Old 06-03-2005, 01:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Default high heels on a big girl!

do any of you have foot problems. I used to be fine in heels but now my feet hurt so badly I ussaully just skip them. I wear lots of vintage 80's shoes and they have small heels and lately even they hurt my feet. I keep saying that its the extra weight I am carrying but I'm wondering if it is or if I've messed my feet up.
When I go out, I always want to wear heels to feel cute but some times I can't take the pain. Ussually after a drink or two though, they are pretty numb
has anyone that has lost weight noticed a difference in how your feet feel? I'm hopeing that once I am down a little more I'll be able to get back into them.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Go to a doctor. Really.

I am not a true heel wearer but pain is pain and you shouldn't have it.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:42 PM   #3  
Chubbles

all i have to say is SCREW heels! after I got over 160 I stopped wearing them...even the thick heels. I remember for my birthday last year my mom bought me these cute boots, with thin high heels...i wore them and I was like ok, I can wear these for maybe an hour at a time, If I go eat somewhere nice or something...I walked outside, and it had just rained, and the heels made me SINK into the ground! Then I fell down because it made me lose my balance. So yeah I have banned high heels from my closet ever since then :-p I don't think its particularly good for your feet either, all that weight being carried in one spot on your feet. ouch
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:47 PM   #4  

My feet never really hurt from wearing high heels, but if I was wearing 3 inch heels or higher out where I would be standing or walking for hours it would get uncomfortable. I have definitely noticed that I am more comfortable in heels without all of the extra weight. I have one pair of sandals that used to really make the balls of my feel tired after a while, I put them away and forgot about them for a while. Now I wear them all the time and my feet are fine, I've walked miles in them without a problem. I think it might be a combination of having less weight on my feet and having a fitter body to support what weight there is.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:34 PM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

I've definitely noticed that I can wear heals for a lot longer without my feet hurting. I used to go clubbing all the time when I was heavy and my friend would moan that I was always complaining about my feet!

Then I started buying flats and roamed about in sneakers for ages, but recently I needed a pair of shoes at short notice to go with an outfit (and to manage a broken toe too! ) and the only pair that would do was a high heeled pair. I wore them all day without too much problem. I still love my flatties though!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

A higher heel does tend to hurt my feet after awhile. I have these high sandals that I wear only if I know I'm not going to have to stand in the for too long
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:18 AM   #7  
One day at a time...

High heels are too sexy for me to stop wearing but...my mom (medical professional and former high heeler) says it is absolutely too dangerous to wear them regardless of your weight.
April_Showers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 05:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Ok, so I finally went to the Podiatrist and found out what is up withmy feet. Ihave an irregular shaped food making it hard to find shoes that fit properly but on top of that, I have something that pinches the nerves expecially when youare on the balls of your feet (wearing high heels). The doctor gave me this little pad to stick in my shoes and said I should be good to go. No perminant damage or anything.
I also found out that I have an injury in my heel that I must of sustained when I played soccer in Highschool that I didn't even know about its like part of the bone broke off. Oh what an enlightening doctor visit. at least I go the OK to try heels again.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote