Old 10-16-2005, 01:42 AM   #1  
here I go again...

Exclamation Please read this!!!

Hello ladies! Please forgive me for this little soap box message...

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, as many of you may know. I just wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone that, even though we're in our twenties, that you should still being giving yourself a self-breast exam (SBE) every month. They're free, take only a few minutes, and can save your life. I personally work with breast cancer patients, and know that SBEs really do find lumps and can lead to earlier detection of breast cancer. There ARE women in their twenties and early thirties that are being diagnosed with breast cancer, and early detection and treatment gives women the best chance of a complete recovery.

Also, as you lose weight, the size and shape of your breasts may be changing. It may sound silly, but you need to know what your breasts feel like now, so that if heaven forbid, you do find a lump, you will know that something feels abnormal.

If you've never done a SBE before, or just want a refresher, please visit:
www.komen.org/bse/

or there are many websites where you can learn about BSE and the facts about breast cancer.

Thank you so much for reading this!!!
I will now exit soap box, stage right...

Take care of yourself,
ab
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 02:40 AM   #2  
Melting Butter

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reminder...you are right, it is very important that we be aware of breast cancer even at this early age.
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:35 AM   #3  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

and for the guys... testicular self exams-- as that cancer is most common among guys 15-40 (and over 90% treatable if detected early.)
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 01:36 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the reminder from me too!!! Sometimes I do forget!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote