Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 03:02 PM   #1  
it's the getting up

Talking Lynnie....and anyone else with snack ideas

Hey Lynnie, I noticed that you were also doing flexpoints! I am starting classes on monday and will be packing lunches for the afternoons, I was just wondering if there where any good low point snacks that you like that would be easy to bring along with me. Lunch is the easy part, but I struggle with finding good snacks so any ideas would really help! Everyone else, I checked back on later threads and got some good ideas but many of them where kinda hard to carry, there is a microwave in the student union that I can use but no fridge/freezer so I am kinda limited. If ya'll have any ideas for snacks please help! Thanks in advance girls, I can't wait to see what ya'll come up with!
Old 09-25-2003, 03:20 PM   #2  
anna banana

Hi Jamie,

I don't know WW, so I don't know points, but my newly discovered snack of the moment is Cup-a-Soup Split Pea soup. I know that not everyone is a fan of split pea but if you make sure to mix it up really well (otherwise it's lumpy) it's a nice savory snack that's 80 calories with 1 g fat and 4 g protein, that really fills you up. And it comes in a packet so no fridge needed!
Old 09-25-2003, 03:59 PM   #3  

Some of my favorite snacks:

An apple with a tablespoon of low fat Jif peanut butter-this fills me up all morning long. I slice the apple and spead PB on each piece.= 2 points

Campbell's Soup at Hand. The Chicken and Stars is only one point, the Creamy Potato is 3 points.

2 slices of Reduced Fat American cheese and 10 Baked Ritz Chips=
3 points

Pretzel Rods are filling add some grapes for 3 points.

Yogurt is great, so are cereal bars.

Hope this helps!
Old 09-25-2003, 06:54 PM   #4  
Divine Gal

Default Re: Lynnie....and anyone else with snack ideas

Quote:
Originally posted by sunseeker_ak
Hey Lynnie, I noticed that you were also doing flexpoints! I am starting classes on monday and will be packing lunches for the afternoons, I was just wondering if there where any good low point snacks that you like that would be easy to bring along with me. Lunch is the easy part, but I struggle with finding good snacks so any ideas would really help! Everyone else, I checked back on later threads and got some good ideas but many of them where kinda hard to carry, there is a microwave in the student union that I can use but no fridge/freezer so I am kinda limited. If ya'll have any ideas for snacks please help! Thanks in advance girls, I can't wait to see what ya'll come up with!

Nabisco Graham Crackers9chocolate,cinnamon, honey)- 8 - 3 points
mini rice cakes (flavored- cheddar, chocolate,etc...)6mini cakes - 1 point
Quaker Oats 1 large rice cake( any flavor)- 1 point
Popcorn ( cheese flavored )- 1 cup - 1 point

fruit cups- ( dole mixed, peaches, pears etc...)- 1 point
grapes- 1 cup- 1 point
Crackers- ( peanut butter cheese etc... made by) 6 cracker sandwiches- 5 points
goldfishes- cheddar; 1 serving (30g)- 3 points
Old 09-26-2003, 11:36 AM   #5  
it's the getting up

Thanks girls, those are a big help. I'll have to take a trip to the store this weekend and stock up. I always tend to get into a food rut, and I've heard that's not so hot for your body, so thanks again!
Closed Thread