Old 05-18-2005, 03:26 PM   #1  

Default New here

My name is Sherry (24) mom to Bryce (2), stepmom to Lil' Dave (11), and wife to Dave (30). I am at 240 pounds as of right now, a while back I went on a "Diet" or something to that effect lost 20 pounds and had a relaps I guess you could say. I have a fertility problem called PCOS, I have found that out only recently, I have also done research on it. I want to start TTCing naturally or at least with herbs of some sort this time instead of going to the fertility doctor like last time. Most of the subjects on it say that it will help to lose weight and that I would have more of a chance TTCing if I did.
I would also like to lose weight for myself so that I can go to a pool in the summer, go to the beach, go anywhere mostly and not feel like everyone is looking at me and saying "Wow where did that whale come from?". I have been fat since the 2nd grade so I've heard it all and seen it all from those types of people and after a while your self esstem takes a toll and goes down the tubes.
But right now the biggest reason is for TTCing. I'm looking for support and maybe guidance in weight loss areas because lets face it I've been struglling with my weight since the 2nd grade with really no luck at all.
Skysthelimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:04 PM   #2  
Bye bye baby weight!!

S/C/G: 242/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sherry! My name is Leanne and I'm 27. Married but no kids yet. I have 70lbs to lose and then I'm going to try for a baby too. I think I might have some sort of fertility issue but I don't know what, yet. I haven't been using birth control for around 4 years and I have never (not even accidentally) gotten pregnant. I figure until I'm actually trying, I'm not going to worry about it too much. Right now I'm focused on getting healthy and of course, sexy . Anyway, welcome!! And if you need a buddy...I'm here. Stay positive You can do it!!!
leannealise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:58 PM   #3  

Thanks my goal is also to get down to 130. I'm thinking of starting little by little and then become stricter with myself the first of next month. The next time we go shopping for groceries I am going to make myself buy healthier stuff which will be hard since the food is calling out to me there . I'm going to start excercising everyday little by little too but with a two year old that can get a little hard. Thats my plan little by little I'll get this started last time I jumped into it did well (lost 20 pounds) then had what I call a relaps (the kids plus I got sick and such) and I fell out of it and haven't gotten myself back up untill now. Everything that I lost I gained back . My main thing is trying to replace the sweet tea I drink with water instead and exercising. I right now feel like I have no energy. Have you heard of the Weightsmart vitimans by one a day are those any good for giving you energy?
Old 05-18-2005, 06:43 PM   #4  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Sherry, welcome! I think a lot of us around here have had "relapses"! I lost 30 lbs a couple years ago, only to gain it all back, and more! This time I'm hoping it stays off for good. I'm not married and I don't have any kids, but I live with my bf and I'm hoping we'll be engaged sometime in the next year! I think there are a couple other people around here and on the support forum who are trying to lose weight before getting pregnant; you might want to check out the support forum.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 10:19 PM   #5  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Sherry - I understand that PCOS can also make losing weight extra challenging. You are more than welcome here, but you might also want to check out the "dieting with obstacles" forum. I know that there are a lot of wonderful posters there too.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:11 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone, I will check them out too. I am hoping it will go as well as last time but with no relapses this time . Hopeing to get to know ya'll better.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Sherry- I have also heard that lsoing weight when you have PCOS is slower. But you can do it! I have seen other posters on this website who have been able, so you can too.

I have tried the WeightSmart vitamins and didn't care for them. They advert the green tea extract which is supposed to be good for you/promote weight loss, but the pills also have caffeine in them. I don't drink a lot of caffeine so the pills always upset my stomach if I hadn't eaten a meal before hand (a snack was just not enough) and they always left me feeling kind of "heady". I went back to the regular One a days and just decided to try and drink more green tea! Which has a side benefit of decreasing my apetite also.
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I use the weightsmart. I think they are good but, I didn't realise they have caffinee in them. I always take them with breakfast and I'm also having coffee. that might be to much caffeine ooopps...
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote