Old 03-16-2007, 05:25 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something Daily Chat Friday Mar 16

Good Morning!!!
Lauren--Ok--I have been taking the "pill" but I was having breakthrough agitation kidding!!!
Ok--since marriage--U have had 2 children, moved etc etc..Give yourself some credit girl!!! Now, get off the buttocks and get goin!!!

I had the ole checkup yesterday..All is well---Karen--sounds like the same symptoms/labs I got when they diagnosed insulin resistance..Since being on the med--I lost over 20lbs and dropped the cholesterol more than 20-pts to be normal--The thyroid pill will help..Watch some of the "generic" pills--I find SD's levels are up and down if we dont have the "Levoxyl" brand..It is just weird....

Helloooooo to everyone.....
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning All!!

I just caught up with everyone by reading notes from yesterday. It's great to see all of the newbies joining in!!! Keep it comin'! This site is wonderful and super encouraging for all.

Like GG yesterday, I set my alarm for 5:30 this morning (as I've done every other single morning this week) and actually got up and exercised. Here it is nearly 45 minutes later and I feel GREAT! I normally get up at 6:00 so you'd think that 5:30 is no big deal. Hah!

I have a busy day ahead of me so best get moving and get my shower in before DH jumps in and steals all of the hot water... Happy Friday everyone!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all....well i tried this am to get up and exercise. Set the alarm...got out of bed, but when i went to the bathroom to pee...and i nearly fell asleep on the toliet....i guess that means i was still tired LOL. I think yesterday wiped me out...so i went back to bed for another 1hr. Oh well i tried. talk to you guys later.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

congrats joan on getting up early to exercise...don't you feel great after!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:27 AM   #5  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Good Mornin' RR & All!

RR-you are totally right about the levels not being right w/generics. At least, that is what my dr. told me when I just started synthroid 2 months ago. He said that (and I don't totally understand this) the dosage in the generics might say .05mcg, but be a hair under or over-so he dosed it as DAW to make sure I get actual synthroid. Thanks for your energy this morning-I needed it.

Karen K-I hope you get to feeling better!!! I think I can kind of relate though I've really only had symptoms really bad for the past year and a half. But again, I wish you the best of luck with the meds!!!

GG-YEEHAW! You made it!!!! Are you the only doc today too? Well, if so....I'll keep my fingers crossed that there will be NO 200 pound pigs!

Lauren-Count down to the weekend is on!!! Have fun!!!

Michelle-You still out there? How are things with you?

All-I go for my first blood draw (can't remember if I already said this earlier in the week) since starting synthroid. Nothing has changed except that I'm sleeping very soundly when I do go to bed. I used to wake up like 6 times a night to go to the bathroom. The downside is the weight isn't budging, I'm still exhausted all the time and can't function (literally, I start shutting down mentally and physically) past about 6:30 pm. I'm also still having the ole' freezing cold body, nasty dry hair, irritability issues.... I do, however, think my TSH will be about 7.9 ish (down from 9.3) this time. He's also doing some test for anemia and something else I guess, to rule out more conditions.

I HATE getting blood drawn all.....I get myself all worked up and have panic attacks. Any suggestions on how to get more adjusted? I mean, I have to do this now for the rest of my life...... Amazing how a girl w/three tattoos can be terrified of getting blood drawn!

Oh well. Man do I blather on and on and on and on or what?!!! Happy Happy Happy Friday, Happy Happy Happy Friday, Happy Happy Happy Friday, 2U, 2U, 2U- OLE'! Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:05 AM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning!! YAWN...it's cold and dark and snowy here today. These are the mornings that I wish I liked coffee. oh well, I've got my water bottle beside me. Oh, I had NO soda yesterday!! Yay!!

Hmmm, I think I got the generic thyroid, something with an L. I guess I will find out in three months if it is working. How do they get awaywith not putting the right dosage in the pills? That's pretty creepy.

RR: break thru irritation? lol. I'm sure MIL was responsible for that.

Joan: Go girl!! You are awesome for getting up and exercising. I think it should be illegal to have to get up at any time starting with a 5 followed by AM!

GG: Good luck today. Is it your last day being the only doctor?

