3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Weekly CHAT 8/29-9/4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/64296-weekly-chat-8-29-9-4-a.html)

jillybean720 08-30-2005 12:12 PM

Who needs a gym? Turn on some music and start moving! You can do real exercises (crunches, push-ups, jumping jacks, etc.) or just dance around like an idiot for a while--anything that gets your blood pumping and your heart rate up! Heck, clean your house--vacuuming and mopping floors is a great way to do lunges, dusting those hard-to-reach places is good for stretching...you don't need the gym or any fancy equipment. Lift weights by filling 2 milk jugs with water and lifting them by the handles (they're heavier than they look!). Or start slower and just lift soup cans. Walk or jog in place while watching tv instead of sitting on the couch. Get creative--and move! It doesn't have to be fancy or structured, so long as you're not sitting on your rump ;)

Ferret 08-30-2005 02:02 PM

man sounds like a lot of you are going through some junk! Sorry to hear about it...my thoughts are with you all...
things are going well here...for the most part...it's my day off so i'm feeling lazy...hence this short lazy post LOL

Megan1982 08-30-2005 02:35 PM

Spillthebeans, yes, I used to post only on the maintainers forum and then moved over here too. They are so wise over there! I still post there but came here because I found it a lot easier to relate to you all here for the day-to-day stuff (e.g. When I come in Mondays and say "I had a bad weekend because I got really trashed and was too hung over to work out Sunday". I don't think I could ever, ever imagine Meg or Mel over there coming out with that! :lol: )

Sugarbutt, I can relate to the heat. Where do you live? I'm in Florida. I agree with the other suggestions. You can always do weights/strength training at home and in a fairly small area, with things you find around the house. Even walking/jogging in place in front of the TV will get you moving, right? Could you carpool with anyone to the gym, if the bus won't work?

WastedThermos 08-30-2005 04:14 PM

I just wanted to jump in and say Helloooo ladies!!
I have been running on about 5 hours of sleep for the past few days.. not fun! Work/school/etc is getting very demanding.. much quicker than I thought it would.

Good news is that I don't have time to sit around and think about food. Bad news is that without a lot of planning I wouldn`t have time to work out or eat, two of my favorite things! I've been able to get up really early in the morning to get things done, but lack of sleep is starting to take its toll on me. I'm not sure when things will get much better because tomorrow I have to be at work at 6am. Then school from 8-3, then back to work. I need a nap!

But the best news....one of my friends found out I really wanted to go to Miami and since he is going this weekend he decided to invite me!! I'm sooooo super excited. This is another one of those things that I would have put off before and eventually dropped out of because road trips w/o a whole lot of planning kind of scare me... but I said yes! And it is going to be great!
However, we are leaving here at midnight tomorrow so... yea, I really am never going to get to sleep.

Now back to the insanity at work....

Ferret 08-30-2005 05:33 PM

btw jill is very right...you can be creative around the house plus it gives you a variety...

sugarbutt 08-30-2005 06:22 PM

yes today i did some arm exercises with 2 gal milk jugs filled with water... it got tough.. i am goin to go to the gym all i have to do is find out the hours (army stuff sucks sometimes) stuff likes to close in the middle of the day for whatever reasons..... anyways btw i live in Oklahoma southern part about 25 min from texas boarder... its so hot here and the wind isnt even nice its a HOT wind hotter if there werent wind... the high for here with the heat index has been like 130-145 or something like that... real temp its like 110 i think 112 the highest.... i freakin hate it... i will be glad when i can move.... just a couple months hopefully

Ferret 08-30-2005 08:09 PM

ick ick ick to heat

bida 08-30-2005 09:02 PM

its also very hot here in so ca - i think we are having a heat wave or something - its ridiculous. Ugh am tired from walking around campus all day - we were location scouting, but found some really cool rooms in some of the campus areas.
ugh, have to write a screen play - something cool for my next class.

btw, u sure taking a dollar bus would be cheaper than driving? how far away is the gym? really more than 1/3 gallon of gas (>10 miles one way? pending on ure gas mileage?) I know gas is about 2.80/gal here for cheapo gas.

Ferret 08-31-2005 01:00 AM

it's been pretty mild here...just the way i like it...sorry to hear about the heat everywhere

FaeReverie 08-31-2005 02:32 AM

No really big heat here.. rainy and humid though.

Gah! I binged on canned soup today! How evil is that.. It's actually really sad that I feel so guilty about it, because I didn't go over calories.. but still! binge! on canned soup! Binging on chocolate or graham crackers (hehe) or candy.. THAT is understandable. But SOUP????? Well, never said I was normal.

Well, this is partly procrastination.. Had my first classes of the semester today, and I have algebra homework.. the evil class I thought I had left behind with high school, comes back to rear it's ugly head. Spent $213 on books, and that was only for 2 of the 4 classes I am taking... More evilness. There goes the rest of this semester's financial aid.. Gotta cough up the rest! used books on the internet now.. Luckily, my sister and I are taking the same class, on different days, so we are going to go halves on that book. Woot!

Well, my textbook is calling my name.. no procrastination any more, not if I want to keep mah grades up! (Isn't it too early for me to be saying this? Ohhhh boy).

JustForUs 08-31-2005 07:31 AM

HAPPY HUMP day!! weds. already?? last day of AUGUST?? This is crazy, what a crappy month for me!! well I hope everyone else's month went a little better then mine. !!Thursday morning I will post the excercise queen!! :queen: and princess's!! Ugh, Im trying to plan my daughters 1'st bday :hb: party for the 11th of sept. And my RSVPs were to be in by the fourth of sept, and I have recieved like 30 out of 100 !! I hate when people wait till the last minute! not to mention, my lil baby!! shes already one!! Im gonna cry! :cry:

TheNewChristy 08-31-2005 09:38 AM

So I FINALLY got in some exercise last night! My friend and I went over to a local track (in a cemetary...kinda creepy LOL) and walked a little over a mile...about half the track is uphill so even though it doesn't sound like much it was tough! We even jogged a little! The more I think about it the more I REALLY want to get back into running...I was about to die after that little bit we did yesterday, but after I got back home I felt SO GOOD! I just wish I had someplace to go that's flat at least until I get back in the position where I can actually run a mile again...arg! I also want to get my bike up and running...I need some exercise ladies!!!!!

amandaholly 08-31-2005 09:43 AM

Fae - Math is of the devil! I have geared my entire degree program around avoiding math like the plague. Luckily, in Michigan you can take logic (a philosophy class) instead to fulfill your math requirement.

Justforus -Congrats on your little princess's first birthday! *Amanda grins sheepishly as she is embarrassd to admit that she is one of those people who always procrastinates with the RSVP's*

Christy - You go girl...wish I had exercised yesterday!

Amanda

jenicra 08-31-2005 10:19 AM

Just for us - you're having a first birthday party for your daughter and 100 invitations were sent out????? WHOA! I was an RSVP procrastinator until my wedding, when I found out how crappy it is to be on the other end... now I return them ASAP.

JustForUs 08-31-2005 10:29 AM

Yes, I know.... TRUST ME I KNOW! I wanted it to be smaller but Mike and his mom wanted to invite the world! they know WAY TOO MANY people, plus Mike plays hockey and we are close to all the family's on the team... WAY TO SOCAIL! LOL