3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Hey all, newbie here! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/57149-hey-all-newbie-here.html)

gypzye 04-29-2005 01:38 PM

Hey all, newbie here!

Thought I'd introduce myself! :) I'm 22, live in Phoenix, have a bf and a Golden Retriever (and both are even lazier than me!). Right now, I'm 5'5" and 153("ish") pounds.

So basically I was that girl that everybody hated (you know... never worked out but always thin and fit) until a couple years ago. I got a sedentary job, and a sedentary boyfriend, and the weight started creeping on. In the last year and a half I've put on about 30 pounds, which has wreaked havoc on my self-esteem... and my wallet, since I've had to buy a whole new wardrobe!!

It doesn't seem like much but the way that I have put on the weight makes me very uncomfortable.. it has all gone to my midsection, butt and thighs. I no longer possess a waist, although I sport an adorable :rolleyes: little Buddha belly. And apparently I am prone to cellulite and stretch marks, because I now have them in abundance. Who gets stretch marks on their knees?? I didn't even gain any weight around my knees!!!!! :mad:

So I am SICK of the rolls and the cottage cheese (can't do anything about the stretch marks, sigh) and I am really, honestly going to do something about it this time. I am going today after work to join a gym and I AM GOING TO GO. (I have a bit of an issue with motivation: I have none.)

At my sexiest I weighed in at about 125 pounds of lean muscle, and that is my goal. It was only five years ago. I can still get that body back.

I am going to be getting married sometime in the next couple years (depends on how long he takes to ask ;) ) and dammit, I am going to be smokin' hot in the pictures.

Anyway, hi. :wave:

paperclippy 04-29-2005 01:47 PM

Hi Gypzye, welcome! You're an inch taller than me, but other than that we're about the same size! I haven't weighed 125 since I was 14, so my goal right now is 130 (I have a pretty large frame), but maybe you will motivate me to get down to 125 too!

gypzye 04-29-2005 01:57 PM

Hello, paperclippy! :) I've read a few of your posts around the forum and I think YOU will be motivating ME!! :lol:

I have a pretty small frame, so 125 is both reasonable and realistic. Actually, at 125, people always thought I weighed twenty pounds less. Right NOW, people think I weigh 130-ish... people always think I weigh much less than I actually do, probably because I have a small frame. And I do carry my weight fairly well, so long as I have clothes on. ;)

NYCT1981 04-29-2005 03:19 PM

hey gypzye, best of luck!

i know what you mean about the weight feeling uncomfortable. thats how i felt when i first got started... it was like "ugh" i just wasnt comfortable in my own skin, at all. i'm sure you can definitely get your old body back!

jenicra 04-29-2005 07:04 PM

Welcome gypzye and good luck to you!

Jessie_777 04-30-2005 03:04 PM

Welcome Gypzye! :wave:

gypzye 04-30-2005 07:37 PM

Hey y'all, thanks so much for the encouragement! :)