Old 04-13-2007, 05:23 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Friday April 13th!!!!! TGIF

Hellooooooooo...work is such a killer....I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too old to stand up 8 hours!!! I am exhausted when I come home but still have to "climb in the treehouse and slide down, run into the playhouse, climb, run etc etc I fell asleep before 7pm the last 2 nights!!! K read books and fell asleep with me...
Hope all is well!!!! Take care today!!!!
Have a great Friday!!!
Hello again Stevi!!! Hair looks great as usual!!!!! Little one is beautiful!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:02 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Someone must have pissed off Mother Nature again - we've gotten about 3-4 inches of SNOW overnight and are calling for another 3-4 inches during the day, mixed with rain. YUCK! The place where the train show is tomorrow is getting about twice as much snow with little/no rain. Hopefully it doesn't muck things up too much.

Since my weakness on Monday, I haven't been too bad. No bad food, but I think I'm probably over my calorie count. On the plus side - it's been beautiful out every day this week, which means that (aside from today) I was doing the lunchtime walk thing. I really don't think it's enough exercise, but I'm just not an active person.

Salsa class on Wednesday went well....I guess. We're getting into more and more complex moves and the instructor is using more complex and faster music which is making it even MORE challenging than normal. He showed us what we're doing next week and I think my brain just wanted to pack it's bags and leave.

As for the "big train show", I think we're ready. Things aren't all that pretty, but they're functional. I think that's the important part -- that the trains move. We've got another show in June, so we're going to aim to have things looking better for then.

Anyway, a big to everyone present and absent, posting and lurking.
(And, yes Stevi, I am sometimes very silly. Nice to have you back, girl. )

Have a great day everyone!
:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:06 AM   #3  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Oh wait....it's FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!

*ominous music with lightning in the background*

This day tends to bring the wierdos out. Hope everyone gets through this interesting day without too much badness, especially those who work in the health professions.

:L
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:15 AM   #4  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning

Thank goodness it is FRIDAY! This week has kicked my butt. I did awesome yesterday with my eating. I won't weight in until Tuesday next week.

RR: I hope your day goes better today. I hear ya that other night I was in bed by 7:30 I was exhausted. Hope you have a good weekend.

Rooster: Ihope you still make it to the train show. As far as mother nature goes I hear ya I am getting sick of her doing suprise snow visits also. Sad thing though when summer hits and it is 118 like last summer I will be going where is she I want some snow! Have a good weekend .

Take everyone

~sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..oh great Frid the 13th. I'm not supersticious but darn, it really does seem to bring the weirdos out.
Joan - sorry to hear about your house...hope it sells
happy2be- depends on what sx. I figure since its a yorkie..dog probably has a luxating patella (knee that pops in and out of joint)...if so that surgery is fairly routine. I would get it done. There's a lot of arthritic damage that occurs if you don't have it done.
rr- sorry about having to stand all day. that would suck
roo - have fun at the show. sorry about the snow
hi to all else...time for me to run off to work. bye!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:33 AM   #6  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

My last post should have said Take care everyone. You would think I had been drinking well I finally had my coffee. ugghh friday the 13th, it is happening already.

have a good day
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:33 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'

Tired, cold...wanna go back to bed. That's all for now!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/223/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello all and Good Morning! I am new to your support group and I'm looking foward to joining you all on the memorial Day challenge
a little blurb on me:
My name is Erica and i am 30..ok I'll be 31 on june 1 (yikes!)
I have 2 daughters ages 3 and 9 months.
I joined curves last month to help get back into the whole gym thing that has been missing from my life for 10 years!!
anyways I've lost 15 lbs from curves and their low carb diet plan...

I do like to feel accountable as there are millions of peeps hanging around my house...I swear they are staring at me..taunting me...but I have resisted! (major accomplishment!) I look foward to chatting with you all!

oh I do have a question about the challenge.. when is weigh in? mondays?

Thanks!
Erica823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Erica, most everyone wi days are different. I fluxuate between Sat and Sun. Do whatever you feel is most comfortable for you. By the way your girls are darling.

RX, sorry to hear you got more snow. Are you going to be able to make it to your show? Remember that you need to be good at the show as well.

RR, Wow that sounds very tiring, I think that I would also fall asleep early too.

Lauren, I agree, I want to go back to bed. Unfortunatly, I cant. Maybe tommorrow we can sleep in!?!

Time to take care of business.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:15 AM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Welcome Erica!

Lisa, nope...school at 8:30. Maybe a little bit Sunday....like til 7:30 or something. Darn kids...can't wait til I have to get them up!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Happy Friday the 13th. Yes the wirdos do come out!!! My husband is not superstitious at all, but he does see weird people on Full moon day's and 13's
I am going to try not to be weird today!!! LOL
Honesty the stress is killing me. I am not myself. DS is draining ME

Today I am going to the gym!!! no matter what happens, I didn't have a chance to go yesterday and later I am going to be planting my ROSES came in!!!

Sorry for all you who have bad weather, Souther Ca. is beautiful today!

GG
thank you for the information, they did say it could cause later problems if I don't do it. I like the guy (vet) too. The vet said he will let me make 3 payments for the surgery and all that is involve. Right now we are spending about $1500 on DS advocate, therapy (not covered by insurance) on and on and on... The Yorkie is a little boy. He is soooo active, never stops, he looks like he runs on batteries. He has a brother, when I went to buy him a year ago, my good friend and neighbor asked me to pick up a dog for her too, I kind of joked and I asked her how would I pick a dog for her with out her seeing him first, well, long story short we did buy a dog for her too. That's why you sometimes read in my posts my 1 dog or my 2 dogs, they are for the most part together, mostly at my house, every now and then they are at Susie's house. I am worried about the recovery and how difficult it will be for him, I don't know if he is going to be able to see Thor (his little brother) for a few weeks
Thanks again!

Z-

Erica

RR I hope you have a great day, and remember the weekend is coming try to get some rest!!!

Rooster good luck with the train show, take lots of pictures and share them with us!!!

I will check in later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:23 AM   #12  

welcome erica
hey there lbh and llpenn
Happy - well if yorkie is doing well you could hold off for a while. if he isn't showing major lameness you can wait...obviously not ideal. But if due to everything else in your life...it isn't life or death. It is something that can wait. So maybe get the stuff with the advocate taken care of and in the mean time start you yorkie on a glucosamine supplement (from the vet not from the store) to help the joints.
alright all...today isn't too bad. Work is not really busy..which is good. I think i'm still in vacation mode from having yesterday off. We'll see. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone!
I don't know how much I am going to be able to do today, I feel like I am going to collapse, I was cooking breakfast for DS, he walk up fairly late today (I was hoping it was a good sing that he was going to be rested and happy and managable) and all of a sudden he started just acting out, screaming, I was asking him to please calm down and not be so loud to please go to the back yard and when I realize it I am just a mess, I started subbing, shaking and crying. I ask everyone who believes in G-d to please say a prayer for DS. I am so exhausted! thank you for your support.

GG thank you for the advise too! I greatly appreciate it!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:59 PM   #14  

happy - i'm so sorry you are in the situation you are. I can't imagine having to deal with all you do on a daily basis. Hang in there. I hope the higher powers that be will send you some relief.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

happy ~ my heart goes out to you. You have so much to deal with on a daily basis. I wish that I were there to give you one great big hug. If this medicine isn't helping, try another one. My friend's daughter is bi-polar and things have gotten much, much better as she has matured. Hang in there Girlie.... Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote