Old 05-19-2006, 01:21 AM   #1  

Question How is my eating?

Hi Everyone, I've been around the boards for a while but I don't post that much, but I enjoy all the advice and information on the boards. I just wanted some input about my diet if you don't mind. Thanks!

This is what I ate today, I'm trying to eat a low fat/calorie/carb diet plus exercising (tae bo, turbojam, and taking walks).. it's going well so far, in the last week and a half I've lost about 6 pounds.

Today: Pretty typical of what I've been eating lately.
  • Breakfast: Blueberry smoothie (1/2 cup low fat vanilla soy milk, 1/2 cup low sugar yogurt, and 1/4-1/2 cup frozen blueberries).
  • Lunch: Went to panera bread and did the take 2 thing - 1/2 asian sesame chicken salad, dressing on the side and no crispy wontons and 1/2 tuscan chicken on low carb pumpkin seed bread
  • Dinner: Crispy tofu (cooked in just a bit of olive oil) and grilled zucchini
  • Drinks: 2 cups of green tea and water (probably not enough)
  • Snacks: No sugar added fudgisicle and about 5 almonds
Does anyone have suggestions as to what I can do or change to improve my diet? Or just comments?

Also, if anyone is on a similar diet to mine, do you have any simple and quick recipes? I think I am getting sick of eating the same things over and over again.

Thank you all for your help and input, I really appreciate it
DaisyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:34 AM   #2  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Hi DaisyJ and

Glad you decided to join us.

Firstly, 6lbs in a 10 days? What a great start - congratulations.

My diet is similar to yours being low fat/low cal and focussing on the good carbs instead of refined.

How are you feeling with your new eating plan? Your diet is very clean but at first glance it looks very 'light'. Do you know how many calories you are getting in on average each day? Generally you should aim to be above the 1200 point per day or you may start to counteract your good work and your body will hold on to every last ounce of energy it can.

Have a look at the recipe section here or even at the food and nutrition thread. I am sure you will find heaps more recipes that you can get cooking with.

I am sure you will get heaps more advice from the other ladies.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:32 AM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Hey there! I think that if you were to change something in your diet it would be that you should have more snacks. I always tell my clients to eat every 2-4 hours. Your breakfast looks pretty good, how many grams of protein are in it? It may be too high in carbs and not enough protein to start the day off. Your snack should be a little more substantial too. I usually do somewhere between 100 and 250 calories for snacks depending on how my meals are. I would suggest for a couple days enter everything in fitday or counting everything (including grams of everything and portions) and report back. You are eating clean for the most part, but may not be enough calories. For a low carb diet I don't think you are getting enough protein, but I am not sure. And make sure to drink at least 2 liters of water.

Congrats on your progress so far!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:22 PM   #4  

Thanks girls for the advice, I will definitely try to eat more snacks. I'm not the best when it comes to cooking so I usually just don't eat if I don't have the time to go out and get food, probably not a good idea :P

Daisy Boo, I think on an average day, I get about 1,000 calories calories. I probably should add another snack. Btw, really random question, is your user name "Daisy Boo" in reference to the Jamie Oliver's (the naked chef) daughter name? I was just watching this thing on food network about him the other day and he gave his daughters very interesting names, one being daisy boo and I think the other girl is named Poppy Honey.

LockItUp, congrats on losing 45.5 pounds!!! and you are almost at your goal!! What type of exercises do you do? Oh and about my breakfast, I checked the labels and I get about 18g carbs and 7g of protein (I'm not sure if that is good or not). I usually try to just eat an omelot with veggies but if I"m in a rush, I usually have the smoothie instead.

Well thank you both for your input, I'm going to work on adding some more food into my diet and getting my protein. I really appreciate the feedback!
DaisyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:08 PM   #5  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyJ
is your user name "Daisy Boo" in reference to the Jamie Oliver's (the naked chef) daughter name?
Yep that's where i got the idea. love the name daisy.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote