Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2001, 03:50 PM   #1  
Exercise Vidiot

Angry

I haven't been around much because I've been spending most of my time at the 100lb club forum, but I'm going to try to spend some more time over here.

I'm doing really well, losing almost every week since I started on March 30th. Even better, my blood pressure is totally back to normal. I feel like I'm really going to make it this time! It's very, VERY slow, but it is coming off, and I've heard that those who lose weight slowly are more likely to keep it off, so I try to keep that in mind.

I hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 06-05-2001, 10:41 AM   #2  

Default can I get some tips?

Hey Fitbabe !! How much have you lost so far and what excersize tips can you give? I've been walking because that's all I can do for now (I'm injured).
Old 06-05-2001, 08:35 PM   #3  

Talking

Hey! I am new here, and looking for friends. I need to find some help for support. I have been walking for about the last month, I walk about an hour a day. I started the Slim Fast stuff this week. I think I am doing good on it. I need to find some other ways of exercise. I would like to walk farther but my walking partener Simba (a dog) gets tired on me. If you have anything that you would like to share with me you can email me at [email protected].....I would like to email you all back if you like!
Amy
Old 06-06-2001, 02:02 PM   #4  
Exercise Vidiot

Hi!

So far I've lost 14 lbs (about 1.25 lbs per week). Personally I use exercise videos because I like having a lot of variety. That way I can do a little bit of everything -- dance, yoga, taebo, strength training. I usually do 2 or 3 tapes (30 to 45 minutes each) per day now but I started with just one a day. If you like walking, those Walk Away the Pounds tapes by Leslie Sansone (you may have seen the infomercial on tv) are great. I order all of my videos from http://www.collagevideo.com -- you can watch little clips of the videos before buying them and they have lots of videos that aren't in the stores.

What I've found really helps is recording all of my food and exercise each day. For that I use http://www.fitday.com --it calculates all your calories and nutritional info, as well as the calories you burn (even doing things like cleaning the house), and it makes a graph of your weight loss progress.

The biggest thing I've learned is that you must drink lots of water. The weeks I drink at least 8 glasses of water per day I lose more weight. It's hard to drink all that water but it works!

Good luck!
Old 06-07-2001, 08:46 AM   #5  

Smile Thanks Fitbabe

Thanks for telling me about the 8 glasses of water thing, I try to drink a lot of water but now I will just do it ! Good luck and keep going .I'll report back on my weight loss. Right now I'm restricted to stretches and walking but it has been so beautiful outside that I don't dare complain
Closed Thread