Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 02:30 PM   #1  

Wink Married????

OK... I was just wondering how many are married on this board??

I noticed that I gained a bunch of weight right after the wedding and was just curious how many others did too and what they have done to fix it....
Old 08-14-2003, 03:13 PM   #2  
Hoping for Success

Oh man, I have not gained yet and hope not to.... BUT we have been living together for four years and as soon as we opened our shop together I GAINED 15!!!!!! So it was like gaining weight and being married. It's like when he eats I eat and if he is eating bad, SO AM I!!! Oh man, and I don't know how to change things. Now we are dieting together becasue he thinks he gained weight. (he didn't) I hate it. When I was around him all the time I lost 40 pounds!!! Now I couldn't even attempt to do something like it.....I am shooting for 20, and I can't do that with him around...but I love him so, oh man I know what you mean.

(sorry for the ramble..touchy subject)
Old 08-14-2003, 03:59 PM   #3  

Yep...I am there too... Before I would always gain a little in the winter, but in the summer I eat good and walked at least 3 miles a day and felt great. Now, if he has a bowl of ice cream...so do I even if I'm not hungry. My husband did gain weight with me so we are both on the diet, and he lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks and has lost 5 more, by doing nothing!!! But I am working on not eating with him and what he has, it's been getting better, but it's hard.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:24 PM   #4  
Hoping for Success

men have it so much easier...I think! I mean if J wanted to he could just sweat it off in a day. He is on the diet with me but he isn't exercising or anything like me. I wish he would go for runs with me, but he says that we shouldn't see each other sweat or something like that.

I understand because if he was around when I am doing my exercises, he would think I am nuts. Plus it is nice having a little time alone. We both work on our buttons together in the shop so we are around each other all the time.

I am going to student teach this fall so I won't be home as much, i am crossing my fingers that it will help my weightloss being more busy and all. I will have so much work to do.

Well, I feel that talking to him about my weight and telling him how much I want to change, it really helps me to be motivated and he helps me too.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:37 PM   #5  

I try to get Matt to walk with me at night. It's nice to spend time with him out and I love walking and talking, but he won't do that either... oh well. You're right Matt helps to get me going too but it's still hard after a day at work...I sit behind a desk and that's almost worse some days because I am lazy from sitting all day and I just want to veg and not think about anything when I get home. I work a few nights a week on a second job so my time is mostly gone at night. I try to get up early in the morning and walk then, but I love my sleep too much.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:18 PM   #6  
Hoping for Success

I love sleep too. Try working with your husband like I do! He wants me to get up everyday at 6!!!! That's too early for me. Especialy when our store and office are right downstairs and it's not like I have to report to a "real" boss. haha.. We are too busy or tired to walk at night. I guess I am just on my own.

so what kind of office do you work at?
Old 08-14-2003, 09:42 PM   #7  
comeback member

Hello girlies!

Well I am not married but have been living with my fiancé for 2 years now...so it feels like I'm married! I gained soooo much weight when I started dating mister honeybuns...He was letting me eat whatever I wanted! Before him, there were things I wasn't letting myself eat...But this guy was sent from heaven!! *giggle* Chicken wigs, pizza, chips, french fries, hamburgers were things I was eating all the time! Until now....

I'm glad I've decided to change and mister honeybuns is VERY supportive of my new lifestyle! Thank god!!!

Talk to you girls soon!

Sacha
Old 08-14-2003, 10:42 PM   #8  

I got married 5/18/02. Yes, I gained a lot of weight. I think it's 40-50 pds. Now I am suffering the consequences of overeating and lack of activity!

I just joined the gym and I already lost 4 pds! I hope to get rid of this weight soon! So that is how I am TRYING to fix it.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Well, been living with finace for 5 years, getting married next year. But I too have gained weight since we've been together, but also lost some and gained some and so on. This went on well before I ever met him so it's nothing new. He's incredibly supportive most of the time and is one of my greatest weight loss assets. He's very tall and built and has no concept of what it's like to be able to put on 20lbs in a month so it's a real stretch for him but he does good.

Tummy
Old 08-15-2003, 12:48 AM   #10  
on my way down!

We are not married yet but have bought a house together and i have gained weight since too...probably about 28lbs!
Old 08-15-2003, 07:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

We're really going to have talk to these men about making our behinds bigger Or maybe talk to ourselves about it I guess. Well here's to a lifetime of married and thin and happy.

Tummy
Old 08-15-2003, 09:32 AM   #12  
Hoping for Success

Tummy you are correct...

Now I am at a point where he stops me from eating things, but before it was like Mcdonalds at 3AM and all kinds of crazy stuff....Ben and Jerry's at night...we'd eat the whole carton....Wow, I am gald that is over....or is it??
Old 08-15-2003, 10:54 AM   #13  

Ben & Jerry's.... Matt had that last night... I didn't though. But he was sick and just wanted pizza so I picked it up on my way home and of course I didn't feel like cooking for myself so I had 1 piece...and not the edge where it's really thick... then a dessert of can whipped cream :-)

I work for a wine & liquor broker where I am an executive assistant/graphic designer. The graphics would fill my time, but they won't hire someone else to do the other office stuff I have to do. But I sit behind a computer screen all day!! I love it, but sometimes I have to get up and walk around just to get up...

Those men... they can be great and not so great. Matt says you've done good all week, just a little ie cream won't hurt anything, which is probably right, but once I get the taste of it, I want more...and before that I don't care!!
Old 08-15-2003, 10:56 AM   #14  

I've lived with my husband for 4 years now. And we were married on 9/7/02. And when I moved here I weighed 180. So I gained 80 pounds. I know alot of it was binge eating from stress. Money, work...you know the deal.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:21 AM   #15  
comeback member

Funny thing happened girls....

Honeybuns helped a friend move last week end. They took some pictures. He looked at the pictures and said...Gosh I'm fat!!...Then, he stood naked in front of the mirror to observe, at every angle, his new tummy! It's so hilarious!! And now, he keeps talking about his weight....The thing is, he's not fat at all!! 145lbs!!! Come on!!! That's not fat!!!

Had to share that funny moment with you girls!

Sacha
Closed Thread