Old 04-03-2007, 05:04 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Daily Chat Thread Tuesday April 3!!!

Rise and shine everyone!!!!
Just a really quickie start cuz I am off to work for 4:15---Spring break is a killer for surgery!!

Have a happy morning!!! Will recheck in later this morning!!! Had to be here before the "Rooster" crows!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:52 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Talking

4:15 am EASTERN = 5:15am ATLANTIC = NO CHANCE. Even if I wasn't on vacation. At least I was successful in getting RR back into posting.

With the folks here, no time for me to post anything in detail. "kinda" eating properly, mostly an issue with amounts again/still (peanut butter & crackers...)

Anyway, my beauties, I'm going to disappear. Wanted to get a quick in before I start the day.

Stay happy everyone!

:Lawrence
Rooster In The Hen House.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning Everyone

Nice to see the Rooster and Road Runner Racing to do the thread makes every morning exciting to log. Keep it up!!

Have a great day!

~sheila~
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:21 AM   #4  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Sheila: I sooooo agree that it's fun to start the day seeing who posted first between RR and Roo.

Mornin' sunshines! The weather forcasts call for tons of rain and storms today. Fine by me! I LOOOOOOOOVE thunderstorms. The only thing I really don't enjoy is cold gray days w/o any kind of precipitation. Otherwise, I'm good. Now, I do have to say that I better be getting a little bit of yellow warmth from the sky next week on vacation...or mama's not gonna be a happy camper! Wow...a Tuesday with no jurors, I don't know what the heck I'm gonna do with myself all day. This hasn't happened in years! So far eating has gone fairly well for me this week (it's only Tuesday though...not much of an accomplishment I suppose). However, I have been drinking nothing but pop and coffee! I only lasted until 7pm yesterday...but I think it was the eye issue. Whenever I have like an eye infection or my contacts give me a run for my money, it seems like my whole head winds up hurting and it literally wears me out. I wonder if that sounds crazy?

Hanna: Kudos to you for doing Disney yet again...and with a guest too...AND w/o eating like I would have!!! I'll say it again-you really are a special person (and your husband too) for being such patient and loving parents.

Lauren: When do we find out about the job??? I'm sooo jazzed. Did you get the "thanks for the interview" letter out?

Lisa: Hey little muffin...where are you, I miss ya!!!

Christina: on the weight loss! That's awesome!!!! Don't be frustrated though, the slow losses are the long term ones!!!

GG: Come ownnnnnneeee gurl, can't blame me for tryin'! LOL I woke up this morning and saw your Gators won! Yeeehawwww! I'm an NFL girl myself, so I understand the whole "being too wired to sleep 'till the game's over" thang. My team is going to suck this year though 'cause the coach keeps booting people off the team. Kicking my QB was almost the last straw...I'll give the team one more year of this nonsense and then I might have to stray...after 10 years of dedication! Oh, sorry-it's the Denver Broncos.

Ok, so Vittori (my hamster daughter) is driving me bonkers! She has now figured out a way to climb on top of her hanging water bottle to reach the top of the cage. Sooo, she has not lost that too. In the past month I have had to take away her little wooden house, her eatable log and many other things. She climbs up high and eats the plastic rim around the tank-it's bizarre. She has milkbones to gnaw on and peanut shells....but yet she is addicted to the plastic. I have no idea why. Now I had to put a mini water bowl in there for her so she won't climb up and eat plastic and get sick. Unfortunately, that doesn't work so well because this morning I woke up and she'd knocked a bunch of bedding into the bowl which absorbed all the water. GGGRRRRRR....I know that there was another (former) hamster mommie out there....do you have any suggestions? Eventually I will buy yet another (this is her third) house. Right now she's in a 20 Long gallon glass tank. It's huge. I'll have to go to the superduper sized really tall tank next...which is insane because she's only the size of a large Idaho potato! Unbelievable! Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..i'm dragging. Got my butt out of bed to feed the ponies..but man i'm hurting..guess that's what i get for stying up so late. Morning RR and rooster.
Mj...i would suggest lots of things to chew on hamsters are very destructive. I know a lot of ppl who use empty toliet paper rolls or empty klenex boxes to help keep them occupied. They love to chew. I think they also make "safe" wooden things for them to chew on. Sorry not much help..but a hampster is a chewer...that's what they do for a living LOL. And yes they love to make messes....that's why i don't have furry little pocket pets. Too much work for me LOL.
anyone else i missed...sorry i'll catch up later. Think i may go get my java fix!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

happy2b...btw..yes they do make pet insurance. I don't know which one is better..i have several clients that use VIP pet insurance and seem happy...but can't really recommend one. I do suggest it. But read all the fine print...there's a lot of loop holes. Also, most don't cover preexisting conditions (just like human insurance). I would look around. Also talk to your vet...several work with the vet's etc. The other thing is what i personally do...put X$ in the bank every month for "pet Emergencies". Trust me..i do get a discount as an associate vet..but since i don't own the clinic..i do have to pay for stuff...at least i get a discount (not much though).
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:28 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey All,

OK, advice needed, since my recruiter hasn't gotten back to me. i need to send a few thank you's. One to yesterday's interview telling them I want the job, which I have no problems with. The other (well, I need to send a few to the people I interviewed with) saying thanks, but I need it to be pretty generic. I don't want the job, but I don't want to turn it down until I find out about the one from yesterday, make sense? So I can't say, thanks but no thanks, and I can't say, thanks, I want it, KWIM?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #8  

Morning ladies! Would someone like to tell me how I gained 3 lbs since my last weigh in!!! ARGH! I have gone over my note book, never went over 1800 lbs, daily exercise, even mowed two lawns! (Ours, and the neighbors whose hubby is deployed), that is a great work out, specially the first cut of the season like hers was!) Makes for a grumpy Tuesday. I should add that in order to maintain my current weight I would require MUCH more than 1800 cals a day lol.

Yesterday I made my sister-in-law a wonder pair of post surgery jammies. They are just yummy, I'd share a pic if I knew how

mel: hamsters and plastic cages should not go hand in hand. LOL I can not believe they sell them for the purpose of housing hamsters! And they're not cheap! The glass tank, with a bunch of fun toys seems to be best. I know there is a "no climb" water bottle design I can't recall who makes it. You could get a metal "wire" cage but if it's anywhere near your sleep quarters, you'll never get any sleep once hammy starts chewing on the cage!

Off to clean house, my hubby is flying this evening (he flys cargo/refueling planes) so he's home this morning, clean while I can
~Z
fabricaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #9  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Lauren: I would wait until this afternoon to send the ones out about the job you'd prefer not to take (that way you'll hopefully know about the one you do want by then). Can you simply state: "I really enjoyed meeting with you on _____ and appreciated learning more about the _______ position." If they have already offered the spot to you and you don't want it, (until word comes back on the other position) you could add: "I will anticipate making a decision on your offer by noon on Thursday and I thank you for your patience." If they haven't offered you the non-wanted job yet, then you can leave it @ that very generic "thank you for your time" note. I know, it's not that good is it? Sorry, I tried...brain not on full tilt yet today. Where's Roo-mgmt should have some good ideas on the best language to use in those notes!!! Keeping my fingers crossed hon!

Fabric: Hey there! Yeah, Vittori started out in a little metal cage and I moved her because (a) it was too small and (b) I read that allowing them to chew on metal is really bad as it can force their teeth back into their heads and can actually pierce their brains. Doesn't that sound horrible! So then we graduated to another one..this time it was a 10 gallon glass tank. Now she's in the 20L glass tank and yes, I agree...I have no idea what the plastic around the top's purpose is???? I guess it serves as a seal of some sort for when the tanks are used for fish??? I just don't know. Oooooh.....but the no-climb water bottle really sounds like something I need to check into! Thanks for the tip! Ok....now as to the 3 pounds....I betcha it's just water gain...did you eat anything particularly high in sodium lately? Is it that special moment in time (of the month)??? I really think you shouldn't worry....see if it doesn't fall back down in another couple of days. Regardless-KUDOS to not only mowing two lawns but doing a good dead in the process! That was a really sweet thing to do (not to mention making the jammies)!!!

GG: Oooh....yeah the kleenex box might just work! Thanks for the suggestion! I've tried wood...the girl does not touch it! She really wants plastic. Although she loves those little shred boxes w/the treats inside (cardboard). I guess I should be lucky that she has never bitten me or even tried too. She really is very spoiled w/ all the fresh veggies and fruits she gets from mommie! Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #10  

Sodium! I hadn't even thought about that! We went to a Pig Cookoff two towns over this weekend! Pork has lots of sodium! So that would maybe, hopefully make sense lol.

On the giving hamster cardboard, make sure it's not color, ya know with ink and dyes. Growing up we kept plenty of hamsters in wire cages, I wonder if the chewing wire danger warning isn't something planted by the evil plastics company to sell more chewtoys, I mean cages LOL. Here is a link to maybe take some ideas from: http://www.saferpets.co.uk/CaringForHamsterGerbil.html

We have thought about getting a hammy for my son, but I'm afraid it'll bite him, he's a very scared little boy anyways, that could just put him over the edge
~Z

Edited to add:
http://www.amazon.com/Lixit-Aquarium.../dp/B0006B6804
fabricaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone! Sorry to be MIA for so long. We moved the office this weekend and I was computerless for awhile and working my hiney off yesterday. Almost everything is put away, we just have to organize the closets. Right now things are just tossed in to get an idea of where to put them. We had two huge desks in the old office that were built in the room and had to be taken apart and put on the street. We really wanted to have someone take them (listed a curb alert on Craigslist) but they didn't and it rained on them Sunday. The garbage men took them away so we gave them a 6 pack of beer. Hopefully they have good thoughts about us instead of cursing us because of the mess!

Today my back is *so* sore. I've taken Advil, used a heating pad and a vibrating pillow on it. Ugh. I can't believe how much it hurts to pick up the baby.

RR/Rooster: You guys are way to chipper so early in the morning!

GG: Good idea on putting money in the bank for pet care. Hey, you should get a huge discount on your vet bills!

Melinda: Your girlie sounds cute! I have no advice for you. I've never owned a hamster. Our friend has two and we used to save all of our toilet paper and paper towel rolls for them to chew. They went through them lickety split.

Fabric: Hello! Yup, I bet the Pig Cook-Off was the culprit. Drink tons of water and try weighing again. You might be surprised.

My heating pad has cooled off so I need to go microwave it again. OUCH. I'm not looking forward to standing up. It's the getting up and down (and walking) that hurt so much. Once I'm up or down I'm OK.

Have a super duper day everyone!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning all!
I woke up early this AM and I tried to post early early, but my computer was not working.
I am tired, had a long night. Did great as far as exercise and food, no complaints there.
I have to run out already, DMiL is in the hospital, may need surgery today, she has a blockage in her stomach, I am worried about her too, she is 80 yrs old. Prayers are appreciated! her name is Maddy. I will post later.
On my way out... Got to run...
Eat well!!!! stay away from
Eat your and s

Have a great day!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #13  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

HOLY~~~ YES im still here too i just dont post as much as everyone else but i wanted to make it a point to tell you YES im still here and i hope all is ok at home and are you still dancing?

For everyone else I have been fighting the whole sickness thing sore throat feeling blah OH and to top it off i think ol' aunt flo is on her way into town.
But on a good note i'm making Jessica walk every night with me i told her the dog is getting fat and we needed to start walking her everyday LOL im sure she knows im doing it for her to I WANT THE BABY TO COME LOL

HEY i saw it on 20 something's I'd LOVE to do a PIC thread LBH you think you could start us one AND the pics could be anything i'd just love to see who im chattin' with ??? what do you guys think
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick note here. I'm running late to work again.
Happy2be, I'll say a little prayer for Maddy. It's always scary when a senior has to go for surgery.

Congrats, GG, on the win!! So exciting!! Are you wearing your Gator scrubs today in honor?

MJ - I've had a few hamsters and they all chewed on the plastic at the top of the tank AND the plastic tank topper we had AND the goop sealing the sides together. We put the toilet/paper towel rolls in and a ton of other chew toys (for hamsters). Hadn't heard about the no climb water bottle. Sounds like a great idea. I tried the water bowl also and got the same results you did. Or they just dumped it over after they took a little swim. I finally gave up after they started eating the goop sealing the sides. I figuered I had provided them with enough "good" things to chew on and I couldn't stop them. I mean you can't give a hamster a time out right?

RR and RX - Someday you might just see a post at 2am or 3am starting off the day . Although to be fair, it's not a new day for me. I am just a night owl.

Lauren - I think MJ's note sounds great. I am terrible at those sorts of things.
Will keep my fingers crossed that you get the job you want

Well, I'm off to work. Later ladeis and gentleman.
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:14 PM   #15  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Michelle

I like your idea of pics that would be fun

Hey
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote