Old 12-01-2006, 06:58 AM   #16  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingchica View Post
IF you binge you WILL NOT gain everything back in ONE DAY.

FORGIVE YOURSELF and MOVE ON with your life.
This is true.

Mine is consistency over complacency.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:55 AM   #17  

You guys are awesome! Such good things to share in here.

HFCS in kidney beans??? I'll have to start reading labels of things I thought were safe!! Dear lord!!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #18  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay mine is that I must eat some kind of protein at every meal or snack. It really keeps my cravings done. Also get 25g of fiber a day.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:46 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello Ladies!

I agree with just about everything here. Something that is different for me this time is more about enlightenment than diet and exercise. I'm doing this for myself, not anyone else...no one can do this for me, no one can change this for me. If putting my social life on hold for a while to get healthy and lose weight and become accustomed to a new permanent healthy lifestyle is what I need to do than so be it. I can honestly say that I could have enjoyed my early 20s so much more if I had been more in control and every day as I try to retrain my mind and body I look forward to how much I intend on enjoying my mid-late 20s. I want to be outdoors hiking and enjoying New England. I want to be able to travel and not be worried about being uncomfortable. I want to be able to go to the beach.....during the day....in public....wearing a bathing suit (which right now I don't even own one and haven't for almost 5 years) which is such a shame, I used to love to swim.
I want to get the 'looks' from men, get over my fear of dating and become fearless, have the energy to excel and advance in my career.

This is what I think about as I go through every craving, or lazy moment and as I turn down a night of bar hopping, and it keeps me motivated as I measure and weigh and journal and blog and retrain myself to living a healthy lifestyle. This is my life, my goal, not anyone else's. Its what I want and I'm going to get it.

Anyway I just thought I'd share that. Hope everyone is having a great day!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:42 PM   #20  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

Default Scholars of Health

Wow, aren't we learning a lot!!

You've all basically covered everything I've learned. One other thing for me is I used to binge on things like leftover Halloween candy, donuts at work, Holidays, at restuarant, etc. I've tried to stop seeing meals as special occassions and celebrate my healthy decisions!

Dinner out with the girls recently:
cup of chicken noodle soup to distract me from the bread
chopped shrimp salad, held the blue cheese, low cal dressing on the side
and sparkling water instead of a glass of wine

when my girlfriend ordered dessert for the whole table I had my share. The old me would've kept going til it was gone, even after everyone else was full. Proud to say there was still yummy peanut butter cup dessert on that plate at the end of the meal!!

~jess~
JLynne126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:51 PM   #21  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

My single biggest thing is: Junk food is NOT a reward. It is a punishment!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:57 AM   #22  
Proud US Navy Wife

I thought of more.

- Going out to eat and having one meal that isn't on plan does not mean that you are going to spiral out of control, especially if you know beforehand that you are going to have a "splurge meal". (learned that one last night, haha)

- Support, support, support. Try to surround yourself with people who want you to succeed (much like the ladies here!), and who want you to do it in a healthy fashion. Try to have a few people you feel comfortable enough with so that when you get the feeling of "I dont want to do this anymore", you can contact them, and they can remind you WHY you are doing it, all the progress you've made, and how in reality you do want to do this.

Hey trns! I think you should sticky this or something... Jamie hit on a goldmine of tips! *G*
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:30 PM   #23  

Reminding myself that I didn't gain 50 pounds in a month and I am not going to lose it in one either...... Weight loss takes time and commitment....... Making short term and long term goals...... Successful weight loss is the result of millions of tiny decisions that all add up to the loss of pounds and the changing of a lifestyle.
Apolline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:36 AM   #24  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Height: 5'4

make the time for exercising, a few extra hours at the end of the day doesn't just appear out of nowhere.
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote