Old 03-06-2018, 11:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/270/130

Height: 5'3"

Default New here

Hello, my name is Amanda. I just found this website today. I just started on a journey to lose roughly 140 pounds, it is very intimidating so I am on a search to find other people who are going through a similar situation. I'd like to find some friends that can help support me and so that I can support them! I have a busy lifestyle and find a hard time getting my food prepared. I also struggle with binge eating since I have a lot of anxiety and depression. I have also made an appointment to see a psych APRN to help with the mental aspect as well. My goal is to become healthier in mind, body, and soul. It seems like I have tried to lose weight and failed 100 times before, but I am hoping to find success this time. I am open to any suggestions and tips any of you have.
Amanda133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:54 PM   #2  

Default hi

Hi im now here
EvaApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:44 PM   #3  
qqt

S/C/G: 72kg/71kg/50kg

Height: 165cm

Hey there! I just found this website too! haha! Same here, I have tried so many diet plans and failed at so many that sometimes I am just tired of trying. But I told myself that for once in my life I need to make it work. All those time and effort spent at planning is not going to waste. All that build-up was exactly for this moment, this time, that I am going to succeed.

So all the best to you too! I will be here to encourage and cheer you on!!

Cheers!!
qqt
qqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #4  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

I can see that this site hasnt been as busy as it used to be, please don't get discouraged. How has everyone been?
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:07 AM   #5  

Hey I'm panam
I have also recently joined. Could you hook me up with some one who is going through the same. If you know some one. Just looking for some people who are motivated and want to lose weight
Drivenforfatloss27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:26 AM   #6  

Default newbie

hi, im new here as well. looking forward to keep posted
vvbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 219/209.6/140

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone,

I have just joined the site, and am looking for the same thing as you all I think! Just a place to discuss progress/keep me accountable, and also somewhere to vent on the bad days!

A little about me:

I'm 25 (26 next month), female, living in London. I'm very social, love being around people (not that I let on my feelings around my weight to anyone), I also love to read and travel. I have had an awful relationship with food for as long as I can remember. I was always a chubby child, but piled on the lbs when I was an early teenager. When I was 16 I had a horse riding accident, and spent a lot of time in recovery and non-intentionally lost weight during this period. When I was back up and about, I became slightly addicted to restricted my food intake and lost even more weight, but was barely eating a thing. I got down to about 135lbs at my lowest. I don't know what snapped me out of this phase, I think it was seeing a friend go through severe bulimia, and I knew I didn't want to be that person. The weight slowly crept on again for the next few years. The last two have seen a good 30/40lb weight gain, as I've been struggling with anxiety/depression and use food as a way to feel bad about myself, a sort of punishment.

On the positive side, at the beginning of this year I decided to change. I'm bored of thinking "oh one day...", so I decided to start the 5:2 diet. For those who haven't heard of it, it's where you eat 500 kcals on 2 days of the week, and then eat 'normally' on the remaining five days. I lost 7lbs in the first 4 weeks, which, although slow, was a great feeling. I started incorporating a lot of positive things into my routine - a lot more walking, and just understanding more about what I'm putting in my body. Then a couple of weeks ago the scale stayed the same - it was inevitably going to happen at some point - but it was horribly demotivating, as I really felt like I'd been very good that week. It meant that last week was not good. I only managed one fast day, and really pigged out on a couple of the other days. I felt absolutely horrible about it, and couldn't even face the scale on Friday.

Vent over - this week is a new week. I am on a fast day today, and am planning on walking back from work (about 4 miles), so will get my steps in. It would be lovely to connect with anyone who is taking the journey (any age/location/size/gender). Either on this thread or through private messages (I think this site does that?) Please do get in touch.

Have a very happy Monday!

G
Fatandashamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:50 AM   #8  

hello, I'm Chloe
BigBoss23 is offline   Reply With Quote