Old 04-03-2006, 06:11 PM   #16  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

I smoked for 8 years, and sort of quit cold turkey when I was 24 about a year and a half ago. I say “sort of” because I am a bad quitter and end up smoking when I am out at parties or whatever with friends on the weekend sometimes. Give me a couple beers and all that willpower goes out the window, who’d of thunk it?

I didn’t have a single drag of a cigarette for the first 4 months of quitting, but I had to kind of become a hermit to do that and didn’t really socialize at all because I knew I could not be within sniffing distance of a cigarette and not break down. Plus for the first two weeks I just felt like crap and didn’t want to talk to anyone. But my birthday rolled around and there I was at happy hour with my friends and then I had just one drag, then I bummed a smoke. But I did come to like not smoking enough to not revert back to my old ways. It’s kind of all about the forbidden fruit for me. If I tell myself I will never have another chocolate chip cookie for as long as I live, I will be able to think of nothing other than that cookie! I’m the same way with smoking, I never told myself that I would never have another cigarette again because that would have scared me right back into smoking every day. I would say I end up having maybe 3 or 4 cigarettes a month on average, it’s not zero but it’s way better than half a pack a day.

Good luck, hope you find something that works for you!
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote