Old 05-02-2004, 06:27 PM   #1  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Default Weekly Chatting Thread 5/2 to 5/8

How's everyone enjoying their May? It's beautiful, warm, and sunny here in Oregon - a girl could get used to this, you know?
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 11:36 AM   #2  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hey Jen! I'm with you...the sun is great! "it's beginning to feel a lot like summer!"

Have a Great and Healthy week everyone! Let's start May off with a BANG!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:17 PM   #3  

Its beautiful here too. A little windy, but nice and warm. I have my last class tonight! It will be so nice to be done with this semester. Even if I don't do so hot on the final tonight, I've got the highest grade in the class and a bunch of extra credit. I think as long as I read all the material today, I'll get out of that class with an A or B which is all I need to be happy.

I scheduled my real estate test on Friday morning. Another 2.5 hour drive, 3.5 hour test, and 2.5 hour drive to look forward to. I have put in some time studying already and plan on devoting Tuesday through Thursday to studying more.

I have felt really icky for the last 4 or 5 days. My tummy is angry. I know that time of the month is coming any time now and its probably just that. I haven't felt the way I usually do before it though. Normally my boobs ache and I get crampy. This month I just feel icky. I'm sure all of my recent stress is just throwing a wrench into my routine.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!
South Dakota Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:50 PM   #4  

I have a confession - I'm two-timing 3fatchicks on the e-diet.com's message boards. Forgive me, but I was falling off the wagon and decided to give their meal plans a try. I can tell you that their message boards are not as friendly as the ones here! In 13 weeks I'll let you know if the $39 for meal plans was worth it!

Has anyone else tried e-diets?
emilyatau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:26 PM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

Cool

What's Up everyone? We are not real chatty w/ the chat thread this week.

So here's a happy Hump day to everyone!

Tonight is my final final!!! Yeah, can't wait to turn the damn thing in tonight...it's my Microbiology class, and it's been kicking my butt all semester! It will be great to be done w/ school for a few weeks until I start summer school in June.

Well, I'm off to review some, and looking forward to
CANCUN, MX!!!! I leave on the 20th!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:41 PM   #6  
chocolate lover

hi everyone! hope you are all having a nice 1st week of May so far.

i'm a little down today, quite feverish from too much sun i guess... but i am quite elated cause i weighed in 2lbs lighter from last week (yay!) :P

spillthebeans, good luck on your finals! and glad to know you've already got your vacation all planned out. have fun ayt?
verabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:07 PM   #7  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Spillthebeans - lucky you, another term over AND a vacation?!?! How sweet is that?
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:15 PM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

How exciting!!! Cancun?!? Are you going with some with friends or family? I've been to Cozumel, and I absolutely loved it. It is so pretty there! How long will you be there? I would be counting down the days, if I were you...

Meredith: I hope you are feeling better and less stressed.

verabear: Congrats on the two-pound loss!

Emily: No, I've never tried e-Diets. I've been tempted, though. I need all the motivation and help I can get! Let us know how it goes.

I am back on track, in terms of eating and exercise, and it feels great! I just went through a very lazy, very unmotivated time, I guess. Thank goodness it's passed! May will be a good month!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:30 PM   #9  
2blessed2Bstressed

Jdogg: I'm gong with a friend, you know I'm so excited, I also am counting the hours. I've never been before, but I hear from everyone that I'll never want to come back

So, here's my motivation, I have fourteen days...is it unhealthy to try and lose five lbs in two weeks? What do you guys think? I plan on running the track every night, and drinking the water, and eating the rabbit food.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:18 PM   #10  

Spill, I don't think 5 is tooo unreasonable, but it is a bit of a push... They usually say 1-2 pounds a week is "safe". But I'm sure some of that depends on the person, TOM, etc. etc. Good luck... =)
deeloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 07:23 PM   #11  

Hey ladies!
We haven't been on this chatty thread too much this week, have we? Probably a lot of that has to do with lovely spring weather everywhere! I know it makes me want to get outside & just chill. (-;
I've had a "moment of clarity" today. I realized that I have been really babying myself, victimizing myself these past few months. I have been cutting myself WAY too much slack! In over 2 months, I have lost & gained, back & forth, with the SAME FIVE POUNDS. Realizing this made me mad at myself....and then it made me want to do something about it. So I'm doing my own little challenge--not because I'm exclusive (trust me, I'm not!), but because time-wise, it's linked to me & my husband's move back to my home, South Dakota. From this Sunday until right before we leave there are 7 weeks. I'm challenging myself to lose an average of 2 lbs per week, or 14 total pounds, before then. So, even though this isn't one of our board's "official" challenges, I will let ya'll know how it goes, and how I do. I want to be more accountable again! I also need to take advantage of my free, convenient workout gym, while I still have it (before we move). NOW is the time to lose the rest of this weight.
Well, now that I got that out of my system (just had to share!).....it's shower & supper time. I hope everyone's having a great Thurs. night & looking forward to a great weekend too!
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:31 AM   #12  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Jen,
I'm with you!!! We have the same goal weight and our current weights are pretty close too. I, too, have been playing around with the same 5 lbs since about December. I need to get over this little plateau!! I'm not sure if I can lose 2 lbs a week, but I'll sure try. The last weeks of this month will be tough since I'll be on vacation visiting the in-laws, but anything is possible, huh? Good luck!!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 06:12 PM   #13  

Lori, you CAN make wise choices during your time visiting your in-laws....and you always know that at the very least, you can at least choose to eat sensibly-sized portions of whatever's served! You might be pleasantly to find that that strategy, along with squeezing in some walking, will do well for ya! I hope it goes well & that you have a blast!
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:47 PM   #14  
chocolate lover

Goodluck to both of you, Lori and Jen!

Jen, i should take your lead and struggle to be more accountable about my health, and my weight. i'll be a little more harder on myself too, from now on. just a little though, i wouldn't want to NOT have fun. :P
verabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 04:09 AM   #15  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the encouragement Jen & Vera!! I haven't been to the states in almost 2 years and there are just so many restaurants calling my name!! I'll just have to make wise choises! Thanks for the advice Jen!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote