Old 12-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/214/165

Height: 5'10

Default Getting Hungry

Does anyone else notice when they start working out, particularly at night, the next day their appetite is huge? I haven't been to the gym in a while and I went last night for about an hour. I did pretty well food wise too, staying in my calorie range. I woke up and had a protein drink (normally I have tea and that's it) and now I'm starving! What gives...
Smatini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:05 PM   #2  

I'd be starving if all I had for breakfast is a protein drink. Try some oatmeal or an egg and whole grain toast. If you normally don't eat breakfast, I highly recommend you start. Your body needs fuel and you can ruin your metabolism by not giving it enough of the right kind.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:15 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I have a protien drink every morning and it makes me hungry mintues later (they are not ment to fill you up) - but I also have tons of food with it. I am always hungry after I work out, and I agree you need more then a protein drink.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/186/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Did you eat dinner after working out last night? YOu really need to, especially some protein if you were lifting weights. It'll help repair your muscles and you'll recover faster. Also, your metabolism is a top speed after working out, so it's the best time to eat!

And you really should eat something for breakfast. I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I have egg white and milk in the morning, then some fruit a couple hours later when I get to work. You gotta get that metabolism up and running in the morning.
thintowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:18 AM   #5  
McPheever! Yey!

Height: 5'4"

I don't workout at night. But since I eat a verryyy light dinner, I'm extremely hungry everytime I wake up. I mean, I have to right away. Or I might die. lol. But after I eat breakfast, I rest and then 1 hour cardio.
killmisspiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/214/165

Height: 5'10

Thanks for the replies. I did eat a small dinner, nothing after I worked out though. I think it had to do with the exercise, cause normally the protein drink will fill me up because I put bananas in with milk and the powder. But I guess I need to have some eggs or something after my workout.
Smatini is offline   Reply With Quote