Old 08-23-2004, 01:05 PM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Weekly Chat 8/22-8/28

Hey Girlys!!!! Happy Monday!

Let's have a bunch of losers this week!!!!

I just got back from a weekend getaway to San Antonio. I am so proud of the food decisions I made. I can really tell that after a year of really re-learning what to eat, when to eat it is becoming easier to do. Going on vacation or any food centered activity...birthdays, weddings, resteraunts etc. used to be such a downfall for me. I can honestly say this weekend I for sure know that I'm in control again and not the food.

I am proud of myself...it's been a long road. It's good to see that I can change!

Girls, have a great week!!!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 05:53 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Well done beans!

I'm still chuffed about my 3lb loss! He He!

However, I think I overdid it on the exercise front, I feel a bit exhausted today!

I've got to print out my portfolio for this engineering company I might be getting a graphics placement with, and get breakfast! lol Then I'll go for a nice nap later on!

Laters Ladies!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:04 PM   #3  
2blessed2Bstressed

A nap sounds good right about now .....z...z.zzz
Old 08-25-2004, 05:38 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hey girls!

I went to kickboxing last night and this morning I'm down another pound or two - can't really tell, my scales are hard to read, but YAY!

YAYYAY
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:58 PM   #5  

spillthebeans, how do you eat differently now than you used to? I am really struggling with trying to change my eating habits, by eating healthy foods, rich in nutrients, and becoming more active. I was doing good for a while, but some how fell. I keep falling over and over (hence the skinned knees ) Do you have any advice for me?
skinned knees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 05:15 PM   #6  
2blessed2Bstressed

First off it's nice to meet you, and welcome Skinned Knee!

Mmmhh, where do I start. I knew that I was eating way more than I was using. So doing the math, I changed up the equaton. I began to eat less, and work out more.

I started to plan my meals, take my lunch to work, no fast food, and no eating after 6pm, no more cokes, drink lots of water. Those few changes made, and I really began to lose the weight. Soon, I started to walk at the track, and later joined a gym and started lifting weights...the lbs were coming off. As time has gone by I have learned more about nutrition and excercise as I've been on this journey, and I'm still learning things to.

It's been tough, there were times when I would have to be really strong and say no to that peice of cake at work, or ordering a salad when everyone else is ordering fried foods. Don't get me wrong, I do indulge in the occassional sweet or fried food...but it's different now, it's a treat, I don't over eat, and I really enjoy it, not feel guilty about it later. There have been days where I'm soo exhausted and rather just sit in front of the t.v. but force myself to hit the gym for at least twenty minutes and all of those good decisions have really added up, just like all those bad ones had added up previously.

I don't think I know all the answers...just giving you an idea of some of the things I did. I'm still learning about what works for me, and I think I do better every day.

Good luck to you on your weight loss journey.

Last edited by spillthebeans; 08-25-2004 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:28 PM   #7  

Thanks for the input spill! I find it hard to stick to a rule. But so far today I've actually gotten through without my daily candy bar and snacks. I feel just as satisfied without it as when I was eating it. Can I make it two days?!!
skinned knees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:30 AM   #8  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

hey guys, i haven't been here all week but it isn't because i've been off plan!! i've been working at my new job all day and then working at my other job at night, so i've been getting home after 10. i'll have more time to write tomorrow on my day off. i've been doing really well with my eating, but i haven't had time to exercise much. that's okay, because i'm running around a lot. this weekend and next week i will have more time to exercise. and i lost a bit more, i weigh 157 now. so i have lost 10 pounds so far! only 7 pounds to my mini goal! life is good!!! okay gotta go!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 12:04 PM   #9  
Living the Laguna life...

Great job Tanny!
I hate when work gets in the way of excercising! I have dropped back down to 160..finally back on track! I have four pounds left until my labor day goal (yikes!) maybe i'll make it my goal for the week of labor day Weekends are almost always the hardest for me to stay on plan, so I'm going to try very hard sat and sun to eat right! Happy Friday to all!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 03:32 PM   #10  
2blessed2Bstressed

Thumbs up

Tgif!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!