Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 09:58 AM   #1  
living 1 day at a time

Wink New and sorta confused

Hi! I am new to this site and find it very fascinating. I am on a mission to lose 73 pounds. I have already lost nine, but changing my whole lifestyle and way of thinking has been very hard. My children are all overweight, so I am doing this as much for them as me. I have been much more conscious of the food I cook, buy, and serve. It is very difficult, because we all have different levels of motivation. We try to walk every evening, but with busy scheduals we usually only walk about 4 times a week. I am hoping to find support, inspiration, recipes and an outlet for some of the frustrations I sometimes feel. Well, thats all for now. Thanks for this awesome site.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:10 AM   #2  

Hello. I'm pretty new here too although I lurk more than I post! I have three children, the oldest is 7 and has gained quite a bit of weight in the last year, so I know how you feel. I don't want him to go through his childhood being overweight. I have drastically changed the way I shop but it is so hard to influence someone else's eating and activity level. At least if he over eats now it's pretzels or yogurt instead of chips and doritos! Welcome!
Old 09-30-2002, 11:18 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

I would like to invite you both to join the October Featherweight club. It is a small group of gals who support each other through life's journeys in general, not just weight loss. The name Featherweights is NOT because we have just a small amount to lose, but because Chickenlady started the thread eons ago.

Hope to see you there!!
Jana
PS - Morningglory - I notice you are from Indiana too!!
Old 10-01-2002, 08:22 PM   #4  

Talking I'm a Newbie Too!

My sister told me about this site, and I love it.

I have 85 lbs to lose, down 18 at this point. So I still have a long way to go. It is hard to keep focused on the right things to eat with a family, isn't it! Though they are supportive, they are still eating things that I don't want to eat. Plus, as you said, I really would prefer if they were all eating healthier too. I agree that maybe they'll follow my path when they see my success, and over time we will be a healthier family.

I am focusing on unprocessed foods within a modified WW point plan and doing pretty well. (It's the processed foods that my family loves so they are not ready to give it up!)

My exercising has my two girls curious but hasn't inspired them to do much more than they had been doing. I know my hubby will get in the groove but he hasn't shown any interest yet. So I keep on with my walking, step, or cycling, and figure he'll join me when he's ready. Heck I wasn't going to do anything until I was ready, I can't force him.

Anyway, hang in there. Let's share some ideas on how to be successful for ourselves as well as trying to get our families to be healthier as well.

Autumn

Be strong!
Old 10-04-2002, 07:53 AM   #5  
living 1 day at a time

Default Had a hectic week

This week has been so hectic. We have had extra orders at work, so I have been moving at top speed. My hubby's mom went in the hospital last nite for kidney stones or appendicitis( they don't know which). So I haven't walked much this week. My daughter has finally acknowledged that walking in the morning might be more logical than trying to fit it in after dinner and homework and all the little errands and distractions that happen with 3 busy children. I hope this works out, because I really like to walk. By the way, have not been doing real well with eating right. But, I have discovered that my eating bad is not nearly as bad as it used to be. I am very aware of what, and how much I put in my mouth. This sure is difficult.
Morningglory
Old 10-05-2002, 05:58 AM   #6  
Progress..not perfection

This is a wonderful site guys and so glad to have had you join. Probably the best thing for you to do is look at all the different topics and find one that you think suits you best and just hop in!! I myself, post on 300+ and ready to try again. Feel free to come and join us or any of the other threads that interest you. We are all family here no matter what thread you post to. We are all on this journey together.
Closed Thread