Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-23-2008, 10:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default How about the new "sammies" at Quiznos?

I've fallen in love with the new Basalmic Chicken sammie at quiznos. Has anyone else tried this line? They're little mini's so you really need 2 to satisfy you as a regular sandwhich, but even so, the cals don't kill you. What do you guys think about this nutrition label? For a s'wich on the go, I thought it was a pretty good choice, but I'm not the best at reading labels. What do you guys think?

http://www.quiznos.com/menu/sammies.aspx
(just need to click on nutritional information choice, and then open it for the basalmic)
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:38 PM   #2  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

I'm sure I would enjoy them...the only thing is that they have more sodium per sandwich than I am generally allowing myself to have...it's not as bad as some...but they just aren't me...I love quiznos, but avoid it solely based on sodium.
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:11 PM   #3  

They're good, less cals than the other subs - they aren't low in fat if you get the ranch dressing - went there for lunch and they were sold out of the steak ones. So compared to Jimmy Johns and some subs at Subway they are a better choice.

Last edited by MissGiggles; 01-23-2008 at 11:14 PM.
MissGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:12 PM   #4  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Nice. I'm glad you had the courage to try one, I've been too afraid of getting my heart broken. I love their other stuff so much but it's so awful for you! I just couldn't go through that again. I was worried these would be more of the same, but only 300ish calories, that I can do.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

THey were soo soo good & the basalmic (my fav) is only 190 cals! THe ranch one was good too. My dh picked up my std turkey/motz hoagie just in case I didn't like the new stuff, but I did! To take a bite of the old hoagie afterward (bc I was still hungry!) was quite a disappointment! I hope they don't discontinue the line anytime soon!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote