Old 11-20-2006, 12:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

Default Work out times??

I've always been one to work out at night, but lately this hasnt been working so well for me. I get off work usually before 6:10, get home around 6:30, relax for a bit, do some chores, talk to the fiance, eat something small and light and then usually head to the gym around 8-8:30 and get home around 10. And I am usually not in bed until 11:30 or so and do the same routine the next day. But by Thursday I am completely exhausted and have no energy so I wont go and I put it off.
I'm more of a morning person than I ever have been and have been contiplating on going before work than after.

When do you go and what seems to work for you? I guess I just hate being rushed in the morning and I know that I have all the time after work rather than before. And the reason I work out so late is because the gym isnt crowded then and I have free range to all of the machines.

So it's either get my butt our of bed and be there when the doors open, fight the crowds and head right after work or try to stick to my original routine.

What about splitting it up? Like weights in the morn and cardio at night or vica-versa?
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:52 AM   #2  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

My schedule:
6am - Wake up, eat breakfast, get in a quick shower
7am - Do my own thing, rock out, watch some TV
8am - Walk to the gym (on M/W/F), work out for 30 minutes (Curves)
9am - Walk to work
3pm - Walk home
5pm - Start making dinner
8pm - Workout (Walk On To Weight Loss)
10pm-12pm - Go to bed

In a perfect world, hahaha.
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:00 AM   #3  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

I used to go to the gym at night, for the same reason [less people] but i went in the morning a few times and there wasn't many people then either, a little more, but i didn't have to wait for machines. If you are an early bird, why don't you get up REALLY early and go. Do you have a 24-hr. fitness anywhere? What gym do you belong? Is there a community gym in your neighborhood that you can use in the mornings?
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

martin : it would be soooo much easirer if i did have a perfect schedule! haha

trns: the gym i belong to opens at 5:30 so i was thinking about heading there first thing spending an hour doing some hard-pushing cardio and then go later that night for 30min or so just doing some weights on machines and maybe a tad more cardio if i felt like it. knowing the hardest part was done with i could maybe manage doing more without feeling like im pushing it aside.
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I get up at 6:30 and have a quick bite to eat and then head out for a run usually around 6:50am. That usually takes between 40 - 60 mins depending on how I am feeling :P

In the evenings I get home from work about 6pm, have an early dinner and then go for a long walk to settle it down.

Liv
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:31 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I get up at 4am and workout at home (I hate gyms with a burning passion ). I do workout DVDs so I know exactly how long my workout is, and I don't need any big equipment. I do Walk Away the Pounds mixed with some Tae Bo, I have a big balance ball (great for crunches without straining your neck/back), and I've asked for adjustable handweights for Christmas, so no gym for me--saves me the travel time.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:58 AM   #7  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Around here there is no 24 hour culture, and everything is done later... My gym won´t open until 7:30 AM... In Brazil, I used to work out right next to the office, and somehow managed to get my butt off of bed for the 7 AM spinning class... here there are no classes in the morning, and although I have tried to go for a run, now that the cold has come I find it humanly impossible to get out of bed at 7 AM...
So I work out in the evenings, I get off work around 8 PM, and on mon, wed and fri I do spinning, tue & thu I spend 45 min jogging on the treadmill ... on weekends, I try to go rollerblading and mountain biking ...

I like working out at night, as I leave all the stress from the day on the work out...

Have you tried going to the gym straight from work ? For me it´s a lot more difficult if I stop by at home first
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:15 PM   #8  
here I go again...

I get up around 4:15 so I can be to my gym by five. I do between one and two hours, depending on the day. I've found that most days at work leave me with no energy/motivation to workout afterwards. If I already have it over with, I can go home without the guilt of not working out... and enjoy my evenings. Also, I've found that I don't make quality food on nights when I get home late after working out after work... too many mac n' cheese nights... yikes!
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:26 AM   #9  
Goodbye Fat!

I took me about a month to transistion to mornings and now I wake up ready to workout

5am alarm goes off
520am at the gym
630am back at home shower and eat breakfast
730am leave for work
5pm off of work
630pm eat dinner, house chores, walk dog, relax
10pm-12am go to bedding depending on what is going on
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote