Old 09-15-2006, 08:59 AM   #46  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

brit-- from what you descibribed thats what that cheese tastes like from my experience.

Its Friday ladies!!! Woo Hoo!! This week has been CRAZY at work, but when Im running around hauling books all across campus I think about all the calories I know I have to be burning lol. its DH's birthday on Sunday so we are going to Atlanta tomorrow to go to the botanical gardens have nice dinner spend the night and go to the Braves game on Sunday. Its going to be hard at the braves game I love beer and hot dogs!!! But I might just limit myself to one hot dog and one beer and take some kashi bars and fruit in with me to combat wanting to munch on fried foods while watching the game.

I hope you all have a fab weekend!!
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #47  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Good friday to all!

Slimming Down- congrats on the loss- it will be more motivation to be a little careful at the Braves game. Have fun! I love ballgames as it makes my summer stretch just a little further.

The concert was amazing as always. Amazing. Everyone in our section left way before the encore so Ross and I were swing dancing for a good chunk of it. Hopefully it counteracted some the beer. We did end up at the tailgate, but I didn't eat ANYTHING there despite the bowls of chips and queso and what-not. I never ever drink during the week, so I will be watching myself calorie-wise very closely this weekend. I guess I've already used up my "cheat meal".

Busy day around here. We are hosting the Peace Jam, which is the congregation of all the Nobel Peace Laureates (sp?). It's special because they haven't ever been under the same roof before. I'm supposed to be here when the Dalai Lama arrives- I'm so excited! I've never actually seen Secret Service agents before. I've never been more afraid of anyone on appearances alone in my entire life. Hopefully, this excited energy will funnel into a good work out, which I'm just desperate for.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Stephanie- you should see this place- its like one big giant photo op.

Last edited by junebug41; 09-15-2006 at 04:04 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:53 AM   #48  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls! Another wonder weightloss morning on my part. Im down TWO pounds from the last time i weighed! I had to reweigh myself 3 times to see if it was acurate! and yes, 3 times the same weight, 217.2 hehe im so excited! 5 pound weightloss since i started again a week or so ago. And i get to go grocery shopping today so im going to stock up on lots of fruits and veggies to munch on!
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:41 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Spill the beans - Yeah I really like SB's focus on 'good carbs' healthy whole grain, just trying to eat as cleanly as I can right now and it's pretty south beach anyways...

Fae - I used the gum to quit and that definitely helped

Brit - I honestly don't know, I prob would throw it out but I'm paranoid

Marineswife - That is so awesome! Such a good feeling!
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:42 PM   #50  
Goodbye Fat!

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I do feel that I am headed in the right direction for my cholesterol to go down, so I will have to check it in 6 months. Well Friday is about half gone and I hope the second have goes just as fast. I can't wait for the weekend, going to Houston to do some furniture shopping and eat at our favorite seafood restaurant. Five o'clock hurry up and get here!

Marineswife:

Junebug: The PeaceJam sounds really cool! I got to here Nelson Mandela speak here at the George Bush Library, very impressive.

SlimmingDown: Allow yourself that one hotdog and beer and then take some fruit to munch on.

Britomart: The cheese should still be good, it has the wax coating.

Fae: Just think of all your friends and relatives that deep down envy your for quitting and they have not

sarah and beans: thanks for all the encouragement!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #51  

thanks for the thoughts re: the cheese.... I felt kind of silly posting that kind of a question but it's a testament to how much $3 means to me and my poor student budget!! I've decided that since it doesn't smell bad or look bad and apparently the bite at the end is normal, I'll keep it

Slimming - ooh, botanical gardens. I love gardens. My mom used to work at the botanical gardens in norfolk and it was so much fun to go visit her at work! and good idea re: the healthy ballgame snacks.. my problem with baseball is I feel not a whole lot goes on so I get bored, and when I get bored I want to eat.... Good luck! Stay strong!

junebug - the peace jam sounds really neat! what do they all do when they're together? just hang and chat? what an awesome experience, to be able to meet all those extraordinary people! (I'm really excited for you!)

heather - congrats! great job! woohoo! etc way to go on that loss, two pounds down never to be seen again. keep up the great work!

I've got a nasty sore throat today... it kept me up part of the night. I have no idea what's wrong, if it's going to turn into something worse or just peter out. the weather's been changing and very damp, so maybe that's it. it makes eating anything very unpleasant..... trying to drink lots of water though. I hate being sick.

It's a really nice day today though, I think I'll do a couple hours' reading and maybe take a walk around the neigborhood later.... happy friday ladies!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:47 PM   #52  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Britomart: I hope I didn't pass my bug to you, I feel the best I have all week, started out with a sore throat then moved to flu type symptoms...running nose..achy...yuck! I hope you don't get it...Drink your fluids!

Happy Friday Ladies!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:49 PM   #53  
Proud US Navy Wife

my dvd's still havent come in... and im sick of just sitting stationary.

I think its off to target to find some sort (cheap!) exercise things I can do.. because for some reason I dont like the idea of doing some crunches. At any rate, walking to target will get me out of the house for a bit.
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:38 AM   #54  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Good morning girls! Im going to try and get out for some good exercise today. My husband is standing duty for 24 hours so ill have some time to myself. The last 2 days i havent really dont much.. I considered grocery shopping my exercising for yesterday (between walking around and carrying groceries in and putting them away i guess it does burn some cals..) but i feel guilty about not getting out for a walk. But im feeling good today. I want to get out and get some exercise. Its a little overcast and cool today, so hopefully i wont be scorched by 100 degree heat like i usually am! haha.
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote