Old 11-19-2006, 09:42 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - 20 Nov - 26 Nov**

Good morning ladies

I trust you all had a wonderful weekend. I spent all afternoon yesterday gardening with my boyfriend and our dogs. Nice and relaxed, but boy are my hamstrings sore today!

Its a new week and a new start for me. At least I don't have to contest with Thanksgiving Day this week like some of you Should make it easier.

Hello to the newbies.

Lets get cracking! Christmas is only a month away!
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #2  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Daisy - I can't believe it's still 90 degree's here in California... It's almost December! I feel like i'm in Australia!

I've been reading a lot these days, and sometimes i feel as though it doesn't help my weighloss any. Heehehe. But since my treadmill has been set up I go on it everyday! WOOO! I can feel it in my legs, abs, and butt. I can't wait to see some results.

I'm still at the same job, but i feel like i work more and more hours every week. 50+ a week. But i like it. The only thing i dislike about it is that i have gained 15 pounds so far. Time to get back into shape!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and has a great week!
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:55 PM   #3  

Weekend was busy busy. My dad and stepmom make hard apple cider as a hobby (though they're getting a licence in order to expand it into a business), and this weekend they got their apples in from the orchard to start this year's batch of cider. So I went up to help. It was awesome. I have some really excellent pictures of more apples than I've ever seen in one place before... We had 2 TONS of apples to grind and press. 4,000 pounds. Figure about 2-3 apples per pound and we're talking around 9,000 apples, each of which had to be picked up at least three times by a human being (off the tree, out of the big crates and into little ones, then into the grinder) before becoming juice. And for the most part, it was just the three of us working, though we did get some help today. Two days later and there is nary a whole apple on the premises.... only 230 gallons of fresh apple cider, ready to be tinkered with and fermented! It was so much fun... Being outdoors all weekend was awesome! Not to mention all the physical activity (boy will I be sore tomorrow)!!

Daisy - what'd you plant? Or was this caretaking time? I love gardening! The cabbages I planted a long time ago are finally pulled together and look like real little cabbages... It makes me proud!

trns - 90 degress?? We're looking at snow tonight! Wow. I can't say I envy you the heat! And good on you for getting on that treadmill!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:11 PM   #4  

britomart - MmmMMmm. Apple cider! Wish i could have been there, sounds like a ton of work, but fun!

Oh how i miss snow!
Old 11-19-2006, 10:26 PM   #5  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Gah, busy weekend also. Christmas decoration shopping (wine and gold theme this year), niece's 10th birthday party (didn't eat a crumb of cake! go me!), lots of chores to catch up on, that sort of thing. I'm a little sad the weekend is over so soon.

New workout regiment with walking, walking, and more walking. Aiming for over 3 miles a day. All indoors. 90 degrees? Just getting snow? We've had snow since September Today was so windy, we were weaving all over the highway (driving a Lancer, so you can guess it's not too hard haha). We almost hit a coyote, but DF is apparently the best driver, and somehow managed to stop before he hit it (going 130km/hr). Love that guy! I'm trying out a new weightloss journal program, CalorieKing. Will let you guys know how it works out. I love FitDay, but I'm looking for a little more detail, and something I can back up, and be able to access without the internet. For now, I'm using both. We'll see.

Daisy - I agree! I'm glad that I'm not facing a turkey on Thursday.

trnsfrmnreplace - What've you been reading? Any recommendations? Good on with the treadmill

britomart - That must have been quite the workout, and all weekend, too!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:28 PM   #6  
here I go again...

Now I want some cider My goal is to be as good as possible for the next three days in preparation for dinner at my Grandma's house on Thursday! She is without a doubt the best noodle-maker in the world So, extra-long workouts this week. Especially since I'll be away from my gym for at least three days to travel to see the family... yikes! What are everyone else's plans for Thursday?

Daisy- I am so envious that you get to garden while I'm so cold. I have lots of houseplants, but it just isn't the same!

Trns- I'm glad you are enjoying your job... I couldn't do 50 hours a week... snaps for you!

Brito- Did you guys use a certain type of apple for the cider? I've had unspecified "red apple" hard cider and granny smith... too yummy!

Have a great week, everyone!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:05 PM   #7  

martiniforme - I am so envy of your snow! I can't wait for winter to start.. if you can call it that. At this rate it will never come. I've been reading a lot of Chuck Palahniuk books recently, but right now i'm reading "The Bell Jar" by Silvia Plath. So far so good.

ABakerchick17 - MMmm. Gramas noodles. I wish i had family here, they are all back in Europe. Holidays always make me sad to not have my extended family to laugh and enjoy the holidays with. I have no plans for Thanksgiving. I'm not american, so i don't really celebrate it.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:11 PM   #8  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Jaime- :droll: to your entire post! Be carefull though... we had a bear get into a barrel of fermenting apples and was wandering around one of the nighborhoods completely drunk before passing out at an elementary school Sounds yummy, though.

martiniforme- have fun decoration shopping! I can't wait to go next weekend.

Abaker- I'm with you. Behave for the next few days and hope for the best...

I had an awesome weekend. I think I did every activity imaginable- basketball, yoga, running, rowing... I'm so sore! But BF and I went and bought a bunch of veggies, some of which I've never even had before and I'm using the next few days (vacation days- woo!) to try out a bunch of juice recipes. I was in Whole Foods and they had these apple cider samples out. It was so good that I bought 2 bags of apples to make cider (not hard cider, though- I wish!). All the juice ahs made me a giant ball of energy so perhaps I will be able to use it for good instead of evil this week

Anyway, it should be a good week. Nice and quiet. I'm leaving dinner to a friend this year so no munching all day Thursday and NO leftovers!

Hope everyone has a good week!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

The weekend weather was rainy, cloudy, and srormy.. loved every minute of it! My weekends are as stressfree as possible and if this means staying indoors all weekend, well then so be it!
Actually I headed to downtown Portland today to a craft show and did a little bit of walking. I love Portland OR!

We did go shopping for our tukey day. the fiance is cooking all from scratch this year (im lucky to have my own personal chef in the house ) and this will be our first one in our home.. im looking foward to it! It will be quiet but thats how we like it. I am eating extra well this week and making sure i go to the gym every night so i dont feel guilty. but thanksgiving is a day where i can be forgiving and have no regrets. i have to draw the line somewhere...

Daisy: NOT FAIR! Gardening is such a weakness for me! To get in the earth and plant is something that is so comforting...

trns: reading is a great hooby... do you read whuile on your treadmill? I used to walk and read at the same time... but running was a differnt story! hehe

brit: nothing says fall more than pressing apples for cider.. and hard is even better!

martini: those colors sound beautiful! wine and gold are very rich colors to put together. Good luck on the 3 miles a day... you can do it sweetie!
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:03 AM   #10  

So i did 4 miles today... I can feel it... it is so
convenient and i don't waste time driving to the
gym and back [mine was 15 minutes away]
I'm so happy you guys!

sugarfreeprincess - Haha.. i haven't tried it yet. I do have these little latches on my treadmill for magazines though! I have yet to try that too. Hmmm.. i would think it would be difficult to read small print, i would probably trip and fall. hahaha. Maybe if it was a stationary bike. haha.

I would be on for hours if i could walk and read at the same time!

Last edited by trnsfrmnreplace; 11-20-2006 at 01:08 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:35 AM   #11  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

ABakerchick17 - Is there a gym where your family is? I know my gym will hand out travel passes. Also, sometimes it's worth it to pay for single visits

trnsfrmnreplace - Thanks! I'm always looking for something new to read. I read whatever I can get my hands on to. What else is there to do is an itty bitty town? Haha. And 4 miles? That's great! You are doing a great job. I can't wait until I get my hands on a treadmill. I checked out the treadmill you suggested, and it was only in US Wal-Marts So I started hunting on EBay!

sugarfreeprincess - Thanks! I want to just have a really warm feeling in the home. Since we've moved, we don't have a fireplace anymore, so I've got to compensate! Besides, when I lose another 10lbs for xmas, I want to wear this big wine coloured cashmere sweater with black dress pants. I am just OBSESSED! Hahaha. And you have a great philosophy on eating and guilt. You are right! Do not be guilty. Enjoy, indulge a little, draw the line, no regrets! It's almost like a motto for life!

--
Gah, having had no sleep last night, I come to 3FC. Our new cat is not sitting well with our youngest cat. She keeps doing these cat screams whenever she sees him, as if she's saying, "OMG! CAT IN THE HOUSE! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" DF was actually trying to talk some sense in to her, like, we know the cat is here!!! LOL. But I had less sleep, and that means that I wasn't as deeply in sleep as usual.

Possibly going out of town at the end of the week to spend a week with my mom. My step dad is going in for back surgery on Wednesday, and when doing his pre-op, they found out he had a massive heart attack between 2003-2006. He remembers this as well. He went to the hospital last year, and they told him it was heartburn. JERKS! What is becoming of our medical profession? Are they all imbeciles? How long before people have to start doing surgeries by themselves at home?

Today is a big day, got up on time, gonna go hop in the shower, and then head out to the gym.

~Mande
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:48 AM   #12  
Proud US Navy Wife

Whee! Well, this week proves to be quite interesting. Yay for thanksgiving week in retail... I have overtime! (2 days of 9 hour shifts, and I have to be at work on Black Friday at 5:30 am.. just to give you an idea). Good thing though, because I really need the money.. I decided I wanted to get my mother and sister a digital camera and a little camera printer for christmas. But ooo boy busy busy! =/

Working out is going to be tough this week, because of work... Lucliky, boyfriend is leaving to go to PA early on Thanksgiving morning and wont be comming back till Sunday, giving me time to do all those fun things I need to do, which he distracts me (working out, working on my horribly behind NaNo, etc, etc..) although it sucks I wont be with my family.. I was however invited to have dinner with a girl I work with. I'll have to find out the details today.

Whee!

Daisy - Hush about not dealing with Thanksgiving. =P

trns - haha! I'm glad you're injoying the treadmill. Yay!

Jamie - hehe. Hooray for homemade alcohol! Seriously it sounds yummy... not to mention a good workout!

martini - I didnt even realize that CalorieKing does weightloss journals. Hmm. I also have some issues with FitDay, but I guess it works alright. Let us know if CK is any better! And Im sorry to hear about your stepdad... it makes me angry when doctors are dumb like that. *hugs*

ABaker - mmmm. Noodles.

*giggles* mmm making juices! Yay! Hehe and good work with all the activity this week.

Sugar - I love rainy weather. People think Im odd because I actually enjoy taking walks in the rain. Thunderstorms make me a very happy lady.
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:03 AM   #13  

.....::::::::.... Oh boy! I could barely walk this morning when i stepped out of bed! hahaha. I was suppose to go into work early but i just couldn't get up, I'm so sore. It feel good! It's been 6 months since i've had this feeling. .....::::::::....

martiniforme - Chucks book are a little over the edge, some people dislike them because they tend to get very descriptive about subjects that are a bit on the uncomfortable side. But if you don't mind that he is a great author. Hmmm... the treadmill shouldn't be sold in wallmarts. that is odd. I will PM you the name of it again.
"OMG! CAT IN THE HOUSE! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" - Hahahaha! That also made me spit out my tea!
I'm sorry about your father, i hope he gets better. I don't trust doctors either, i had some bad experiences for 2+ years with them.

FaeReverie - Haha. I'm a bit hating it right now.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #14  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Weee, you girls are really hopping already!

Happy Monday EVERYONE!

trnsfrmr: I'm jealous jealous of your home treadmill-that is so awesome! I'm glad you are putting it to use.

sugarfree: nice job in choosing your fiance...one that cooks! Lucky Gal!

britomart: YUMMY apple cider! Can we get a 3fatchick discount? LOL
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:45 PM   #15  

I really don't plan on doing much damage over Thanksgiving. My dad's going west to visit family, so it will just be me, my sister + her daughter and husband, and my stepmother. We're having a pretty normal-sized meal, nothing extravagant. And the dessert I'm making to bring is, as far as T-day desserts go, relatively healthy -- it's something my aunt made on Thanksgiving before and I got the recipe. It's kind of a pastry roll thing with walnuts, cranberries, and raisins and lots of cinnamon. Very fall-y. Yummy, too!

mande - I've been living in Ontario for the past 8 years (Ottawa and London), so I'm really enjoying the fact that there's no snow here yet. Although I know southern Ontario is hardly anything like northern Alberta!! Yikes! I'm going up to London/Toronto/Ottawa at Christmastime and am actually kinda excited to see massive amounts of snow again... as long as it's temporary and jeez, heartburn?? Especially nowadays when heart problems seem to be one of the most critical (and unfortunately popular) maladies around... :/ I hope all goes well.

ABaker - We had four different kinds of apples go in. They (the unidentified cider experts, I guess) say that you're supposed to have a 1/3:1/3:1/3 ratio of sweet:tart:--something I forget apples in order to get good cider on the other end... Something about levels of tannins and the resulting dryness and sugar and alcohol content later on. It's complicated But we had two red varieties and two yellow varieties... that's all i know!

june - that is too funny! a bear getting drunk... Well, the bear would have quite a time getting into the cider here, as it's in a giant 400 gallon steel tank in a building. Unless he figured out how to open the tasting tap and just stood under it with his mouth open

sfprincess - oooh, personal chef! that's awesome. my fiance is definitely not the cooking type. When I met him he was using peanut butter as pasta sauce! Sounds like you have it made though!

trns - where are you from originally? I can't place your name, but then again I suck at pretty much anything geographic/world knowledge/language-y. I'd invite you over for T-day but coming a couple thousand miles this way for a day would be kinda silly!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote