Old 11-19-2004, 11:01 AM   #1  
Ash

Default A new type of workout?

My boyfriend just purchased an XBox a few weeks ago and we went to purchase some games for it. While at the store I saw a game called Dance Dance Revolution. I have never heard of this game before, but the version I saw in the store says that it has "workout mode". Is anyone familiar with this? Is it worth it? I want to try to get him to workout with me and if it involves his new Xbox, he is going to be more willing. Thanks girls!
Ashren80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:15 AM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

Hey Ash, my boyfriend is a video game freak (we had to get a 2 bedroom just so he could put all his stuff in there) and we have DDR. It is fun and I think it would be a fun way for you guys to work out together. It can definitely be a hard workout if you want it to be.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:39 AM   #3  
Ash

Thanks for the great info Megan. I'm not a good dancer, but I figure if I have a screen to watch and repeat moves, I might get better! I'm just afraid of falling on my butt!
Ashren80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:35 PM   #4  
Building my Body for Life

We have the game as well. It's pretty fun but it takes a while to be able to do the harder levels. You can set it for how many calories you want to burn and it will keep up with it for you.

Pretty cool and definitely different. Just be careful if you live in an upstairs apartment or something. It could get annoying to the neighbors.
Fitchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 02:35 PM   #5  
Building a Better Me

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/250

Height: 5'3"

I couldn't really get into this one; I mean it's fun with my friends, but I can't get much of a workout from it...

Instead I got Yourself!Fitness for XBox and love it so far
Jacque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:46 PM   #6  

I love DDR and it can definately be a hard workout!!

It is also really hard and I got discouraged really fast until I discovered workout mode... you can easily adjust the difficulty level for this.

As far as being a good dancer, you do not need to be.. I think you'd look rather strange doing DDR dance moves at a club or something (then again DDR is pretty big now.. so maybe it's cool now lol)

It takes coordination more then anything... FI and I also picked out these mats with sticks that you can play fighting games with... basically these sticks have sensors to detect when you kick and stuff... great workout.. but they take so much room in the living room
Vero is offline   Reply With Quote