a story.
Roo: You need to get out of that slump you are in. Brush yourself off and get off your stooper. I know depression can be hard. Come on there little trooper hop on to the "happy train".

My mothers day was good. My DH has the chicken pox! 40 year old man with the freakin chicken pox.

Any newbies hello everyone else I will catch up to you later.

sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:17 PM   #15  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hanna: Have fun seeing your friend with a new baby!!! Japan hu! her husband must be a corporate dude! Have a great time.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote