Old 12-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #1  

Default New here, and desperate

Hi all!!!

I'm Sarah, I'm 25....former bean pole. I'm 5'4 and 208 currently, and I'm SICK of it. I'm a chronic starter/stopper of diets/exercise programs.

Anybody have any words of wisdom?

Thanks!
SJKduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:22 AM   #2  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Words of wisdom?

Read. Any and everything of interest on this site.
There is some really good info and smart ladies around here so....... read what they have to say.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:20 PM   #3  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

First of all Sarah, welcome to the board.. Secondly, you need to find the right way of living for you. Everyone is different. I agree with shrinkingchica, read everything of interest to you on this board. There are MANY different ways of eating/exercising.. You'll find what's right for you.

I for one, am doing calorie counting. Eating more fruits/veggies/lean meats. That's my personal preference and success after alllllllllll these years.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/186/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I agree. Read! There is so much info here.

I also do calorie counting, lots of protein and veggies. Trying to get my daily fruit in LOL. I eat six small meals per day instead of 3 big ones. Lots of water. I also only eat complex carbs, whole wheat bread and grains. I have tried every diet out there and this is the only thing that has worked for me.

What also helped was finding exercise that I enjoy. I do a lot of kickboxing and Turbokick classes. Basically I enjoy any kind of class, I like the support I get there. And I like meeting new friends to work out with.
thintowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:04 PM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Shrinkingchica - where did you get your avitar?
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote