Old 03-26-2007, 07:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Somethings Chat Mon March 26

Morning all
Sorry i didn't get to post this weekend. I spent all weekend in Marietta (near atlanta) looking for possible places to live. We got in sooooo late last night and now i'm barely functional. But we got a lot accomplished. We didin't really look at many houses per se, but what we did is drive around a lot and figure out what areas are potential good area to buy. Its very frustrating however, Since we'll be down to my income only. We found a great area that's going under restoration and "up and coming" so me and DH are hoping to find a fixer upper in that area. ANyways...very long weekend. Eating wise i did ok. Not perfect, but i did try to monitor a lot and my eating habbits are changing. At lunch one day, instead of ordering the fried crawfish po boy that i wanted, i ordered chicken gumbo and a salad...so i'm gettting better. ANyways...hope everyone one is well...got to run...late for work. bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:09 AM   #2  

Hi all,
I had such a busy weekend - lots of sports games my boys had (and I didn´t show up the last games so I really had to go this weekend) and we wanted to find new tenants for a nice flat we own not far from our home (too small for us but anyway) - we´re sure that a very nice couple in their 60thies will love this flat and we´re going to make the contract on Thursday We had so many people who wanted to rent the flat we didn´t know whom to take in the end....
Eating is a bit of a problem on the weekends for me. Hubby loves to cook then and he´s definitely not the low-fat-cook I am So I cooked on Saturday but yesterday I think I really had too much fat. I was in the gym this morning and try to live very healthy today
My little one has another dentist appointment this afternoon - I´ve two more meetings and the house looks like **** - I don´t know: every Friday it looks at least ok and after the weekend - omG.........
Gat I know what you mean with frustation about places to live in but you were there and were able to take a look so that you can decide much better - at least that´s a good thing!
Take care and stay healthy, girls! Kirsten
Milagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:28 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning all.... The weekend was crazy Saturday I ended up in Billings I hardly did any shopping I guess I have cabin fever. My 13 yr old son cody is really sick he came down with a fever and such yesterday after he got off work. My parents own a Taco Johns yeah! He gets to work for grandma and he loves it can't say that for my 17 year old son.
Today I start back at work and the kids are in school. My daughter who is 9 years old keeps saying you know mom why does vacation and the weekend go by so fast. Well hopefullywhen she figures that one out she will let me know. I got back on track with my eating yesterday finally. Felt great! One thing I do for lunch that has helped me sooo much is have a weight watcher meal. It really makes a difference for me otherwise I eat what the daycare kids eat. My husband is home all week working here in Worland this week. which is great. I am planning to go over in June to Newcastle and see him. heck I make it a mini vacation and see Mr. Rushmore, etc it is only 25 miles away from there. It is nice to have him home for a change.

Gat: I sure hope you find the home you are looking for. You should check into any hud listings we bought ours for 9500.00 that of course was 18 years ago but they are out there, and in nice neighborhoods too. congrads to good eating. I did the same eating out I had a whiskey BBQ chicken salad oh it was good. But those choices are hard keep it up girl, hope you don't drag too bad today.

Kristen: We have a rental next to us. I have wanted to buy that house for the last 18 years. The people that rent it don't care if they rent to druggies or husbands that beat their wives, Maybe there will be a wife that beats her husband, just kidding it is amazing. I am glad you made a wise choice older people tend to stay put. Hey I give myself one day a week to eat whatever although last week blah vacation it didn't work. At least you have a husband that cook! Good going girl friend!!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all

Just finishing my work night so I'll be off to bed soon. Did okay eating wise this weekend. Still no chocolate. Didn't exercise at all even though I had good intentions. Maybe today....

Hope everyone has a great day.
Clover2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 AM   #5  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Hi Ladies!!!

Ok....very small moment of success that I would like to share/celebrate with you!

On Saturday I was able to get up around 5:30 am...stay awake all day (w/o a nap) and was able to stay up until 9:00 pm. Also, on Sunday I woke around the same time, worked out in the yard for about 2.5 hours (hard too)....did not take a nap and was still able to stay awake until 8!!! To those who are new-I have hypothyroidism and I normally cannot stay awake past 5:30 or 6pm every day....I completely cannot function. So...to have 2 days in a row where I was quite active and was able to form a sentence still in the evening hours is THE BEST I'VE FELT IN OVER A YEAR!!!!! I think the double dos of synthroid may really be working already!!!

GG: Hey there little muffin! I know it's going to be a tough road ahead, but this is really going to prove to be a wonderful new chapter in your life! I really feel that. Besides, with your spirit, energy and drive-nothing is gonna hold you down!!! I'm routin' for a fixer upper so that you and hubby can pass along remodeling tips! I've done some insulating and painting through Habitat for Humanity....but that's about all...and I'm not caulking cracks in my wood paneling. KUDOS to you for choosing the more healthy alternative!

Kristen/Sheila: I think the 60 year old couple will be a GREAT choice! Phew! That's such a relief to find good renters! A good sign of whether or not owners are good is to whom they rent-and it sounds to me, Kristen, that you are in the fab category!!! Especially with the amount of interest shown in the flat!!! Sheila-do the people who own next door simply not want to sell? That's tough! I know that when I was househunting, I purposely avoided even looking at a couple of great houses because they were near rentals-but that is because it was obvious from the outside appearance that the landlords were not very caring. I hope Cody gets to feelin' better...I know I'd feel better in a hurry if I could be @ Taco John's!!! Do employees get to eat lunch for free? If so, I'm in!

Lisa: Ok, ok....I promise...no more screen licking! How's the weather? Are you slated to hit up near 80 today like we are? This weekend was supposed to be amazing...it wasn't. Poured like a screamin' banshee on Saturday and then yesterday it was nice for Spring, but nothin' to write home to mama about.

Michelle: I'm dying to know hon-how did the shower go????

Laura: Thanks for gettin' our rumps movin' and a shakin' on goals!

STOP, carrot time: (Supposed to be a play on the 80s thang.... STOP, Hammer time). I hope that wasn't lost on everyone....

Lauren, Tina, Rooster, Molly, Joan, Karen, Clover, ALL FELLOW NEWBIES-GOOD MORNING!!!

Ok, gotta go find my mid-morning snack. Kind of thinkin' an entire roast or 44 1/3 corn dogs would be swell. But, I guess I'll settle for some crackers or a South Beach snack bar.

BTW-STILL NO MOUNTAIN DEW!!!!!! Though I really am fiendin'....... Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #6  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Default Ooops!!!!!

Kirsten:

I am sooooo sorry, I totally put "Kristen" in the email. I apologize....I also had several other weird little typos in my last email!
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:21 AM   #7  

milagro - congrats on finding a renter...its sounds like a good couple...doubt they would be "party animals" LOL
mj - congrats on finding energy. I don't really know what its like personally..but i sort of know from a vet stand point. It's amazing how many owners tell them they have a new dog after a month on thyroid meds...their skin clears up, they loose wt and they have energy again...very rewarding problem once discovered. And yes i'm a little stressed about the house..but i know something will work itself out..and DH is great with remodeling..he pretty much did his last house from top to bottom and that's why we made so much extra $$$$ on our sale. He's actually going back to school for construction management (he's an aeronautical engineer..aka rocket scientist right now). So we would love to find a fixer upper. We found one yesterday, but it was on the high end of our ability for mortgage and would need about30 - 50,00$ in renovation. But it was ideal..only 2 blocks from the historic downtown square of marietta with a perfect view in an new and up coming area. But we'll be patient....at least we figured out a few areas WE DO NOT want to be in...there were definately bad areas where houses were for sale for months if not years on the market..so we need something with resale potential. I'm also a bit stressed about if i should finacially keep the horse. It is a huge montly expense. That's really my biggest worry. I'm definately going to give it a shot because i'm not ready to sell him yet...even if i have to take a part time working a few days here and there at an e/r clinic for extra $$$. But we'll see. I know everything works out for a reason.
Congrats sheila on getting back on track eating wise. It really does make you feel different.

Today i'm starting a new goal (personal). I've been having a hard time giving up my one coke-a-cola a day. I'm going to go cold turkey. Since i use to have an occasional coke 1-3 times a week. But lately the 1-3 times a week has turned into a daily thing. So i'm going to try to just give it up all together. That 140 cal for one can just isn't worth it.
Well back to work i go...talk at you ladies later. GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 12:53 PM   #8  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey
Melinda: yes employees eat free.........But what is worse since My parents own it, well we get half price and let me tell you it used to be so easy to say TJ's is cooking tonight. My fat is Taco Johns fat! Now I eat there once every two weeks. The landowners don't want to sell but when they do we get first dibs! Can't wait.

really glad things are looking up for you with your thyroid. That can be tough, my mom had hers removed. Life is so fun isn't it.
Have a great day!

sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #9  

boo hoo had already typed up a reply and Poof it was gone....computer issues

Well anyhow hope everyone is having a good Monday

This weekend wasn't to go on the eating end. Today is a new day so hopefully it will be better. At least so far I have been able to drink 3 of my 8 servings of water...I also packed a lunch for work verses eating out.

What do you guys recommed as far as frozen low cal meals? I really need to pack a lunch everyday.

GA- don't worry i'm sure everything will work itself out Also I'm sure any house you chose you will make into a great "home".

GA/Clover - good luck on the just say no to coke/chocolate

MJ- so glad to hear you had a good energized weekend.

Hope everyone has a good start of the week!
MOI MOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #10  

i'm NOT a big frozen food/meal person. I've tried many but sort of get sick of them..they tend to have too much sodium and preservative. But if i have to have a microwave ready food the only ones i really do anymore are by a company called Kashi. They make several that are great! They actually taste like baked chicken...not all the preservatives. My favs are Chicken pomadora and black bean chicken. They are high in fiber because they either use whole wheat pasta or barley. So may be a little unusual at first but i Love them...they are a bit more pricey however..usualy 3-4$ a meal.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:48 PM   #11  

oh yeah..and by the way...surviving the no coke so far...but definately a little tired today from lack of sleep right now...but i'm NOT going to rely on the coke to get me through the day...i can do it...i think i can i think i can. LOL
Old 03-26-2007, 01:51 PM   #12  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

Height: 4'11"

Hey gals. Just wanted to check in and say "hi". Computer at home is down and don't have much time at work to post. Anyway, DS moved into his room yesterday. He didn't sleep too well since he's slept in the same room with mommy and daddy for the first 5 months of his life and he's got 6 teeth all trying to come at once. Poor boy. I'll post pics of the nursery soon. It's so sweet. With the new carpet and everything, it feels like walking in to a new house when you go in there.

As far as weight goes. Haven't gained, haven't lost. Just hangin' out. Eating on the weekends is not going well. I ate out 6 meals in a row this weekend!!! YIKES!!! Starting with breakfast on Saturday it was Jack-in-the Box, Chili's, Sisters House (not a restaurant, my sister's house), Donut Shop, McDonalds, Whataburger. Can you hear my arteries clogging? But, I was so active both days shopping and working in DS's room that I didn't gain. THANK GOODNESS!

Well, I'm off. It's me and 30 kindergarteners right now. I'd better get busy. Have a great week girls!
4me4ben4will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:33 PM   #13  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning all
Melinda~ yes the baby shower was a hit i Was really surprised how well it went off

OK NOW im REALLY SCARED Jessica has developed and VERY BAD facial and neck twich i dont like it and at night she complains that her neck hurt ??
should i take her to the hospital im doing everything in my power to help her relax i dont know what else to do
any suggestions would be great
Thanks
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:04 PM   #14  

hey godess..i would take jessica to the doctors. i could just be a mild pinched nerve/stress but it could also be something more serious. I think its always better to be safe than sorry.
hey there karen...good to hear you didn't gain. hang in there with 30 kindergardeners..sounds like a crazy time
Just checking back...work is really really slow today. Btw...i was very tired and craving a coke earlier and guzzled about 1/2 liter h2o and right now..i feel much better. I think i am tired but i was also dehydrated. Yeah..maybe i can do it LOL.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:07 PM   #15  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Hi All!!
Happy Monday!!

Melinda - I'm so happy you're feeling better!!
GG - Nice work on noticing your changing food habits. I'd totally call that a success. Sometimes I think we don't celebrate the small victories.
Sheila - I've never been to a TacoJohn's. We don't have them here, (and GG - I've also never had a crawfish po- boy?) Maybe I've ducked a bullet living in Canada, cause they sound tempting and I'd venture to say if it's fried, I've consumed it!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend, and if not, there's always the week.
Last week I was saying my DBF invited his ex-wife over for dinner because their son moved in with us a couple of weeks ago. I'm quite proud to say; there was no Springer-esque catfight, I didn't drink a box of wine, nor did I fake a seizure to prematurely end the evening.
She's a lovely woman who brought us a little housewarming gift and we had some great conversation, so I guess the worrying was all for naught.

Anyways, I biked to school today which took a half an hour and there were no major mishaps so I can definitely say that my day has been a success - so far.

I hope everyone is staying OP and has a TERRIFIC day!!
Tam
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote