Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #1  

Default Sudden breast growth??

My weight has been going up despite eating fairly normally due to not being able to find enough time to exercise enough.. if i get in 4X a week, i can feel some changes but then, a bit less the next week and i feel the flab creeping back in.. but now i have resolved to change all that! But anyway, alarmingly in just the last few days.. my top seems to have gained an extra cup! I'm not kidding and as it is I am trying to lose weight right there. It's very uncomfortable, my bra is tight and the change is very noticable... it's just embarassing. is it just weight gain or might it be something else? I'm definitely not preggers, they don't hurt so i dont think it's menstrual cycle related... I don't know!!
has this happened to anyone before? in your experience if you gain weight in around a certain body part can weight probably be lost quickly as well?
qwertyuiop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Is it definitely on BOTH sides? If so, I wouldn't worry about it--it could be weight gain or water retention. I have just the opposite problem though.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #3  
Workin' It

I have the opposite problem too, mine went away to pretty much nothing. Though I will say this, when I gained weight I moved up to a D (Victoria's Secret D, which seems a little small, but D nonetheless). Maybe water or TOM fluctuation?

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 11-10-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #4  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

my boobs started getting (alarmingly) bigger from one week to the next, along with a sudden weight gain, and it was cycle-related. as in a 9-mth lack of a cycle. any chance you're pregnant?
kuhljeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Are you doing heavy weight lifting on your chest muscles? They might swell up if you worked them particularly hard, resulting in this sort of problem. You also might just be experiencing some particularly severe hormonal water retention.

Give it a few days. It definitely isn't typical but probably isn't dangerous either.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

My breasts ALSO went up a cup size almost immediately upon becoming pregnant-as in, before a test would register positive, even. I would keep that in mind...it seemed to happen overnight, before my TOM was even late.

A friend of mine went up about a cup size or so when she started taking birth control. Have you recently switched birth control, started birth control, or started any sort of a medication that would have hormones in it?

That could be another possibility...
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #7  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

I wish I had your problem-mine lost nearly 2 cup sizes when I lost weight
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Are you doing heavy weight lifting on your chest muscles? They might swell up if you worked them particularly hard, resulting in this sort of problem. You also might just be experiencing some particularly severe hormonal water retention.

Give it a few days. It definitely isn't typical but probably isn't dangerous either.
I have noticed this myself lately! Could be the problem!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #9  

If you just started on birth control it could be that.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #10  

Thanks everyone! no chance i'm pregnant. not on birth control either. i am having my period though, although this has never happened before..
if it's water retention, would one's top feel swollen and painful? Cos mine doesn't they feel normal... just bigger. ... how do you tell if its water retention? Because my weight does often seem to fluctuate quite a bit from week to week.. or less.. one week my clothes will feel tight, the other somewhat looser..
thanks again...
qwertyuiop is offline   Reply With Quote