Old 10-26-2006, 06:03 PM   #31  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Dollypie- We were just outside of Corpus on the north end of the Island (Laguna Madre, specifically). The funny thing was, I was born there and have been to that beach more times than I can count and had never experienced a red tide until then. The only serious rain was at night, but it kinda kept the sand damp. My dad lives in Houston so that's where we flew in and just drove. It was a nice drive down 59 until someone messing around (kids?) shot out our window as we were driving It was sunny and 95 by the time we got back to H-town. I miss it And I never say that about Houston!

That's funny because my BF and I were commenting on the people flying to College Station from Houston- I didn't think it was very far
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:18 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

obviouschild: That's great! All that matters is the trend is going in the right direction!

I can't believe Tday is only 5 weeks away! I guess I better get my butt in gear. the new apartment is certainly going to help though. Not only am I on the third floor but there's a gym on-site with TV's(!) on all the cardio equipment. How cool is that?

My scale is STILL packed away and it's driving my crazy. The box is actually in our friends garage and I've been waiting for hubby to bring it up along with all our dry food and extra bathroom stuff but no luck yet. I can't wait to see what it says.

I've also decided to start running. Slowly of course. I've been alternating 5 minutes walk/5 minutes run and plan on slowly building up. I'm excited!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I really had the urge to binge this evening. I got home, warmed up a big bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner then sat down to start doing homework. As I was sitting there I was craving French fries. So I checked my fit day to make sure I could fit them in without going over my calorie limit and decided as long as I baked them it should not be a problem. So I made 1 cup of fries. Then I picked up my book to do work again and started craving brownies. I started searching online to look for a sugar-free brownie recipe and decided I needed to stop because I know if I made brownies then I wouldn’t just eat one I would eat more like 1/3 of the pan today 1/3 tomorrow and 1/3 on Saturday (I know how I am). So instead I decided to take a nice hot bath, relax and if I still wanted something when I got out then I would decided to make something. Well while in the bathroom I got on the scale even though it was not my normal weigh in day and it is the end of the day (and I always weigh myself in the morning because I know we weight more in the evening). Well I was down a POUND. A whole POUND. Which is amazing to me being that it was the end of the day and my calories have been on the high side this week and we don’t even want to talk about last weekend. That is enough right there for me not to binge!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #34  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Morning ladies

Well Friday is here and I am feeling good about the week that has passed. I was a little indulgent earlier in the week but now that TOM is here it kind of explains it. Back on track now which is all that matters. If the scales this morning were anything to go by, I am in for a fantastic weigh in on Sunday

wow! so many posts. you girls have been busy.

rememberhowtosmile - what a fantastic recollection! well done for realising the trap you were setting for yourself and doing something else instead. you are right - the scale is a great reward!

stacy - 5 minutes running then walking? that is excellent. i am still on intervals of 90sec walking and 60sec jogging.

dolly - what a great idea to clean their house for them (and a great workout). i bet your friend appreciates your help.

theobviouschild - hi! that is great news on your discovery. just think about how much you will weigh this time next year!

canadianmickey - i hope you feel better. take it easy holy moly - falling down the stairs!

dreamer - i love TBL too. I really like Kym and have been a fan of hers for a while so its interesting watching her on TV. We only just had Melinda leave this week so it sounds like we are a little behind. On the plus side, our own version starts in January and it was a great success last year - looking forward to it.

junebug - great pics on your site - you look so happy and refreshed. at your bikini pics! i haven't checked out your blog in ages (naughty me) - looks like a lot to catch up on.

stephie - hey chick! hope the job is going well. I bet you can't wait to get back home to see J
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #35  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Thanks for all the nice comments, ladies!
Quote:
theobviouschild - hi! that is great news on your discovery. just think about how much you will weigh this time next year!
Now that's what I'm really excited about!!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:07 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Boo View Post
stacy - 5 minutes running then walking? that is excellent. i am still on intervals of 90sec walking and 60sec jogging.
Weeell, I use the term "run" loosely. to me that's anything more than walk! It's been averaging 4.5, touching on 5.0 sometimes. But I did do 10 minutes straight at 4.5 tonight! (5 warm up, 10 run, 2 recovery, 10 run, 3 cooldown) Yay me! Of course the jacuzzi felt veeeerry nice after that!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:38 AM   #37  
Goodbye Fat!

Well my friends house is clean I think I walked up her stairs more that twenty times. Now I just have to get mine in order before company comes tonight and stays for the weekend. I have had a great week, on plan and exercising. Although this weekend I asked my friend that was coming what she wanted to do and she said we can scrapbook, order pizza, watch movies, and bake cookies. Also she wants to make pina coladas. So let's just say that this weekend could be a struggle. I usually have one cheat meal on Saturday evening so I have that in order I will just have watch my other calories.

stacylambert: Hey 4.5 on the treadmill is running to me. I am trying to work my way up to running as well. I have been doing intervals as well and am just taking it slowly so I don't over do it. When I do have a boost of energy I do crank the treadmill up to 6.0 and see how long I can go...let's just say it is not long.

daisyboo: looks like you are in for a great weighin!

rememberhowtosmile: that is motivation to not binge. It's good that you looked at your calorie count before making those fries. Be proud of yourself for not giving in.

junebug: that is so funny, my husband is from Corpus and we go fishing at Laguna Madre everynow and then. I have only see one redtide before as well there was alot of deadfish too. When I commuted to Houston I drove, but I knew the backroads and didn't have to drive downtown so it was only about a 50 minute drive. Although when I lived in Houston and worked downtown it could take me an hour to an hour and a half to get to work or home with traffic. So I totally understand someone flying if they were commuting to downtown. By the way your bikini shot was great, I am hoping this summer to fit in one!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:45 AM   #38  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hey all!

After my wonderful fall the other day I ended up at the hospital last night. My back was so sore, that when I bent down it would pop, and a shooting pain would go down my spine! I got x-rays done and nothing is broken, but told me to go to the Chiropractor...so I'll do that this afternoon. Last night I didn't get much sleep as I couldn't get comfortable, and everytime I moved my back would hurt even more. I went for a little walk yesterday but that was the extent of my exercise.

I'm keeping up with my eating! So that is good I guess. Following portion control and such! I'm slowly getting used to it!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:34 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Dollypie: I'm not sure... Probably Bobby or Marty... I can't believe they are bringing people the were initially kicked off back... AND that they've lost MORE weight than the current show competitiors... I love it, I become more and more obsessed each day... Yeah, I want Bobby to win thinking about it... What about you?
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:41 AM   #40  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Angry Grrrrr

I think I've mentioned that I've given up my car and am walking everywhere these days (despite the fact that it's chilly!). I've been trying to get my 12,000 steps in (about 6 miles with my short lil' legs) everyday and it's a 2 mile walk to class and another 2 back, which (obviously) only puts me at 4 miles. Well, I woke up early this morning and hopped on the treadmill and pounded out 2 miles.
Anyways, long story short, I walk to class after showering and having some bfast, and it's rainy and cold and nasty and I get here and ....
Class is CANCELLED!!!
Here are my feelings, expressed in smilies:

I am going to & this prof. Dude knows I walk.

I'm just trying to remind myself that the walk wasn't for nothing. Breathe, Lisa, breathe. So now I'm just resting for an hour and then I have to walk to work (another 2 miles. Yay!)
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #41  

Hey girlies. I feel asleep before they announced who got kicked off. Can someone pleeeeeeeeeeaase tell me? Did the blue or red team lose weigh in, and who had to go?
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:30 PM   #42  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Canadian: I hope you heal quickly---take it easy...sorry to hear about your back prob, that is the worst part of the body to hurt!

theobviouschild: your last post made me giggle, I hate when stuff like that happens, but it's usually a daily occurance with me...I just try and find the humour in it... Hey, at least you did get in your workout for the day! Also Congrats on the weight loss----I hope you never see those five pounds again! Keep up the walking!

Cookie: I can't think of his name, but he was tall and dark with crazy hair! Does that help any? He looks great now...I need to go to the site and see how everyone is doing that is working out at home etc.

Happy Friday Everyone!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:59 PM   #43  
Goodbye Fat!

Blue Team won...way to go Blue!

Ken was kicked off the Red (Mean Girls) Team.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:08 PM   #44  

Happy Friday ladies!

This week has been spent trying to clean up my act. I'm trying to be firm with myself... last night I had a big ice cream craving hit and I just said NO. I got up and found something else to do. I played with my cats, I did some dishes, I picked up a book. Then I was tired enough to go to bed, so that's what I did... without ice cream! That was a success. The whole "distract yourself" method seems to really work.

Eating hasn't been perfect, but that's partly a product of the busy week I had -- I had pizza one night with a friend while we were editing each other's papers, and I went to Waffle House another night with a friend for really no good reason... But I'm not beating myself up about it. We had a good time.

So things seem to be getting back to normal. I'm going to take the weekend to plan some meals and do some make-ahead stuff, as well as brew up a giant pot of soup, as my frozen stock is getting low. I need a change, anyway. Perhaps I'll make curried cauliflower and wild rice soup.. that's a REALLY good one.

Everybody be strong for the Halloween party weekend!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #45  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Alright, I dont WANT to go to the gym today. Its rainy.. I just want to go home.
But this is me MAKING myself go!! Woo Hoo!!

Mickey- I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

Obvious- alright that was just FUNNY!!! I should see how far a walk it is to my work.. but I think its more like 4 miles. of course I could walk one way and catch a ride going home.

Brit- Gratz on conquering the ice cream!!
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote