Old 07-02-2006, 12:39 AM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default JUNE 2006 - Goals Reflection/Assessment

Hi all

I thought it might be a good idea for us to evaluate how we went with our June goals. How did you do?

Personally I have found that I might write the goals at the start of the month and then forget about some of them and I hope that this will help keep me accountable. It will also help moving forward into the new month and setting our new goals.

My June Goals
1200 minutes of exercise - Total minutes 905. Multitude of reasons why, but it is no excuse for missing the mark.
Monitor all food in FitDay - completely honestly - FitDay wasn't for me. I have been monitoring all my food though, honestly, in another program.
Lose 10lbs - I started at 108.1kg and ended at 107.4kg = 0.7 loss
Move out of my comfort zone when doing cardio - Definately. Little bursts of running helped to accomplish this along with doing extra kms.
Start doing pushups with each weight session - didn't happen. I did minimal weights this month for some reason.
Incorporate more yoga - didn't happen. in fact only minimal yoga happened during June. Not sure why.
Eat all my meals at home, at the dining table - Achieved, prodominantly. It has helped me not eat mindlessly in front of the tv or the computer.
Eat correct portion sizes for each meal - I have achieved this in the past two weeks.
Tidy up the house each night before bed - Achieved. Such a great feeling in the morning to wake up to a tidy house.
Complete month 3 of being SMOKE FREE! - As at 8th July I will be 3 months smoke free. Yay for me!
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:52 AM   #2  
here I go again...

Unhappy

Work out on a more regular basis I must say that I did better this month than previously... but I have lots of room for improvement
Take my vitamins every day This sounds so easy, but I just can't remember... any suggestions for remembering? ha!
Drink lots of water every day, even the weekends yikes, that's all I can say, yikes
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:06 PM   #3  
L A D Y J A M E S

S/C/G: 265/236/180

Height: 5'9

Hrm, I can't find the June fitness thread to list what my goals were. So I am going to try to list them from memory:

Walking -- I totally slaughterated this goal. Beat it by a good forty miles. I had a lot of places to go and people to see, so I walked everywhere. I am worried that I will not make my walking goal this month because I plan on cutting back my activities dramatically.

Pushups -- I hate doing pushups. Most of the ones I did were in dance class. I will try harder this month, so my arms look less pathetic, but I really, really, really, don't like doing pushups and it is hard to remind myself that weight loss is not about doing only what I like. Especially when I see big losses on the scale and around my waist. Anyway, I am going to try harder to do these this month.

Jumping Jacks -- messed up my knees and ankles, and made me afraid to try them again. I won't be trying this goal again.

Crunches -- I don't like these either, but did them in dance class. I think I just don't like being on the ground because I am such a germ-o-phobe. I am not going to try for this goal again.

Dance/Yoga classes - I took on average two classes per week during June. Not bad, but I want to do better this month.

Jumprope -- see Jumping Jacks.

That's all I can remember!
ladyjames63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #4  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Great Idea for a thread.

I looked over my fitness routine, and notice that I need to take less days off, just keep it to one a week, works best for me. Otherwise I noticed my patter it to take off another one following...Yikers

I also totally sucked with my diet, no keeping track on fitday, and I recall buying lots of ice cream...bad, bad, bad.

My exercise was my best by far, I finally made my 1500 goal. I'm pretty proud of that, I've been trying to achieve that since last year. So, going to try and do that again this month.

I really need to get my diet in check again, when I was losing, I was really doing good with diet and exercise....just doing good with exercise has me maintaining. so back to it!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote