Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 09:00 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Tuesday Nov. 26th - 2 days to Turkey Day =)

Starting thread, will post more later.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:29 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

hi girls,
i've been far too busy at work so haven't posted in ages - many apologies!! i'll try to catch up with what's been going on, i feel very out of the loop! and i missed you lot.
i've got to get on with stuff but i'll try to post again later, and if not i promise to post properly tomorrow.
hope you're all doing great.
kirsty
Old 11-26-2002, 09:35 AM   #3  

Hi girls,

I weighed for the first time in a month, and have properly changed my sig....sad....but I must face reality. I didn't do that great yesterday, but today is a new day and I am going to continue to work at this every day. All of my clothes don't fit and I am back to almost my start weight. It is sad to think at year ago I was at my goal weight. I have no one to blame but myself and lots of fast food in the last year.

Anyway, I am off to get my special K and a coffee, I will be back, and much more positive......
Old 11-26-2002, 10:09 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Tonya, I'm proud of you for weighing and facing up to facts before you were all the way back up to your start weight. It takes tremendous strength to do what you're doing and keep on keepin' on day after day, and believe it or not, Ithink you are doing a wonderful job. You also had the major stress of building a house and taking care of your hubby and little ones, all while working. Since no one is perfect, I think you did as good of a job as you could of, being human and all. So you're not in as bad of shape as you think...you can get there, you already have, so the path is broken...you just need to retrace your footsteps.

Morning, Kirsty, we've missed you too! How are things going with BF and adoptive kitty? How are your new tall-steppin' boots?

Hey Lori!

Well, today is a packing day, and tomorrow we're off to south Florida to spend Thanksgiving with hubby's dad and stepmom. Should be interesting, seeing as how I'll be the only one present who cooks. I'm wonderng if they still want me to make the meal (in which case we're arriving late Wed. nite, and they haven't asked for a grocery list or anything...I don't even think they know about defrosting a turkey) or is we're just going to find a nice place to go eat. I'm thinking going out, because of MIL just losing her mom, and she may have a tough time with a traditional at-home Thanksgiving. Either way I'm happy -- one way, I get to control the fat content and calorie count, and the other, I get to relax, something I've never done on Thanksgiving. Aaron is excited...we have been showing him pictures of himself in the pool the last time we were there, and although he has no idea what's going on, we tell him he's going to Grandma and Grandpa's to swim in the pool and he gets tremendously excited. So I will be gone the next few days or so, but while I'm here, I am attempting to post a picture of Aaron on the photo thread and it's just not working...Jess, if you're out there, can you help a girlfriend out again? See you chicas later!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:13 AM   #5  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Have a wonderful, and safe traveling, Thanksgiving Jayne!

I'll post more later everyone! I'm late (as usual) to work ...
Old 11-26-2002, 11:15 AM   #6  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls,

I thought I was going to have a great OP day yesterday but we ended up going out to supper & I know I ate over my points. I'm not strong enough to behave with restaurant food! Argh! I'm paying for it though. We had an appetizer & I really scalded my mouth on my first few bites. The inside of my mouth is all blistered. It hurts constantly & it is excrutiating when I put anything in my mouth so I am sure I will definitely be within my points today! I don't think I have ever burned my mouth so bad in my life. Serves me right for eating stuff I knew I didn't have enough points for.

Hi Kirsty, glad you had a chance to pop in & tell us you're alive!

Jayne, Have a great safe trip When do you come back?

Deb, How are things on the home front? How are you guys approaching Thanksgiving?

Tonya, sorry things aren't in the shape you want. You did it once though so you can do it again

LoriD, How was your trip? Are you all tanned now?

Lori (MK) see you when you post back later

As for yesterday's topics....
-I am crafting for Christmas. I have gotten lots of cross-stitch things done & more on the go. I think after Christmas I'm doing a big break from it though cuz that's all I do right now.
-I used to be hooked on DC but stopped watching it the past few years. DH loves Simpsons & I'll watch it but the only time I'll watch it on my own is if I can't find anything else to watch. DH has however gotten me addicted to Antiques Roadshow. I don't know why we feel so compelled to watch it but we're addicted. On the other hand I've gotten him hooked on Trading Spaces & the new series on TLC While You Were Out. Of course he would never admit to his friends that he like these shows so much that I have to tape them when he's not home!
-As for the Pill I'm on Marvelon. I used to be on Triphasil but my PMS was really bad so my doc thought I should change to a one phase pill but it really hasn't made a difference PMS wise

Anyway BBL
Old 11-26-2002, 11:27 AM   #7  
Running Babe

Default :) :)

Hey all,

Wow, things are always weird in my life. Anyhoo, one guy I was dating pretty much dumped me without telling me so I was kind of ticked.. Anyhoo, since i had been seeing him a lot I kind of wasn't talking to Grad School boy that often and guess what? Grad School boy noticed. So anyway, he started paying attention to me again and what not... ah absence does make the heart grow fonder. So anyway, since neither of us were doing anything on Saturday night he asked me to come and visit him, so I did.... and let's just say he's definitely interested in me and overcame all his shyness he was showing to me (although I could tell he was a bit nervous)... Actually he just thought that I was uninterested in him beyond friends (two people who're shy to make the first move isn't the best combination hehehe). So Strange things can happen. Are we a couple, no, but he's definitely interested in me and wants to see where this goes (or maybe not, who knows, I have grown cynical of men)... I guess in this whole thing I am being the hesitant one now saying stuff like "if this doesn't work out can we still be friends".... and stuff like "what if we meet other people".... Maybe I am being naive (which I often am, it gets me into trouble sometimes), but he really thinks of me very highly... He even made sure that I was okay about everything the next day... no other guy has done that before. So ladies... if a man isn't showing much interest, cool off, if he wants you, he'll try and come back to you... okay maybe in his case... will we ever be able to figure out men

Jayne: Florida? Wow, I am jealous of ya!! It's so cold right now here... colder than usual too.

Tonya: {hugs} we've all been there... I was at about 157 during part of the summer, last November I was at 140 (though that was too low, but I was size 4.... I doubt I'll ever be that small again)... Basically, maintance is hard (don't I know it, I still have the occasional bouts of compulsive binge eating), but hey you've done it once, you can do it again (that's my anchor!)! The fact is, you know where you are and you want to do something about it and that's good! Treat each time as a learning experience, that's what I do.

Hmmm I think I should do a holiday strategies thread!!!!

Lori: Hey!!!

Kirsty: Heya sweetie!!! I am still hoping to get over to the UK at some point... Hope all is well with you! Oh my brother loves Graham Norton.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 11-26-2002, 11:55 AM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all. Nothing new to post on my part. November and December are very stressful at my job and makes my tummy ache so bad. No huge plans for Thanksgiving either. Going to my parents, then taking the rest of the weekend off. Hubby will work a little on Friday.

Hey Kirsty, where have you been!!!

Tonya, you know how to get back on track, now you just need to get your mind focused on it. Take baby steps and eventually you will be back into it!!

Jayne, I would love to hitch a ride with you to FL. We are planning our vacation for next year, and it looks like it will be Oct/Nov to FL. We had to put it off because of the new baby on the way!

OK, I better get to work, or off to lunch.... Hmmmmm!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 12:49 PM   #9  

Hey all-I am here-day #2 of recommitting, although I didn't go to the gym yesterday-I was just too tired. I ate ok though...
Yes, I am all tanned the relaxation I achieved on the vacation is all gone though...

I have a short day today at work-the afternoon plans are :
1) get an allergy shot
2) Get food for thanksgiving
3) Go to the library
4) Go running
5) rake?(yeah right)
6) hang curtains(have been trying to do this for three months!

Oh, and hello the the other Lori! Nice to meet you!
Lori D
Old 11-26-2002, 01:09 PM   #10  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi ...I just discovered the BEST 5 point lunch,and I really wanted to share it with you guys...

I took: 1/2 can ff refried beans (1 pt)
1 1/2 T shredded lowfat cheddar (1 pt)
1/4 onion, chopped finely
3 Manny's FF tortillas
Taco Bell Hot Sauce, to taste

Smear the beans on the tortillas. Sprinkle cheese on top (a little goes a long way for me). Nuke in micro for 1-2 minutes, until tortilla is soft and cheese is melty. Sprinkle onions over the top, slosh some hot sauce on, roll 'em up, and voila...3 bean burritos for only 5 points. It's VERY filling, too..I have a feeling this will stay me through the afternoon. I am trying to bank as many points as possible, so this is a good thing! I only have 8 for the day so far, and dinner is a crock pot chicken and stuffing bake that will cost me 7, so even with a 2 point snack somewhere along the line and veggies with dinner, I should be able to stick 10 points in da bank today and have it for Thanksgiving. Yeah!!!

Welcome back, Dr. Lori (not sure how else to differentiate between the two of you ) I'm glad you had a good trip. As for the relaxation being gone, are you still looking for a possible new job? Update me on that...

JenL, I'll leave enough room in one of my suitcases to tuck a somewhat pregnant lady. I'm sorry you had to delay your vacation, but that is just the best possible reason to delay!
Ali, Wooo-hooo on your "somethin' somethin" " with the boy you liked! Do you two have further plans at this point? You are such a hero to me in this whole weight loss game...I look to you when I start thinking that it can't be done.. You are my goal goddess!

Rina, your mouth sounds so painful! Have you done some rinsing with salty water? That can speed up healing somewhat. I am a veteran of mouth sores. Half my tongue is numb after a botched wisdom-teeth removal, so I am forever biting and burning that side of it. I'm supposed to do a lot of salty-water swishing to keep infection away. Maybe that will help it feel better for you, too. I admire your craftiness. I am also a big proponent of homemade gifts, and I usually make some kind of Christmas craft for everyone. This year, however, I am making some Mocha Latte mix and homemade biscotti and giving that out instead.

How are things on the homefront/Jeremy-front, Deb? I'm thinking about you...Hope you got to work at a reasonable time.

See you all later!
Old 11-26-2002, 02:30 PM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Howdy girls! I am still sickly today, but not as bad. I can feel that my nose is a little clearer. I was going to workout today but its too soon I think. I better lay low and take care of myself....

I just had a low cal TV dinner. Why is it that I never feel satisfied when I eat these?? I mean, I should, they are 5 points, but I never really do?!

I am still in an oil and gas course today and won't have any time to check back or to post properly. Just thought I'd say hello and that I hope you are all well! Oh, and Tonya - good for you! I think your reasoning is right and not all is lost - you still have lost a significant amount. You go girl!!

Well, off I go to get some work done before the course resumes....

Have an OP day!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 04:31 PM   #12  

Well, I decided to take tomorrow off since we get Thurs and Fri off as holidays, so I don't have to be back to work until Monday, I am excited!

So, I am wrapping some things up here, and heading out for a mini vacation. Not much going on with our family. Working at the house the rest of week/weekend and heading to DH's aunts house for Thanksgiving.

I bought the new Ice Age movie today for my kids, so tonight is popcorn and movie night.

Thank you all for the positive feedback on my weight loss journey. I have been good today, special K for breakfast and a ceasar salad for lunch. I am having some soup for dinner.

I know I can do this, and so can all of you. Really think before deciding on all of the wonderful T-day foods. You will feel better about yourself on Friday!!

Talk to you all next week!
Old 11-26-2002, 05:23 PM   #13  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Im sure most of everyone is gone for the day but I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Take a moment to sit back and really think of 5 things (or more) that you are truly thankful for.

1) My parents
2) My son
3) I am able to work and have a job
4) My health (is good overall)
5) My friends

So, yesterday I blew my no eating dinner strategy. We went food shopping for the holiday (all 3 of us - yippee [insert sarcasm here]) and by the time we got home it was 10 PM, and I had to find a place to put all this food! So I needed room for 1 more thing in the freezer and I took out a WW frozen pizza and decided to make it. Der. Big mistake - I ended up eating that (close to 11 pM) then some teddy grahms & skim milk and then yankee doodles (1 package). Grrr...
Tonight - do over! I'm going to go heat up my "lunch" now and that should tide me over to later.
I planned on making some pasta primavera, and if I do I'll eat a small portion and then bring the rest to work for lunch tomorrow.
Sounds like a plan to me. Plan. Plan. Plan.

Tonya - Welcome back! Have a great holiday w/ the family! And enjoy your mini vacation.

Belle - Get better soon! I hope you're trying to take it easy. I'm overloaded w/ school work too. Not to mention the IDEA of holidays and moving.

Jayne - Things are going. I don't think Jeffrey thinks I'm serious, but I am. Maybe he does think I am and he just doesn't care. Things between us are better - I really do think that he & I make better parents as friends than a couple.
Again, safe travels & enjoy the holiday!

LoriD - that's some list you've got! I haven't been running in ages. I'm registered to run a 5 K for 12/1. I'm really looking foward to it. Cheers to day #2 of recommittment!

Jen - don't let that stress get to you! Tune them all out. That's what I do here. Or I try to at least.

Ali - Good luck w/ college boy! Not that dating is on my list of things to do - but I think about all the guys I've "missed out" on - the whole dating aspect. Not that I'm much of a dater. I can't wait to give it a try.

Hey Rina! For Thanksgiving we are going to Jeffrey's moms as she'll be alone in NY this year. He & I get along fine - even better actually - since our "breaking up". I wonder if it will stay like this after the move? Feel better soon!

Hi Kirsty! Hi Lori #2 - nice to meet you!

Have a safe & Happy Holiday everyone! I'll be at work tomorrow - but many people I know have off so I'll check in anyway.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:27 PM   #14  
Proud Canadian

hi guys!

This is quick cause it's already afternoon and there probably aren't many people around. I'm having a bad day that started with being late because my car is in the shop, continued through getting yelled at by an obnoxious grad student who thinks I function soley to serve him and his needs (I reported him and he was told that if he continued to streat the staff in such a discourteous manner that we would provide him with no further assistance) - then on to a late and short lunch that was not satisfying and the only thing to look forward to today is my mandarin orange before taking the evil transit back to my lonely car and driving home in rush hour. Well, that was fun to get off my chest.
Now to do the work I've been putting off all day, I'll check in earlier tomorrow when I can actually respond to people.
KT
Closed Thread