3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Weekly CHAT 8/29-9/4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/64296-weekly-chat-8-29-9-4-a.html)

spillthebeans 08-29-2005 01:04 PM

Weekly CHAT 8/29-9/4

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Well, this is it, the last week of August already. Let's finish up strong!

Let's also keep in mind things that worked for us this month and ways for us to continue to improve this next month.

Have a great day! :D

TheNewChristy 08-29-2005 01:09 PM

I was SO BAD this weekend...ugh. I'm so disappointed in myself...sigh. :( :faint: :headache: :bomb: :stars:

LockItUp 08-29-2005 01:27 PM

Christy don't be disappointed! Let's get all excited for a new month! I am hoping to earn at leat 2 of my rewards I have set for my mini goals. I am pretty close to my first one! Hope everyone has a great day.

FaeReverie 08-29-2005 02:49 PM

Christy *hugs* Don't fret, chickadee, we all fall off the wagon.. I know you can do it!!

Speaking of wagons and things, very soon I will perhapes be introducing you to a friend of mine.. her internet's not working at the moment, but she's been fighting with her weight, and I told her how amazing and supportive you all are! She's comming over tomorrow, so I can show her the boards *G*

It's raining outside today, so no going out for me.. I'm trapped! Arg! My goal for today is to do my at-home exercise routine twice during the day. Tomorrow I start classes, so score! I get at least 1 1/2 hour walk to and from where I catch the bus. I'm happy.. Walking is fun! (Not to mention my main source of exercise...)

I am also insanely excited because my mom went grocery shopping! There is food in the house! I'm actually not even tempted to binge (Ok maybe just a LITTLE tempted) But it's more exciting because I won't run out of money for food.. I'm almost out now! =x. And I checked the calories on some of the things she got that I love (ie Italian Wedding Soup) And they are not as bad as I thought they were! I had a can of that already.. yum! So now I'm happy because I will be a fed Fae, and not drop in front of you all!

Well there's my long post.. Happy Monday all!

BrunetteChic_2000 08-29-2005 05:40 PM

Hey - If any of you have a chance - watch Oprah today!! It is a GREAT episode!

FaeReverie 08-29-2005 05:59 PM

Brunette - I have to say, for the record, that i love the little pic in your sig. And totally second it! :D

Laila_girl22 08-29-2005 09:21 PM

I had a nice day off.... worked all weekend so it was nice to relax.... for the most part! I got to sleep in until 11:00. Then I went for a walk, just about 3.5 miles. Plus there is this huge hill that we walked up, it's almost a half mile long and has a major incline! Whew! Laila just about didn't make it home.... almost thought I was going to have to carry her... she's a 50 lb. dog! Now I'm just chilling here listening to Joss Stone, she has such a powerful voice. Anyways, I hope you all had a great day!

Sara G.

bida 08-30-2005 03:13 AM

crazy weekend this was, parties and booze, boys and booze :)
ah well, am ready to start the semester off right now that I am back on track. Start again with my trainer on friday, which will help me stay right for at least the next month, and soon I'll be too busy to eat, i suspect ;) well prob not...but i can't see how im not going to be so stressed soon.
but i had the most delish meal tonight - i got this marsala sauce from trader joes that is fat free. not too bad on cals, put some chicken peas and corn into it, and a little japanese wheat soba noodles (a bit of parm/reg cheese) and voila - prob bad for late at night (9ish) but at least it made me feel good that it was a somewhat healthy meal to start my week off right. (for lunch I had a plain salad with a tiny bit of chicken and mushrooms, and a bunch of grapes.

ok, so one more week of august, then a great sept, oct nov and dec and I am off on a traveling adventure - so I gotta lose some weight by then so I feel comfortable running away from the guys that are trying to steal my purse or fill it with drugs :) - going to thailand! (if I make enough money this semester, but I am getting on the right track!)

ok, I am in a pretty good mood (finally) tonight, though the start of the day I had a horrible headache - got some advil from my room mate, drank some more water and went running, felt mucho better.

I gotta start excersizing regularly again - I know it makes me feel good - I can't be lazy about it. I need someone (myself) to kick me in the *** when I get lazy! that is the plan this year. I have a few months before all my resolutions must kick in! right???

ok enough long bloggin for all u tonight!

gl

jillybean720 08-30-2005 06:54 AM

Good morning, chickies!

