Old 03-07-2005, 08:06 PM   #1  
But Want The Body Too!!

Unhappy Needing some motivation

Hi Ladies.. Ive hit a rut.. I just dont seem to have the energy to workout anymore.. I do it everyday.. I make sure that I dont eat after 6:30.. Plenty of water.. No junk food.. So as far as eating, Im good.. But getting the energy to workout is where Im having a problem.. Ive got to do this.. Not just for my fiance but for myself as well.. I want that body Ive always dreamt of.. I want to be able to wear the cute clothes and not things to cover myself up in.. I want to step on the scale and see a number less that what I see everyday.. I want to see things get toned.. Ive not been heavy my whole life.. Half of my life, yes.. Ive tried diets, and they dont seem to work.. The only thing Ive found that works for me is SlimFast shakes and TrimSpa.. Before anyone says diet pills are bad.. I know they are.. But it works for me so Im sticking to it..

What do you ladies do to motivate yourself? When you dont want to workout, what's the one thing that will MAKE you workout?? Please help.. Ive got 3 months exactly to lose at least 30 pounds.. And I know I can do it.. 10 pounds a month, surely this shouldnt be a problem.. Ive dropped it before..

What are your weight loss secrets?? Do tell!!
Beautiful_Inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 12:26 AM   #2  
Niccole

The thing that helped me was getting someone to go to the gym with me-- and I would start out by going to aerobics classes-- even just two a week.
I did that and after 2 months could really see a difference especially in my fitness level-- and once you are in the routine you feel like going more...

I've often heard that if you don't want to go-- just put on your workout clothes and lace up your shoes-- once you've gone that far its so easy to just walk out the door.
Niccole2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Are you sure you're eating enough calories to fuel your workouts? Sometimes if you go down too low you are left without any energy to motivate you. If it's cold where you are, get a couple good workout DVDs and promise yourself that if you workout X times per week you'll treat yourself with a manicure, new clothes, etc. If it's not too cold just take a stroll around your neighborhood for starters and increase the distance over time. Just my two cents!
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:09 PM   #4  
But Want The Body Too!!

Ive actually got someone that's going to start going to the gym with me tomorrow.. She needs motivation and so do I.. I think we will be a good team together
Old 03-08-2005, 09:13 PM   #5  
But Want The Body Too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzbabe
Are you sure you're eating enough calories to fuel your workouts? Sometimes if you go down too low you are left without any energy to motivate you. If it's cold where you are, get a couple good workout DVDs and promise yourself that if you workout X times per week you'll treat yourself with a manicure, new clothes, etc. If it's not too cold just take a stroll around your neighborhood for starters and increase the distance over time. Just my two cents!
Ive actually got a few workout DVDs because there are times that its cold here.. Im in the MIdwest.. So its 70 one da and 30 the next.. LOL.. As far as calories.. Im eatting enough believe me.. Haha.. Its just that it seems Ive lost the motivation even though I know this is something that I NEED to do
Old 03-08-2005, 11:59 PM   #6  
Niccole

Good for you for getting a gym buddy-- I know that even today I went because I didn't want to let my friend down
Old 03-09-2005, 06:33 PM   #7  

Gym buddies are great. Mine got a new boyfriend and QUIT. I was so mad. We joined together and when she went, I went all the time! Im ashamed to say attendance has dropped dramatically since then. I hate that.
TaraJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 07:52 PM   #8  
But Want The Body Too!!

Okay.. So my exercise buddy sucks!! I asked her to go the day before yesterday and she was sick.. Yesterday she hurt her hand.. SO I flat out asked when she was going to go and she says Monday.. Well.. She's being such a pain that I got someone else!! She's willing to go Monday-Thursday with me.. She will start on Monday, so Im on my own this weekend but that's fine.. Because we both have the same goals to get to which is awesome!!
Old 03-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #9  
Niccole

Good for you for finding a new buddy!!! It sucks when you buddy doesn't live up to the commitment
Old 03-11-2005, 11:20 PM   #10  
But Want The Body Too!!

No kidding!! Im really disappointed because she really wanted to do this but its just excuse after excuse.. So I found someone else to go with me.. Maybe she doesnt truly want to get into better shape but I do!
Old 03-13-2005, 10:53 AM   #11  

Beautiful Inside~

I learned the hard way when I joined a gym with friends. I thought that I could use them to help motivate me into going... turned into the opposite! In the end, we hardly went at all and fed off each other's bad habits of not going! I tried two to three different buddies. In the end I have realized that I need to find it within myself to be motivated.

Things that motivate me:

1. This may not apply, but my biggest motivator is that I am getting married in October and I would like to have put a dent in my weight loss. I keep thinking about how most people (relatives who have not seen me since I was in high school) have not seen me this fat and how I would love to feel pretty and good about myself in my dress. Do you have some sort of event that you are working towards? A trip or anything?

2. Good music! Make a mix cd of music that really gets you excited. I have found once I get myself on that dreaded treadmill if the music is pumping it keeps me motivated and time flies!

3. Don't say I will excercise at some point today. Establish a routine! I find that if I firmly have a set time in my head when I am going to work out I will do it. If I just think to myself, oh I will workout some time tomorrow I don't quite get my lazy *** going.

I too hope to lose 30 lbs by June So it looks like we are on the same track

Good luck!

Liz
elsbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:31 AM   #12  
But Want The Body Too!!

Thanks Liz!!! Actually Im going to be meeting someone in June.. And we plan on getting married in 2008.. That is a huge motivator for me and he is very supportive in this, makes sure everyday that Im working out and all.. So yes, that is a HUGE motivator for me.. I did just get my MP3 player and I put some new more upbeat music on it.. I think that will help because the workout room has a TV but country music just doesnt do it and MTV doesnt really air videos when Im in there.. LOL.. And I have recently updated my workout and I have a set time of when Im going to work out that seemed to help before so Im going to try it now and see if it helps.. I keep all my equipment.. My weights and stability ball out so they're not hidden or anything like that.. I also bought a dry erase board that Ive got up and I put little motivational saying on it also and that's where I keep track of my progress.. Its really helpful.. I really hate that people get me so pumped up and ready to get out and workout and then they make up excuses.. And they also get thierselves pumped up too.. This girl was ready.. I mean she wanted me to call her and remind her to put some clothes in her car and everything.. But it was just excuse after excuse.. But the tips from you ladies is helping alot.. Ive been working out on my own and I feel good.. I definately feel better!
Old 03-13-2005, 02:54 PM   #13  

Hey Beautiful. You are meeting him in June? Did you guys meet online?
TaraJW is offline   Reply With Quote