Old 05-21-2006, 07:49 AM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - 22 May - 28 May**

ONLY 10 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!
Did you know we already have done
168.45 HOURS
10,107 MINUTES
of exercise as a group?! Keep up the great work!
Only 9,893 minutes left to reach our goal!

Ok, so its not the 22nd yet (althought I am only 4 hours away from it), but I have a busy morning tomorrow and doubt I will get online until later in the day. So, I thought I would start it now

Well, we went for our walk along the coast and did a total of 8kms for about 90 mins. Lots of hills and climbs and believe it or not, I ran intervals Such an exhilarating feeling to be able to run/jog and be able to recover quickly. Or should I say, quicker than I can remember.

I didn't get any good pics of the coastline as we went to an area further north to the main beaches which is essentially cliff face. However, I did manage to get the sunset.

Well, we have 10 days left for May - it has gone soooooo fast! I look on track for my exercise which I am really excited about as it will be the first month I have made it.

I hope everyone had a great weekend

Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 03:56 PM   #2  

Everyone must be out having a beautiful Sunday excursion or something, it's so quiet in here!

I ordered my wedding dress today! If you're curious, you can see it here. Be sure to click on the 'back view,' that's my favorite part. The red color pictured is what I want, but I'm getting ivory instead of white for the main part. It's a bridesmaids dress technically, but all the wedding gowns I tried on were so... over the top for me. This is the first thing I've put money down on for the wedding.... It's exciting!

from the last chat:

stacy: I think I could find planning a wedding really, really stressful if I let myself. But I made some very basic decisions early on which have helped me a lot -- mainly I decided that no matter what, I wanted to look back on my wedding as a really fun, relaxing event, and if things got really complicated and stressful at any time, then whatever caused that stress did not need to be part of my wedding. It also helps to be planning for like 20 people. So yes, it's fun... If you feel like you've missed out on something (not that you necessarily have -- you're married, and that was the point!), you could always plan a really fun anniversary party one year. I bet that would be exciting too!

Sorry I'm a one-trick pony right now, I've just got wedding on the brain! I wonder how Stephanie (lockitup) is doing with her wedding stuff? She's getting married in August...... that's coming up really soon!

pilatesgirl: great job on all that walking!

Daisy: That sunset is beautiful. I haven't seen a pretty sunset over water in a long time.... Since last August camping on Lake Ontario, I think. I love hearing about how successful your exercise is going! It's such an inspiration!

I better go before I start talking about the wedding again
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:28 AM   #3  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well this weekend was off and on of sorts. Was out of town Fri/Sat shooting for the paper. Eating did NOT go well...but my birthday was on Sunday and the entire weekend was people buying me birthday dinners. Now I know what they say (the famous THEY) just because you have an occasion you have to want to lose the weight/tone up enough that you can stick by not eating the junk. But I do not want to be one of those girls - the ones that take all the fun out of going out to celebrate because they are yoyo dieting AGAIN. I think I can handle a weekend...I will just have to watch myself this week.

My birthday was fabulous...I tricked everyone into workout out with me all day lol. The weather was gorgeous and we played golf for 6 hours...then went back and ate dinner, played pool for about an hour, then went to bowl for about an hour, then finished the evening off with some indoor basketball for about an hour and a half. Overall a very active day. Although man am I pooped today!

On the agenda for today? I need to work my at home job, then I am volunteering to take graduation pictures for a school of at risk youth (yay more travelling - not I hate travelling now). I need to fit in my w4d1 run for my 5k training. I would also love to try out the new strength training routine in this months self. Looks pretty awesome. Not sure how much time I will have though.

Daisy - beaitiful exposures of the sunset. You do look on track for your exercise - right on girly!

brito - your dress is stunning hun. The overall cut is so simple and elegant but the bordering adds a touch of glamour to it
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:26 AM   #4  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hello Ladies! Happy Monday!

Daisyboo: Very beautiful pictures...you must have a really nice camera also? What kind is it btw? I am in search of a nice digital that isn't to pricey

Jaime: the dress is gorgeous...I love the red in the dress! I think simple is the most elegant and most beautiful. Plus, why should the dress get all of the attention, everyone will be looking at your glowing face!

Stephie: Happy belated birthday!! Have a great week!

I'm getting back on track this Monday. I was off of exercising for four days this last week, and my eating was very questionable. I'm back on track, and looking forward to seeing a loss at the end of this week!

Everyone have a great day!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:49 AM   #5  

Hello ladies! What a long weekend. A friend of mine had this event on Friday night called Chaos Fair - it was live music acts, theatre, films, drum circles, fire breathing, you name it. I was the photographer for the event, and woah, what a night. Then I slept pretty much all day Saturday. I love days like that. Eating was pretty yuck on Saturday, not bad yesterday. But all in all, I'm back to my good ol' holding point of 141. I need to get some running in. It's just so unappealing when it's 95 degrees out.

Well, just a quick post. I will be back later, I have to be off to work. I need to go and find some motivation somewhere....
salvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:15 AM   #6  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

I haven't been around much and I feel really guilty. I have managed to lose a pound but the excercise has still been extremely difficult.

Why does this have to be so difficult!
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:25 AM   #7  
2blessed2Bstressed

Rosie: Keep at it! Find something that you enjoy doing. Even just walking your neighborhood for thirty minutes is something!

If it was easy, then everyone would be walking around looking in shape and in good health.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:59 PM   #8  
Living the Laguna life...

hi guys
i hope everyone had a great weekend! mine was great..I went to the beach for the weekend with a bunch of friends...eating was ok, not great, but I got at least some exercise in. weigh in today was same as last week...i'm not too surprised considering i definitely ate more than my share of sweets on friday and saturday! i am having a tough time today..i woke up this morning at 5 to go to boot camp and weighed in and it was the same (AGAIN). I was just asking myself, why? Why do I get up at 5 am, count my calories, worry about getting in enough gym time, etc etc. when I am not even losing weight?? I do know it is worth it though...this weekend I went to try on wedding dresses with two of my best friends (one of them is getting married!) and i could model all of the bridesmaids dresses for her even though the only sample size they carry is a 6/8 i felt bad for some of the other girls in the wedding though..they couldnt even come close to fitting in the dresses it's hard to believe that the only size a store would carry is a 6!! anyway, i thought about that after i was at boot camp today and remembered that it is worth it

i hope everyone has a lovely monday. only 4 more days until the weekend!

daisy -- that picture is gorgeous!! it makes me want to get out of this cubicle!

britomart -- your dress is beautiful! it seems everyone i know has wedding on the brain, so don't worry about it!

stephie -- that is so kind of you to volunteer to take pictures, and you even have to travel! good luck, and give yourself a pat on the back!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:27 PM   #9  

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies

I had a nice weekend, but I didn't eat as well as I should have. I went out to our local pier with some friends and had some drinks. Just empty calories.. I am considering cutting alcohol out of my diet completely and allowing myself 2 nights out of the month to go out drinking. It probably sounds bad... but that is difficult to do considering until about a month ago I would go out every weekend with the girls to clubs and drink an ungodly amount. I feel so much better on the weekends when I don't drink, too. Aside from that, I went to the beach yesterday and it was beautiful out. I haven't been to the beach in about a month or two so I got a little burnt. This week I will be tracking every little morsel I put in my mouth. I think that with all my little BLT's(bites, licks, tastes) I am eating more than I think.

Daisy Boo - What beautiful pictures! That's an awesome camera you have! Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will meet your goal this month.

britomart - I love your dress! That is the style that I love... simple yet elegant. How exciting, when is your big day?

stephiewilliams
- Happy belated birthday! My weekend was off/on as well.. I think that special occasions(such as your birthday) it is alright to not be 100% on track. This is a lifestyle change so of course things are going to come up.. a little treat here and there won't hurt ya.

spillthebeans - I am back on track today as well! Let's hope for a loss this week..
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Just wanted to check into the boards! I've been so MIA lately and I just want to apologize I feel liek I'm totally missing out and missing everything. BUT, its finally the end of the semester and end of the year, and its been a tough, long, and hard one, but I've survived! I'm so ready for summer! And to be back in contact w/ everyone and join in on the fun! I'm hoping to start running or something, since its summer. Hopefully I can get that started we'll see...

Also, does anyone know any cheap places, particularly online, but in store if fine where I can get affordable work out clothes or something? Maybe like those cute leggings, not too tight though, or some crop shorts or something?! Thanks!!!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:40 PM   #11  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Omg Britomart that dress it simply Gorgeous!!!!
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:46 PM   #12  

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the dress! I thought people might find it weird that I have a not-entirely-white wedding dress, but I guess I did okay in my choice I really love it. It's supposed to come in the last week of August, which is my birthday... It'll make a great gift

I went to talk to a photographer today and he wanted $1800 for 4 hours of work, an engagement sitting, and 20 8x10s. That is almost my entire budget!! His photos weren't even that good.... his candids were nice but the posed shots just looked stupid..... Gotta wonder about people sometimes.

Eating hasn't been on track for me the past week or so... my dad just goes out to eat so often. Probably 5 times a week minimum. At first I was doing well with good choices... I'm really good with making good choices at home, but at restaurants I break down after so much temptation! So far it hasn't shown up on the scale (except for the absence of loss), I better get movin' before it all catches up to me.
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:55 PM   #13  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

No exercise last night. I got home and got straight into cooking dinner and doing bits and pieces. I made a nice and healthy tuna lasagna and then proceeded to eat 3 servings I was really tired and still felt like crap with my sore throat and stuffy nose. Looks like it is a cold coming on. I will try and keep up my water today. OH's daughter says she has a cold too and her mum does as well. Great - I get the ex's germs!

Ok, so I jumped on the scale today and I was back to 237 after weighing in a week ago at 240 (its been going up and down since then). I am going to do my best to eat clean and keep up with the exercise to see some more loss by the end of this week, when it is my official fortnightly weigh-in and measure.

I have been hovering between 235 and 240 for the past two months and really need to get some of this weight off. Yes, my fitness has improved and my energy levels are increasing, but damn! I want to lose some weight too!

Britomart - your dress is gorgeous! Just what I would pick i reckon. Simple, minimal, yet memorable. Love it!

Stephie - i was so chuffed i was in front and then you go and do 7 hours of exercise in one hit! seriously, good job and well done for tricking eveyone into an 'active' birthday instead of laying around drinking and eating. I think we are in the same boat with yo-yo'ing back and forth with our weight and measurements. I say do our best for the rest of this month and next month is a whole new ball game!

Spill - my camera is a Canon Rebel. Not cheap at all (I was a little indulgent at the time), but I have gotten heaps of pics out of it.

Rosie - c'mon girl, you can do it. if you lost a lb without exercising, imagine the possiblities if you do exercise
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #14  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

brito - unfortunately hun that is the going rate for weddings. As far as photographers gigs go weddings are the HARDEST to shoot. There are however a couple of things that you can do to cut down on the costs...

Check out the local college/university...many times there are photo students who are willing to do the work way cheaper just to be able to use it in their portfolio...just make sure to check out their portfolio to make sure their stuff is up to par.

Also when you talk pricing ask for the files only...get them on a cd and order your own prints from walmart/walgreens. 20 8X10's at walmart would be like 40 bucks....way cheaper...you can order exactly how many you want of each and you have the files to make extras for the rest of your life. Without having to make prints for you this should shave a couple of HUNDRED dollars off the charged amount.

I would NOT reccomend doing the whole "We will just put out camera's and let our guests take the pics." thing. I was on a budget and I did that and although they did take good photos very rarely is someone going to have a good enough camera that the photos can be blown up to 8X10 and not be blurry/pixelly...you need at LEAST a 6 mp camera for that if it is digital and those are not extry level...

Hope this helps...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #15  
2blessed2Bstressed

Morning Ladies...it's Tuesday~ I was told by co worker...I woke up and was so happy that it was Wednesday... hate that!

Anyways, I am in a great mood. Our Dallas Mavericks beat the Spurs! Woo Hoo!

DaisyBoo: sorry, I didn't mean to imply that your camera was cheap, I know that it isn't by looking at the quality of the pics, they are gorgeous darling. I just meant that I was looking for a more economical one.

Everyone have a Great OP DAY!