Old 03-21-2005, 10:44 PM   #1  
But Want The Body Too!!

Default Anyone Else Experience This?

OKay this is my problem.. I feel absolutely horrible when I eat after a certain time.. Ive posted that I try not to eat after 6:30 at night.. And Im VERY good at not doing that.. But like tonight, I got some reduced fat crackers and a glass of skim milk.. And I feel horrible! I really do.. I know its not a bad thing, but Im just wondering if anyone else experiences this? Feeling horrible after eattng certain foods or anything along those lines..
Beautiful_Inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:09 AM   #2  

you should feel super grrrrrrrrreat about this... i think there s nothing wrong with u.. just that your stomach isnt used to working after say 6:30.. so any food after that will give u gastric disturbances.. in the form of gases, heart burn.... feeling like ur stomach is about to burst.... etc
take me for example. i cant digest any food before noon... and i mean absolutely nothing.. i ve been told that skipping breakfast is a very bad habit and might give me a peptic ulcer later in life so i started having breakfast ... but even a glass of milk in the morning will ruin my whole day.. i just cant stand food before noon.. or maybe even 1 -2 pm...
but unlike skipping breakfast, having an early dinner is quite healthy, so i say listen to ur body.. if it doesnt want any food after 6:30 then dont give it any... it s probably busy doing some other activity u re unaware of... and even if u arent a person that closely follows a 'time schedeul"... your body has a very accurate biological clock
deeyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:47 AM   #3  

hey good job!!! I'm trying not to eat 3 hours before bedtime, which, usually, is 10pm. But I've been good lately. I wouldn't feel bad about a few crackers. I, on the other hand, used to try not to eat after dinner. But if I screwed up and had dessert, I'd binge the rest of the night away. That resulted in a gain of 10 lbs that i'm trying to lose. My point is, don't beat yourself up, because the negative feelings can lead to overeating.
MissyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:11 AM   #4  
But Want The Body Too!!

Well I feel horrible if I eat after 6:30.. I really do.. mentally and physically.. ive noticed that if I eat after 6:30 my body just doesnt digest it at all, I literally feel sick to my stomach.. On top of that I beat myself up over it.. Even if it is just a few crackers
Old 03-24-2005, 11:36 AM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Beautiful Inside: Don't beat yourself up. You should listen to your body, maybe start out by having a time of 7:30, then work your way to 7, then 6:30, then 6. I also am doing the whole not eating after 6pm to. I have been doing it for the past year, and I can really tell a difference in how flat my stomach is getting. I used to have dinner late at night, and it would be my biggest meal of the day. So, some nights when I find myself going through the cupboards at night, after 6, I dont' beat myself up. I know how far I've come, and I'm not going to be perfect, and sometimes, the hunger that I might be experiencing is my body telling me something. Sometimes you have to listen to your body. by the way, hey, you had a few crackers and some milk, it's not like you ate the rest of the lasagna sitting in the fridge, along with a couple bowls of ice cream. Just try your best, and that's all you can do. How long have you been doing the not eating after 6 thing btw? TAke care!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 11:45 AM   #6  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I have a question for you guys . . . do you think it is not eating before bed that is helping, or is it just that by not eating after a certain time you are eating less overall? I try to watch my calorie intake, but my bf and I get home pretty late (after 7) some nights so we can't eat dinner before 7:30 a lot of the time, and we go to bed at 10. Does this make me keep more fat around?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:09 PM   #7  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

I work until 7 or 8 at night, it takes me 20 min to get home, then I work out for about 45 min...
I don't get to eat dinner until usually 8:30 or 9 at night. Then I go to bed about 10:30. I've managed to lose quite well even though I'm eating at a "taboo" time. As long as you eat sensibly and exercise it really dosen't matter what time you eat at!
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Me personally I have the opposite problem as you. If I don't eat in the evenings I get major stomach aches (Upset stomach, cramps, heartburn). Usually this only occurs if I am up after 11:00 and haven't eaten since dinner and a quick glass of milk takes care of the problem.

Beautiful- Don't feel mentally bad about eating in the evenings just because you have been told its "bad". I agree its just a matter of eating sensibly. However, if the evenings are a tuff time for you to eat sensibly then its a good idea to not eat then.

Everyone should remember...We all just need to do what works best for us. Whether or not it works for someone else. Give something a shot. If it works great. If not keep looking for something that does work. I have been reading through some posts in the maintainers forum (people I figure who know what they are doing because they made it) and everyone there keeps talking about how the method they used to lose weight worked because it was personal and right for them.

So if eating after 6:30 makes you sick don't do it, and when you do don't beat yourself up over it. You probably already feel bad enough as it is.
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 02:07 PM   #9  
PACKERS FAN!

I agree with Skinnyjeans. Everyone's body is different and reacts differently. I read Overcoming Overeating (I forget the authors right now). It's a very good book that put things in perspective for me.

Basically, you body knows what it needs and will want it when it needs it. I'm talking nutrition, not gooey, fudgy brownines a la mode. Our bodies were designed to run off of certain foods that give us nutrition. The biggest hurdle is listening to your body. It will tell you when it is hungry (not munchy) and what it's hungry for, veggies, fruit, meat, grains, etc. Just listen.

I can tell you that when I have listened to my body, I feel good. But it's learning to trust your body's signals that's the hard part. If you've got questions about the book and don't want to pick it up (pretty cheap--pocket book), I'd be happy to answer questions about it. Man, with all the knowledge I have about nutrition/exercise, you'd think I'd be able to apply it!
fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 06:00 PM   #10  
But Want The Body Too!!

Actually Ive been doing it for a few months now and its honestly helped me lose weight.. And I really dont get hungry.. The night I had crackers was the first time and it was because of PMS and I wanted something.. But it does help.. I heard somewhere that if you set a time like that, and dont eat anything after.. You will see pounds drop.. Think about it, when you're in front of the TV or at the computer, what are you doing? If you're like me, normally you have something to munch on.. Before I started this it was always candy or chips, unhealthy things.. Now I just dont do it and dont have a need or a want, to do it either..

But I can say this, Ive been doing it so long and my body has gotten so used to it that if I do eat after 6:30 I get stomach cramps.. Bad! That's enough to make you not want to munch! LOL..
Old 03-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #11  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

sometimes I can't believe that I used to eat like a bunch, I would have two plates also of whatever I was eating for dinner, and then just hop into bed! Knowing that my body is going to have to digest it all, but am putting my body in sleep mode, so my body is having to work really hard, not good for you.

The cutting off eating early in the eventing works for me. I ususally pack my dinner along w/ my lunch, because I work all day, and have class at night. It's all about planning, if you are serious about what is going to go in your body, as far as food goes.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote