Old 04-14-2006, 11:26 PM   #1  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Question Help from the runners in the group

Hey Guys, I am trying to utlilize the treadmill I have at home and learn how to run. I started on 0 incline 4 mph and got about a half a mile into it and my feet (especially the outside edges of the sides) are hurting soooo bad. I just bought new shoes about a week ago. I am wondering if maybe I need to break them in more and maybe that could be it? Did it take you a while when you first started running to get your feet used to it? I think I can deal with the tired, with the sore calf muscles and all of that but my feet hurt me so bad that I had to stop. Any ideas?
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:05 AM   #2  
One day at a time...

I have only been jogging four weeks now and I had a similar problem, I am bit heavier so maybe my problem was something else, LOL. I told my mom about it (she's been running for years) and she suggested inserts from Sof Sole (there are tons of other brands). So far so good, the pain has subsided, and I can go for more than 30 minutes without pain.

I am sure if you posted on the cool runners forum, I am sure they have much more experience than I do. Here is the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80627

Good luck!
April_Showers is offline   Reply With Quote