My weekend went pretty well. I didn't splurge as much as I normally tend to on my planned off-plan weekends, which is really good. That means I should definitely still be able to post a loss for the week by Thursday's TOPS meeting (need to get below 280 finally!!).

Worked last night at the restaurant and have to work again tonight and tomorrow night--jeez, can't I just win a million-dollar jackpot so I don't have to work 2 jobs anymore?! Darn these student loans and car loans and rent and utilities and credit cards and cell phone and insurance--too many people to pay!! So, time to get back to work to earn my keep. Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!

JustForUs 08-30-2005 07:58 AM

Good Morning everyone!! Wow, A TON of stuff I missed!! I don't have time to catch up on everytihng quite yet, I missed a lot at work also... My vacation went PERFECT I didtn get to excercise and I really didnt watch my food as closely as I should have... BUt it was sooo worth it! I had so much fun!!!
Hope everyone had a good weekend!! I gotta go get stuff done I'll post some more about my perfect vacation... ::GRINS::

Megan1982 08-30-2005 08:58 AM

Good morning everyone,

I'm back in the office after an unplanned 3-day weekend courtesy of Hurricane Katrina. It hit 350 miles west of me but we still had flooding and some serious wind. After the damage from Dennis last month (which I did evacuate for) I was totally panicking about this storm. So my BF /made/ me stay on the island for this one - he's a native Floridian and I trust him to know when we should leave or stay - and then he just kept me good and liquored up until I realized we would be fine, even if the house was shaking from the wind.

I've realized after 5 months of maintenance that I can eat a little bit more and not gain weight. However I gained a few pounds before I realized that (was eating more than "a little bit more"). Now I can't seem to force myself to cut the cals back to my "diet levels" to bring it down. After my month of inconsistent workouts I actually got out and went running multiple times last week when the heat index was under 110...then the storm came. I don't mind rain, but the 40 mph winds from the last 4 days have kinda stopped me. When the wind stops it'll be back to the heat. I am less than thrilled with mother nature this time of year, can you tell?

Jill, congrats on being "good" this weekend! Mind sharing your willpower with the rest of us?

~Megan

spillthebeans 08-30-2005 10:44 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

Brunette Chic, what was on Oprah?

Sara,, don't you just love nice long walks-so relaxing.

Bida, you are so creative in the kitchen, I'm jealous! I can screw up everything except cereal. Good luck this semester on your school and working out! Working out is good for the brain also!

Jillybean, glad to hear you did have a good OP weekend.

Justforus, can't wait to hear about your vacation

Megan, have you ever checked over at the maintainers forum? They have tons of great information, I love reading thier topics. I'm already getting my mind set that I will ALWAYS have to workout and ALWAYS eat right, even after I make my goal weight, no going back to the old me! Glad to hear you made it through Katrina and all is well with you!

Have a great day all!

sugarbutt 08-30-2005 10:47 AM

yay today my huby is finally able to walk around... i dont have to do everything for him... anyways good day for me good day for you?.. well since the gas prices still keep goin up i cant drive to the gym and its to far to walk and ii cant really do much in my house you guys got any good exercises i can do here at home also i cant go outside with 100+ degrees outside til about 4 and from 4 to 10 its still hot and muggy out there me walking just around the block i am dieing for water... i sweated it all out of me... please help me i really need something to do with out having to drive anywhere gas prices are so high i dont like to even drive to drive to get gas cause i would have to use so much both ways.....

amandaholly 08-30-2005 11:15 AM

Sugarbutt - Do you have stairs in your house? Running up and down the stairs as fast as you can is good! Or, how about any home exercise videos? Gas prices suck!!! Good luck.

Amanda

sugarbutt 08-30-2005 11:40 AM

nope no stairs and idont know anything with stairs except my highschool..... i hav some tae bo on my computer but my room is to small to do it in... i could take the bus to the gym its only a dallor i am looking into it now to see if the bus that goes through my neighborhood goes by the gym (its the only one that goes on base)..... hopefully the bus stop aint to far from one of the gyms i can go to...