Old 10-17-2004, 12:05 PM   #1  
kelly

Default hiya! new here...

hello ladies... Im new here and just wanted to pop in and say hiya! I was reading some of the threads...The ladies that posted your wedding pictures are sooooooooooo beautiful! Congrats also. I just got married in Sept. but it was thru the court. Sometime next yr I will have the "re-newing the vows" type thing w/the dress and party and all...cant wait! I posted a lil Bio about myself in the Atkins area so feel free to check it out!!! I look forward to meeting and chatting with some of ya and sharing our stories....

have a good day ladies!
mrskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:38 AM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

Hi Kelly, I read your bio on the atkins board - WELCOME! yay, glad to have you here. I hope you post a lot here, this is a great board.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:36 AM   #3  
kelly

Thanks TannyMc!!! I noticed under your pic icon your from or in Ct. Where abouts? My family is in Ct also. I have family in Milford, New haven, and West Haven. My mom just went up for a visit. I wanted to go sooooooooo bad. Im from Florida but my whole family is from Ct. I love to go and visit..mmmm
All the Italian bakeries and pizzerias!!!! Send me some!!! hehehehee... wait, you cant. Im on a diet!!!!!
Old 10-18-2004, 11:00 AM   #4  
Movin' and Losin'

Welcome, mrskelly! We're glad to have you around! Looking forward to getting to know you better.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:26 AM   #5  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

lol Kelly, I live in Branford so, I am close to your family (Branford is right after east haven). I went to high school in Milford. I know what you mean about all the pizza and italian bakeries - my friends get into in-depth analysis of all of the different pizza from the different places. i think this is the first time that i have heard someone say "i wanted to go soooo bad" about connecticut, hahaha.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:24 PM   #6  

Welcome Mrs. Kelly! Congrats on getting married!!! That sounds like a great idea with the renewal of vows and the party!
So are you doing Atkins? How long have you been doing that diet? I've done Atkins in the past and it worked great for me, but I missed bread way too much!
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:25 PM   #7  
kelly

hahaha I know. I have some friends there and they think Im crazy for wanting to go there. Things there are just diff then in Fla. Well, I just recently moved to Ga. But still, there is no place like up north for pizzerias, bakeries, and close knit families. Not saying anywhere else isnt. I dunno. Maybe cause all my family is there and it just feels like that when we all are together. Im actually thinking of having a lil get together at an italian restaurant there. I recently got married thru the court, but next yr will either have a cruise down in Fla or go to Ct. w/family for I guess whats called, "renewing of the vows"...They had a huge party for my Uncle at this italian restaurant there and they said it was beautiful and the food was good..and it was even affordable! So..its an idea. Hows the weather?
Old 10-18-2004, 12:29 PM   #8  
kelly

tonic- yea for the "wedding thing"..I would either like to go up north or go on a cruise...I still have some time yet. But either way Im sure will be alot of fun! Yes Im on Atkins...I did it last yr and lost 14lbs...and they went off it and went downhill...Now Im trying. Its hard..it really is...I started yesterday and alrdy messed up this am for breakfast. Instead of giving up, I'll just continue and prob go walk around the block or something. Are you still on Atkins?
Old 10-18-2004, 12:37 PM   #9  

mrskelly - Nope not on Atkins anymore. I did it on and off for about 1 year. I lost about 40 pounds switching between it and low cal/low fat. I just can't be on Atkins for too long. The best part of Atkins is that it forced me to switch to Diet Coke.
I havent really been on a diet in the last year due to all my focus being on wedding planning, work and grad school. Now I am refocusing on weight loss and trying to get back into shape. I haven't gained much weight but I have lost muscle.. if that makes sense.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:09 PM   #10  
kelly

So now do you just watch what you eat and eat certain things in moderation? Everytime I fail at starting Atkins, I try to do that. Sometimes I think that way is better for me then Atkins. But Im gonna try Atkins for a bit and see what happens..
Old 10-18-2004, 02:59 PM   #11  

Mrskelly - Personally.. I find that Atkins works best for me when trying to lose weight. I can maintain just fine if I watch what I eat (eat healthy foods, try not to overeat, eat low cal/low fat). I think part of that is that my metabolism has increased from the weightloss and exercise. So my body is a bit more forgiving with what I eat.
I do eat crap every now and then.. but it seems to balance out.