Old 08-05-2005, 01:28 PM   #1  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Weigh-In 8/5

Oops, I'm a little late starting this thread (probably because I haven't lost this week ).

Anyway, weigh in here on whatever your normal weigh-in day is!

I'm weighing in at 141, no loss this week (I blame ... the fact that I ate too much! ).
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:34 PM   #2  

Hey Paperclippy, no gain is no gain...the closer you are to your goal the harder it is going to be to lose too. It sounds like you are doing great though.

Well, even thought I went away for a couple of days, I still lost a pound. I'm down to 161.75. I attribute it to getting back on plan and hydrated the past couple of days. I wasn't actually off plan when we traveled, I just sucked on my exercise. We did do a LOT of walking and swimming in the pool though. No snacking helped too.

Good luck ladies!
Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:32 AM   #3  
All That's Left of Me

I've lost exactly 2 lbs. this week which isn't great compared to how much I have been losing lately. I think my body was just unwilling to lose any more right now. I know that you're only supposed to lose 1-2 lbs a week, but man I wish I could push the fast forward. As an outline, here is my progress since I began my new eating/exercising routine:

7/01/05: 211.6

7/08/05: 206.6

7/15/05: 203.0

7/22/05: 201.6

7/29/05: 197.6

8/05/05: 195.6

So, way too many 6's for a christian gal like me...darn digital scale...but it is really accurate. So what do you think...am I losing too fast? Or is this type of loss typical in the first few months?

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Amanda, I think at the beginning of a weight loss program that is pretty normal to lose that quickly but it will slow down to 1-2lbs week and don't get discouraged! Slow is the best way and the closer you get to goal weight the more difficult it is to lose. Believe me, I know. Anyway you are doing great so give yourself a pat on the back! Have a good weekend
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:29 AM   #5  
All That's Left of Me

Thanks Liz! I feel better this morning anyway's...lost a lb. Yeah, I weigh every morning, I know it's an obsession...but it keeps me motivated. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this here
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:51 AM   #6  

Amanda, I don't think you are losing too fast right now but your goals seem pretty high to me. It will be hard to lose that much weight so fast. Don't get too upset if it doesn't happen. Losing 8 pounds in 20 days is asking a LOT for anyone, even if you had a lot more to lose than you do. That goal may be attainable too....like Lizzbabe said, it will get harder as you go. I congratulate you on losing so fast though, I can't lose more than 1.75 in any given week, no matter what I do, but of course I'm diabetic so that makes it harder. Losing even a pound or two a week is good progress. Good luck and just don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen so fast, ok?

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I'm at 209 this week, down 1 pound.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote