Old 10-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #1  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Default Whole pumpkins

Back with another pumpkin question.

I have some smallish size pumpkins (not the minis) that I want to bake. I need to know how to bake one. The only seasonings I have available are salt and pepper, hehe . Any tips are appreciated

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Easiest thing to make would be pumpkin puree, http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...pumpkin-puree/ this is the site I used when I needed to look it up myself last week.
If you have a bigger pumpkin than she is using, you can just quarter it. If you don't want to bake the pumpkin, cut it into chunks and cook it on the stove like you would boil potatoes, then let it cool and skin it. If you don't have a hand mixer you can mix it by hand, it just won't be as smooth, still works wonderfully though.
Happy Cooking!

Once you mix it up, if you're planning on eating it the way it is, I would say do it by hand, and just add some salt and pepper to taste.

Last edited by CanadianCutie; 10-30-2009 at 08:36 PM. Reason: forgot to add about seasoning
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I slice mine in half, clean the insides, place cut side down on a greased cookie sheet, and bake at 350 degrees until the cut side is browned and the pumpkin is tender. Then I let it cool, peel (the skin comes away easily once roasted), and mash. I usually combine mine with chicken broth, a splash of milk, and seasonings to make pumpkin soup.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Thanks so much ya'll
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

The lazy man's way might work. I cook butternut squash in the microwave. Jut poke a few holes in it and cook about 10 minutes until the whole thing is soft. It seems like this could work just as well for a pumpkin.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote