Old 09-13-2005, 12:44 PM   #1  
All That's Left of Me

Default Okay...had to share!

Hey gals...down another lb (I've lost a lb a day for the last three days, surprising considering TOM started this morning). I'm officially in the 170's...okay, barely I know...but hey 179 ain't too shabby! It's just falling off, and I haven't even exercised since Friday when I strength trained for an hour. Kewl!

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:32 PM   #2  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I'm so jealous!!
hehe way to go!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 12:08 AM   #3  
All That's Left of Me

Lizzie - Thanks! I see, however, that you haven't been doin' too shabby yourself lately...you're almost to your first goal!!!

Erincrista - You can borrow anything you want from me girl...especially my son, he's been a real crab lately, so please, borrow him next! As far as what I am doing...well, it's turned pretty planned/strategic lately. When I first went on my diet on the first of July I completely upheaved my way of eating. I went from eating 2-3 big meals a day to eating 6-8 meals a day. This change alone made a big difference in how I ate, and really, my level of excitement about food. If you really want to know how I'm doing it...the truth is that I've trained my stomach to not expect much. When I sit down to eat I make sure that there is a child-size portion on my plate, and then my goal for that meal is to eat slow and try to leave food on my plate. At first this was painful...my stomach protested...but I was just so sick of being fat that I pretty much told my gut to go piss off! After a few days I noticed that my stomach was catching on...not sending out the hunger signal as strongly as it had at the beginning. Okay, now here's the bad part...I don't eat anywhere near enough calories! Hey, I know it's bad...and I've come to terms with that. Some days I go ahead and eat more calories...but never over 1,200 calories (okay, twice I had to go over due to limited food choices) and about every other day I go to add up my calories and discover that I only got up to like 900. My body is used to it...it's working...and I'm happy! But I know it's bad. So in a few days I am going to be enforcing my own calorie minimum...which I think I will set at 1,000 and then move it up in small increments of about 50 additional calories per week, until I get up to a daily minimum of 1,200 calories. The super low calorie diet I've been following was unintentional...I guess I just got so disgusted with myself and fed up with hearing my own excuses that I flipped the script on myself...kinda punished myself via deprivation. I know I'm not alone in this...I know that other people on this board have been in the same mindset, where your just so tired of your circumstances that you begin to hate food...just loathe it...where every time you put food in your mouth you feel guilty, even if you're eating healthy stuff. I've lost the weight by learning to resent food...see it as my enemy. Okay, now that I just went off on a rant...soundin' all nuts...I don't take back a word...and I'd be willing to bet that someone reading this knows exactly what I'm talking about! Have you ever stubbed your toe and gotten mad at the thing you stubbed it on...even though it was your fault for not watching where you were going/wearing shoes/picking up your own junk/etc. It wasn't the things fault, but that doesn't stop you from wanting to throw it through the window, or at least assault it in some similar manner. That's where I've been. I've been stubbing myself on food for years...and I'm tired of blaming myself...tired of being mad at myself and my own human weakness...tired of having my problem continually exasterbated by something so unimportant in the grand scheme of things. So I threw food through the window. I still eat it, but I don't have to like it...and it's never going to have any control over my life again. I made it just another thing to check off on the to-do list, and I do it with the same excitement and ferver I have while mopping the floor.

Okay, I'm done...really! I'm hoping I accurately communicated what I'm feeling somewhere within the above rant. It's just so easy to type something and have it taken out of context...don't want to give anyone the impression that I'm anorexic or such. I guess I just sometimes become jaded and decide it's about time to get real...and be completely honest.

Oh man it's late! Talk to you girlies later on...

Amanda
Old 09-14-2005, 10:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

AmandaHolly- I think your plan to increase your calorie intake slowly is great! It shows you are in control, not the food! And that you are thinking about how this is going to work for you long term.
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #5  

i experienced that whole 'i should not eat this' reffering to things like an extra carrot or something...food just was not enjoyable, and in a way because I had to control it and count everything..it kind of ended up controlling me, not to mention that whole fact that i ended up under a hundred pounds...so in the extreme...really bad

NOW though...i love food, in fact i love it so much that i make sure i can get the best possible ingredients (i can afford that is) and eat every bite slowly and really loving it...in a weird way i guess i respect food now so that i dont overeat or undereat...yeah it does take work

great job with your weight loss...but even more you really have a great attitude about this whole eating thing
yume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:44 PM   #6  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

Height: 5'7"

yay good job!
Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:01 AM   #7  
All That's Left of Me

Thanks y'all! I decided to up my calories over the past two days...so I haven't lost anymore weight...still at 179...but I haven't gained any back! Hopefully I will see 178 as of tomorrow!

Amanda
Old 09-15-2005, 11:17 AM   #8  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations! Welcome to a new decade!
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:16 PM   #9  
Proud US Navy Wife

I hate you

Not really, but I AM jealous as heck. Congratulations my friend!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:32 PM   #10  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

Haha - its great to realize food is your enemy - I know its mine, but what do they say, keeps your friends close but your enemies closer...

ick its tough - but I am inspired by your goals met (if somewhat crazily, I don't think i could get that low on cals - I would be Ms grump).

Do you excersize a lot? or mostly its just food control?
bida is offline   Reply With Quote