Melinda: I don't know if I've had any symptoms!! I just went for a general physical to get in with a new practice. He tested the thyroid as part of the exam. Wanna get over you fear of needles? Have a baby!! One needle is nothing to me now! I even watched the lady stick me the other day without flinching.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

So I woke up to almost an inch of snow and it's still coming down. We have a "winter storm warning" in effect until 8 tomorrow AM! Might have to cancel the hotel for tonight.

Melinda, I love your energy! OK, you can sit through getting tattoos, but can't stand getting blood drawn?! I hate needles period, so I'm a big baby when it comes to them...it's amazing that I have pierced ears!

GG, hope you get a little extra sleep! Speaking of boarders, I remember one Memorial Day weekend, we had a full house of boarders...including 3 Black Lab puppies!! They were each around 6 months old, give or take. Thank God i didn't have to be there to take care of them, but can you imagine what it was like to have those 3 wild airheads in addition to a bunch of others?! It always amazed me how crazy they were!

Joan, Good for you getting up and exercising!!

RR, Thanks for the kick and the whack, I need it, eats have been really bad this week! BTW, The doc put Peter on Methelyn 2.5 mg. once a day to start. Had to order it because none of the pharmacies I called had it in stock. Finally got someplace that will have it in on Saturday afternoon, so we'll start it Sunday. The only problem is that when DH called to see if they had it, the girl thought he said 5 mg., so she ordered, anticipating that we'd be in later after the cutoff time to order it. Now she has to get in touch with he Dr. today to see if it's going to be OK to cut them in half. If not, then we'll have to wait until next weekend to start it, because someone will have to order the correct dosage, and they can only order narcotics once a week apparently.

Kerri, hey, we're here to support each other, doesn't matter what it's about!

Flitter, I can just see my DS (4 y/o) doing that...in fact, I probably have seen him do that! I'm guessing he crashed and burned eventually?!

Tawna, I don't know how you do it, working in that cold!! What do you do?

Karen, Hope the thyroid meds kick in and work great for you! Did the new neighbors finally confirm, or are you still winging it? Hey, I got Pull-Up coupons in the mail yesterday and I see they have overnight ones now...maybe they would help keep Alex dry?

Where's our resident Rooster, hmm...hopefully too busy walking on his new treadmill to come post!!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:23 AM   #8  
LBH

Quote:
Wanna get over you fear of needles? Have a baby!! One needle is nothing to me now! I even watched the lady stick me the other day without flinching.
Oh Karen, that is soo not true!! BTDT twice and I'm still terrified! You're just nuts!
Old 03-16-2007, 12:20 PM   #9  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

HALF WAY THROUGH THE DAY BABY! Yeeehaw!

Joan: How did it go this morning with the realtor? Did you like any of the houses? How exciting!

Lauren: NOOOOO...you can't cancel the hotel! We didn't get but a dusting of snow and though it's colder than...ok, not colder than where Tawna works..... anyway, I doubt that you will get a lot of snow to warrant that warning!!! Get to doin' what you're gonna do...... I'll let you guard the details! And as for the energy..... I'm fakin' it...but glad it's working! I was also wondering where Rooster was...and hey, where's Lisa been today?

Karen: I'm with you on the dosage concerns...I mean, ya wonder if these companies can find themselves in a world of trouble with saying there's a certain amount of medication in there when there really [I]might not[I]be! As to giving birth, I gotta hand it to ya (and all other moms), I would simply freak out and not be able to do it. You're definitely a better woman than I and I'm not gonn deny it! Especially because you nixed the pop yesterday! I did not. BUT, I have bottled water today. Of course, it is sitting her unopened....

Ok all, I think I'm outtie for the day, so have a mahvelous weekend! Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all, I tried to get on the computer earlier, but Dad kicked me off (it's his). That is one of the bad things about not having my own place. On the plus side I don't pay as much rent!!

I was also helping one of my former professors clean his office. The college is having a visit from the team that gives out accredidations ~ and the dean said he had to clean it up. This is how I got my great idea to start my own job. But I will be taking it slow I think.

mj, we had a dusting of snow yesterday and at 6:30pm tonight it started to kinda flurry, in Toledo. I am not afraid of needles, tattoos on the other hand ~ I don't think so!

Molly, where ya been girl? Are you just lurking? How is that pulled muscle?

Lauren, just think if you go to the hotel room, you will have the EF__ point to burn off. (I forget the actual letters ~ you get my drift don't you?) Okay I think you must get my point.

GG, I was when I read you fell asleep on the toilet. I've done that a few times. I know for me, I'm good one day and that it wears me out for the next. Hang in there, maybe you could exersize every other to start and then build up to every day.

Joan, Yes how did it go with the house hunting? We want the details girl.

Lisa

Last edited by lppennington; 03-16-2007 at 07:21 PM.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:53 PM   #11  
LBH

Lisa....FEEP!! Yeah, here I am, almost 8pm and DH is upstairs in bed watching TV, me and the boys are down here watching Thomas. Oh well, we're thinking of waiting a month or so. By then it should be consistantly warmer and maybe we can do an overnight down the shore, maybe at a hotel on the ocean or something.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:05 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Oh I knew it was something like that. I am sorry that it didn't work out for tonight, but maybe you will have a better time next month.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:44 PM   #13  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hey Lisa! I'm here. Pulled muscle is better. I was able to walk fine the next day. Hey, we should go to lunch some time! If you want to let me know. That would be soo cool!

Karen, having kids is not a way to get over fear of needles. I've had 3 kids and still can't look when I get stuck. I do however want a tatoo when I get to my goal weight!

Gotta go! I have to get rid of this migraine so I can party tomorrow!!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi girls!

Hmmmm... you've got me wondering if maybe I don't have a thyroid problem... My skin is horrible these days! I have more break outs now in my thirties than I did in my teens. I've been taking an antibiotic for months now and it helps a little. Not as much as I'd like though. I'm seeing a new dermatologist in April and am anxious to see what she has to say. Plus, I have to go to the bathroom *constantly!* A really good night is when I go six hours w/o getting up to use the bathroom. Suggestions???

GG ~ just reading your posts makes me tired! You are one busy lady. Bet your days fly by.

Melinda ~ hang in there girlie. Three tattoos?! Now that sounds painful! I'm such a weenie about needles. However, I have to agree with Karen. I'm not as big of a weenie as I used to be. They tried to get a line in me when I was in the hospital with my first child and my veins kept rolling. Several tries, and three nurses later... I was ready to stick the damn thing in myself. I was *so* ready for the epidural by that time.

Hi Lisa! I'm laughing as your faces crack me up. Especially love the smoking one after the little devil faces ~ hahahahaha.

Michelle where have you been? Is this the weekend that she is giving her daughter a baby shower?

Fannie?

Flitter?

Hi Molly! Happy St. Pat's! With a name like Molly you need to enjoy this holiday:-). Drink some green beer for me.

Lauren ~ Oh man, I was hoping that you'd be up to your chin right now in that fancy tub! Bummer. Do take the time time to get away. DH surprised me last October by taking away for a night. I had no idea where we were going and he took me to New Harmony, IN. It was one of the sweetest things that he's ever done for me. Seems like it's hard to fit in time together these days with the ages of our kids.

My realtor took me to 8 or 9 homes this morning. Can't remember! They all pretty much looked the same after a while.... Only one of the bunch stands out in my head as it had an awesome kitchen. Tons of cabinets, Viking stove, stainless steel appliances. Mainly I was just trying to look at the neighborhoods and there were two different areas that I really did like. We ended up rejecting the offer from a buyer as they kept wanting us to drop our price by $5,000. Our price is a really good one and it's too early for us to even consider dropping. We might think differently in a month or six weeks from now though....

Well, girls, so much for my hauling myself out of bed at 5:30 this morning as inner consisted of lasagna, bread and wine. Second helpings of everything.

Hope that everyone has a good weekend. Happy St. Pat's!!!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:28 AM   #15  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

YES im still alive trust me im fighting with a broken rib not being able to exercise it sucks im still dieting sort of jess is huge now but i'll fill you guys in tomarrow on all the details have a good night
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote