Old 04-16-2006, 08:01 PM   #1  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Default Easter eating

Well, I have eaten everything in sight this weekend, I swear. First I moved out of my student residence, celebrating (i.e. eating and drinking) with everyone before I did. Then I moved home, where I feel less in control, and ate a bunch here. Then today, of course, it's Easter... my dad gave me chocolate, my mom gave me chocolate, and did I ever pig out. Sigh. I've probably gained like 2 or 3 pounds in the last week.

I need a fresh start! I'm trying to get rid of the attitude "I've already eaten so much, I might as well continue"..... that insidious attitude that I've had most of my life! I need to get a calendar out and set some new goals. I'm throwing out the remaining Easter eggs, but the attitude is harder to get rid of! Oh well I'll keep on truckin...
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:32 PM   #2  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

lol dont feel bad, i had a chocolate easter bunny for breakfast and for dinner i made a whole chicken, homeade mashies with montery cheese in them and mac and cheese! lol. I feel like such a pg today! lol everythign else ive eaten has been decent tho atleast.
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:52 PM   #3  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Hey
I am there with ya...I ate everything!!!!!!!!!!! lol

instead of throwing out the chocolate bring it to the homelss shelter in you area...that feeling of helping others will boost you inner strength and help you feel stronger so you can start your new goals off on a positive note!

oh and the weight you have gained is probably water weight...it will come off in no time...drink lots of water over the next 2 days!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:13 PM   #4  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

i didn't do too well yesterday either (BBQ). but hey, at least we realize that holiday eating isn't our norm....like before, i wouldnt think twice about eating 2 hotdogs and all kinds of other junk. now i recognize that it might not be the best decision for everyday life.
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

A very good point! We may have gone a bit out of control yesterday, but at least it was one day instead of a way of life. Does anyone else feel totally gross after it all too?
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:00 PM   #6  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegdaeien
Does anyone else feel totally gross after it all too?
Yes! I felt disgusted with myself and gross, like my body was full of junk. I underestimated myself though--I always think, 'how am I ever going to get back on track now? I've screwed it all up.' But really I'm used to setbacks like this now, and it's easier for me to just get over it and get back on the wagon. That's what I did yesterday and I'm gonna continue it today. One more blip on the radar.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 154/145/125

i'm right there with y'all. i normally would leave the chocolate in the breakroom at school, but this time i am trying to eat it in control. sunday was definitely out of control-- 2 creme eggs and a decent hunk of a bunny and some m&m's (not terrible, but on top of the food i ate my stomach felt TIGHT and uncomfortable).

so i moved the candy into a box in the cupboard. i built chocolate into my eating plan for the day. after dinner, i got my allotted chocolate, enjoyed it, and feel emotionally satisified. normally i would nibble nibble throughout the day. i'm pretty sure i have the willpower to keep out of the chocolate box till tomorrow.
kms7z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:32 PM   #8  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

ohh, another good one that I started doing- i ask all of my family to PLEASE NOT BUY ME ANY CANDY FOR HOLIDAYS!!! it took a couple holidays for some of them to catch on, but even my sweets-pushing grandma usually respects my wishes these days. I can go to the store when i'm not having cravings and avoid buying junk, but if someone gives me candy and its sitting around the house its all over for me.
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 120

I agree with drinking a lot of water (10 glasses) and what also help me is eating cantalope to help cleanse the bod
snoody is offline   Reply With Quote