Old 02-21-2006, 12:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Question Skin Care

What do you ladies use for skin care products?

I have combination skin and just can't seem to get it clear. Lately I've been using the Clean & Clear Advantage system. It's helped but I still break out quite a but. Any suggestions?
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:10 AM   #2  
Determined

After trying everything on the planet I finally shelled out the money for proactiv. It works great. Even during my period I rarely break out. I find that since I have combo skin too that it is too drying to use twice a day, so in the morning I use clean and clear or plain dove. This also makes it last so long it ends up being pretty cheap....
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:20 AM   #3  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Eh i've used proactive but my results weren't that great after a year of using it. I actually have 2 boxes left over unopened, if you want to give it a try i can sell you a box for cheaper then the tv price.
Ortho-tri-cyclen worked and cleared me up 100%, but i am no longer on it because it gave me bad side effects.

Right now i use Clinique products.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:24 AM   #4  

Mary Kay has a wonderful skin care line for combination and oily skin. They also have additional products for acne control. The best part is that all products are guaranteed so if you are not happy, you can exchange or get a refund.
MelissaHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:54 AM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaHH
Mary Kay has a wonderful skin care line for combination and oily skin. They also have additional products for acne control. The best part is that all products are guaranteed so if you are not happy, you can exchange or get a refund.
I second that one. Mary Kay makes a great line. I can't always get ahold of it, so I'm using Biore unclogging scrub and the Dove bar. The Biore stuff works really well and doesn't upset my sensitive skin.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:30 AM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

I love Aveeno foaming face wash. It's very mild. And I use Aveeno clear complexion daily moisturizer as well. I love them both! I've never really liked any one product before. This time I had to go cheap and buy clean and clear and it feels like washing my face with acid, PLUS it's making me break out, what's the point in the acid wash if it doesn't do anything??
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:37 AM   #7  

I use SpectroJel for combination skin.... So far it's the only thing I've found which can control the oil without making my skin really really dry. Clean and Clear has never done jack for me.... funny that they're so popular yet seemingly so ineffective.
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

I'll third the Mary Kay suggestion. I use the Timewise line. They also have a great microdermabrasion kit that's been my saviour this winter.
bluedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:14 AM   #9  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Talking

Since we are on the topic of skin care. I wonder if anyone has found a product that is effective on blackheads?

Thanks
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

What all products would you suggest from Mary Kay? Any guess as to how much $$$?

My sister has tried proactiv and she wasn't happy with the results either so I'll have to pass on that one.

I had no idea clean and clear was so ineffective. I thought my skin was just stubborn!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:32 AM   #11  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaka
Since we are on the topic of skin care. I wonder if anyone has found a product that is effective on blackheads?

Thanks
The Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub works really well for me. It contains salicyc (sp?) acid, but is still pretty gentle.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:52 AM   #12  

I've tried *everything* for blackheads, they're more of a problem for me than pimples. The only thing I've found to work is going to the dermatologist and getting a prescription for a retinol cream. It's pretty rough, and even then the results are only temporary, at least for me. Although I could see how in milder cases some of the OTC blackhead scrubs might work.
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylambert
What all products would you suggest from Mary Kay? Any guess as to how much $$$?
I like the Timewise line of products, targeted for "age fighting." They have a 3-in-1 cleanser that works well for me. It's $18. I think the moisturizer is $22.

If you're interested in looking at all of the products and their prices, you can look at my Mary Kay lady's website (http://www.marykay.com/dlawrimore). I've tried just about every product they've got (I don't sell the stuff, but I know a few folks who do), so, if you've got questions, I'd be happy to answer them!
bluedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:35 PM   #14  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

I swear by Oil Of Olay. I never used to do the whole skin care thing until about 2 years ago when I moved in with my sister, and she introduced me to their anti-aging line and (I'm not bragging or exaggerating or anything) but a day doesn't go by where someone doesn't compliment my skin and complexion. (The ladies at the MAC counter at Macy's have a ball with me). I tried Proactiv before even though I didn't have acne, and it gave my face and extra glow, but I was just experimenting, so I stopped using it. Anyway, I wash my face during the daytime with one of their cleansers, use the anti-aging moisturizing lotion right after, and at night when I get home from work I use the anti-aging wet cloths to remove my makeup and that's it. (I never really got into toners) I personally find it very low maintenance and great results. They also have a line specifically out for acne. I've never tried it, but I would definately recommend it judging from my satisfaction with that brand.
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 228/184.7/145

I'm a huge fan of Origins skin care line. Great fresh scents, and my skin looks and feels better than it ever has!
steph324 is offline   Reply With Quote