General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Greenwood, In jobs

Anyone in the Greenwood/Franklin area know of any companies hiring? My company is quite possibly shutting its doors in 2 weeks. There will likely be no severance package in it, so I need to get a new job as quickly as possible. I know there are some south side Indy chickadees here, so if anyone has heard about any job openings, I'd appreciate any input!

I've been a debt collector (don't hate me!) for all of my working life. I've never looked for another job, and really have no idea where to start.

Mods: If this is in any way inappropriate, I apologize in advance that you had to use your delete button on me!
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Prayers you find future employment BACILLI!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I'm not sure where Greenwood is but have you tried Monster or Dice? or other online sites for job hunting?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #4  

I've never heard about Dice, I'll check it out. I spent last night on Monster, CareerBuilder, and Headhunter. I just found out about this yesterday, so I'm just starting the search. How I found out about my current job was actually on another forum, my company now doesn't advertise jobs - you have to hear about them from someone else, so I thought I'd add that potential in to my current job search too.

Thanks, EZ!
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

My company advertises some of its jobs on Monster and Dice but if you know of a particular company in your area, you might also want to hit up their website. I know our company lists every job available to outsiders on their external website (we have internal only jobs as well).

Are there any government agencies in your area? You might also want to put your resume on USAjobs if you would accept a government job.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote