Old 04-13-2005, 12:00 PM   #1  

Default Fast track transformation?

Hi All
I've been lurking for months, and thought I should finally introduce myself. I'm 27 (not looking forward to being 28 - you can always pretend you're still in your mid-twenties at 27!).

I have put on about 10 pounds since I got married a couple of years ago. Ten pounds might not seem very much to some people, but I notice it, especially as I have a round face and a small 5 foot 1 inch frame.

I recently read some articles about David Kirsch, who devised the New York Body Plan. It is a two week intense body system, which apparently helps you shift the last few pounds that give the most trouble. Has brilliant reviews on Amazon.

Has anyone tried it? I have purchased it and am impatiently awaiting my copy. It still hasn't been dispatched yet

The plan involves eating a clean diet of lean proteins mostly, plus about 1.5 hours exercise a day. The copy I ordered comes with a DVD of the cardio sculpting workouts, which can easily be done at home.

My downfall is that I lose patience with any diet plan after a few weeks, but even I can stick to something for two weeks. I'm hoping it will help me stay on course with the fast results. And apparently the recipes in the book are delicious too, which is good as I love cooking
I'll look forward to making friends with you all!
Ella77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:17 PM   #2  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ella, welcome! I know what you mean about 10lbs being a lot. Since I'm 5'4", 20 lbs is a huge amount for me. For even shorter people, even one pound can be huge, but if you're 6 feet tall one pound is nothing!

I'm skeptical of anything that says you'll lose weight that fast. In general, you can lose up to 6lbs your first week of dieting b/c of water weight, and you shouldn't lose more than 2lbs/week after that to do it at a healthy rate. They generally say that it should take as long to lose the weight as it took you to put it on. I think it's also been the case that the faster you lose your weight, the more likely you are to gain it back again afterward. I think a lot of people around 3FC say that if you think of going on a diet, you are more likely to gain back than if you think you are changing your lifestyle to be healthier.

Maybe instead of doing a severe diet for two weeks, you could make some tiny change in your everyday habits that will make you lose weight in the long term?

I mean, different things work for different people, so if this is what will work for you, by all means go for it. I'm just thinking of my own experience, where I went on a major diet and lost 30lbs in 3 months, then gained it all back the next year. This time around I'm trying to lose for life.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I saw that David guy on the today show. He diet seems to be pretty intense but if you are able to stick it out, it looked like it would work. I'm not any where close to my last 10 pounds so I just kind of stored him in the back of my head to pull up when I hit a platue or something.
Once you get the book, let us know how it is.
Good luck.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote