Old 05-31-2016, 08:18 PM   #106  

Height: 5'6''

Focused on Legs and core today, felt really good! So far so good with food today; it's easier when it's so hot outside...craving things like watermelon and lots of water!

Hope you guys are hanging in!
charbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:09 PM   #107  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

First of all, I owe people some personals. Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy almost-week.

NNS - Isn't it amazing how genuinely you feel about never eating again after a heavy binge spree?! I know Christmas will be like that for me, if I manage to shift some serious weight by then my Mother might feel the need to fatten me up! How was your vacation? Ahh shoot, we really didn't get to hang out, huh? What a bummer! I'm sorry it didn't happen too, but I'm sure someday our paths will cross. Next time I'm in CO, which is highly likely due to BF's parents being there, I will definitely be in touch to track you down for a hang out!

Kay7 - My BF always reminds me of this all the time, but when one exercises consistently the scale doesn't reflect that for a while. Then one day, all of a sudden, you'll have this huge shift in weight when your body catches up. Happens to me all the time! So if you're not losing weight but being really active, just hang in there and you'll start to see the weight come off. I understand your concerns, it is really disheartening putting so much effort into something and not seeing results. It's like paying loads of attention to a person and seeing that they don't care, you think "why am I doing this?!" But then one day that person will become your closest friend, the person who is there for you as soon as something bad happens. If you try and think of your body as your friend (wow how lame do I sound right now?!) then maybe it will help the negative feelings.

torito - I always like to just take in a deep breath, forgive myself for slipping up then move right on to getting back on track. Don't worry so much, just keep on going, it'll be worth it!

Tiny - That was one huge drop! Congrats!

charbreaker - Welcome back, glad to be apart of your support team! You're completely right, whenever someone dear to me passes away I try and think what can I do to honour their memory. It's tough when in the midst of the grieving process, but I'm sure you can make him proud!

kahaney - You can do it, I'm sure you'll look great in the bikini!

Penny - Glad to see you!! How have you been?

Phew! Now time for an update if you'll be so kind to hang in there . So things with me are going fine. Things are started to feel like home for me at last. Even the tree situation isn't bothering me as much (though I do still feel twinges of annoyance!). We are now completely unpacked, all art that we have is up on the walls and all our belongings have a home. It's a great feeling! We're so happy to have a place that's ours, where we can decorate it how we want it. BF's parents house felt so clinical and orderly, it looked like something from a home catalog, which is nice and all but just not our style. We like orderly chaos. We did a trip to IKEA and bought furniture, we survived building said furniture together which was a true test to our relationship! I'm now covered in very strange bruises that I don't know how I got.

Now onto WEIGHT LOSS...you know...the reason I'm here >_>. Yeah, not so great. 169 lbs this morning. So here are my excuses: on the road diet consisted of Subway, snacks and huge meals at the end of a long driving day. Arriving in new home and not having any kitchen items meant no cooking but eating out. Once we did a big food shop and kitchen supply shop (ouch...our savings are taking a huge hit...) I was able to start cooking again yay! Only there are an abundance of treats around left over from the road trip and with the constant arranging of household items I've not been hydrating. So...yeah...a baaad week for me in terms of trying to stay healthy.

BUT. Now that we're finally finished with unpacking and the place is feeling homey I'm definitely feeling the urge to create a healthy routine for myself! I already meal planned before I came here so that's one thing taken care of, now I just have to - you know - follow it. Easier said than done, apparently. However, completely possible, so I need to kick myself up the bum and get to work. Thankfully I still have a work project from Colorado that I can work on, so I think having something familiar in my life to do will help with my routine.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:46 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/154

Height: 5'6''

Hey everyone!

Been having a busy time the last couple weeks... It's funny how during stressful times, the first thing to get off tracks is my diet. I haven't even weighed in in the last week, afraid of what the results might be

No time for personals, sorry! I hope everyone is doing well!
anity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:45 AM   #109  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Kay but a lifestyle change is the healthier way to look at it, and no amount of excess skin or how long it takes, takes away from you're doing it to be healthy not just to weigh less.

tiny congrats on the loss! Maybe you could still think of Sundays as your weigh in here day? Like "oh it's Sunday it's the last day I have to put my weight in"?

skittles congrats! It can be frustrating how our periods affect our loss, but the number isn't everything.

chart I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. But you're right that eating wont help with the pain or bring him back. Look forward to seeing you around! Hugs.
you're doing awesome, you're right we can all do this!

kahaney Welcome back!

anity I hate the stress of weighing in after being off track, but I find sometimes I just need to do it or else I'll fall off again because I don't know how much it has gone up.

rie so happy to hear you're settling in. Hey if you can survive IKEA furniture you can survive anything! It's hard to keep a clean diet with so much going on, but you're smart that you have the meal plan done so you just need to try and stick to that

It's amazing to me how many people feel the need to comment on my weight loss, and definitely not always positive. I recently took a job at a hospital I used to work at a while ago so everyone is suddenly seeing me 30 lbs lighter. My manager asked if I was sick and if we needed to talk, a lady that's always condescending said I've "lost a lot really quickly, what did you do" while pointing her finger at me. When I said healthy eating and exercise she said no I've lost it too fast what did I take (WTF!), and a lady I'm actually quite friendly with told me yesterday I'm losing too much. sigh.
I seem to be stuck in the 140s, hoping a whoosh comes soon.
I'm going camping with my sister's family this weekend, I felt bad that I can't just go with the flow. I said I had a 13 km run to do on Saturday, and she's like ok then after we'll play it by ear, probably go out for dinner. And I just got a pit in my stomach and nervous - I wish I could just go with the flow. I'm sure it'll all go ok, I just need to not stress about it. My boyfriend doesn't seem to understand the urge to eat ALL THE FOOD after an indulgence, he thinks I should just eat normal and it'll all be ok so it's hard for me to have the feelings after and not have him I can talk to about it.
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 173.5/158.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, everyone!! I am really happy to be back here! The support is so wonderful and I never feel quite as alone when trying to lose weight when I am on this forum!

I started a new day job! I am a dog walker! So I walk constantly for 5-6 hours a day, five days a week! I am sure that's gonna have some health benefits! Plus, I get to hang out with pups all day!

You are all kicking butt!!
kahaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:52 PM   #111  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 7 Charts Everyone!!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:
Old 06-09-2016, 11:20 AM   #112  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

After some consideration I have decided to withdraw from the challenge. Moving to Atlanta and living in my own apartment again has come with a whole new set of life stress. I figured it would be best for my mental state of mind to not hold myself accountable during this time. I'm focusing more on finding a job, working on the project I brought with me from CO, finding friends and also dealing with a very stressed out BF who is worried he'll never find work... I have anxiety, so I'm doing everything in my power to not freak out under these circumstances. My once very stable life has now became one based on uncertainty and I have to do everything I can to stay positive. I could do without the guilt that the scale provides!

I'm still going to work hard on not overeating, on trying to workout, I am simply taking a scale break. This does NOT mean the whole challenge is over, I'll still run it despite not participating! I will not, however, be opening another challenge during the summer months like I initially intended. I'll be back in September to run the Haunting for Halloween challenge!

For those still left in the challenge, keep on going! Just a few more weeks to go!

-------------

torito - I noticed how all the negativity is coming from women, which doesn't surprise me. We're taught to pit ourselves against each other and body image is the number one subject that we use against one another. It baffles me how they feel they have the right to say anything about your weight, if you were slow and sluggish and looked drained - that's one thing - but to just presume that you're being unhealthy to lose weight is ridiculous! If I were you, I would laugh at them. Laugh and show them how little you care about what they think and make them feel stupid for stupid insinuations. Smile, hold your head up high, show how happy and healthy you are and it'll shut them up.

kahaney - Good luck with your new job, that'll be a great way to lose weight and gain some arm muscle holding all those dogs!
Old 06-11-2016, 03:47 AM   #113  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Rie How is the meal planning going?
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:24 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

Hey Riestrella! Congrats on moving into your own place! Was wondering if you could add me back to the spreadsheet? I haven't been able to get online much while travelling, but I've kept track of my weight so I can enter it now. Thanks!
runthecontinent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #115  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by runthecontinent View Post
Hey Riestrella! Congrats on moving into your own place! Was wondering if you could add me back to the spreadsheet? I haven't been able to get online much while travelling, but I've kept track of my weight so I can enter it now. Thanks!
You're back in!

skittles - It's great cooking for myself again, been making mostly vegan/vegetarian dishes. But other life stresses are causing me to withdraw from the challenge. Keep it up!
Old 06-13-2016, 11:12 AM   #116  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 8 Charts everyone! 2 weeks to go, keep it up!!

Overall Charts:

20-Somethings Chart:
Old 06-13-2016, 11:19 AM   #117  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I'm still breathing, but barely.
I'll be out of town until sometime early July, which will be fun, but the challenge of eating well while traveling (out of the country, too) will be...well, challenging. But I can do it if I just stick with it.

Hope everyone's doing well! I really need to get back to checking in on this forum daily. It's such a help. Even just reading some posts is better than nothing.

Rie, sometimes big life changes require breaks (I know the feeling). Do what you need to do. I wish I'd been able to participate more in this challenge, but hopefully by the time September rolls around we'll have more of our lives settled, right?
Good luck to you guys! You guys will definitely get things sorted, but it's not quite as fun fun while the upheaval is happening.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:45 AM   #118  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Oops, just realised I forgot to copy over the Goal Weight column for the charts! Sorry about that! It doesn't affect the pounds lost though

Penny - That will be a tough challenge, you could always guesstimate the calories you're eating while traveling? So difficult though when you're off and about having fun. Which country will you be going to? Yes, I really hope both of our lives are calm by September and we can have an awesome Halloween challenge! I think the biggest issue is the feeling of uncertainty in the air...I keep thinking "this place is so nice, but will we be able to afford it in 6 months time?" I'm sure we will be fine by then, but it's such a horrible feeling!
Old 06-14-2016, 12:11 AM   #119  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

So, I've finally started C25K, but I'll finish week 2 the same time I leave for my trip (June 20), so I'll have a few week break in there. I should be fine, though - week 2 wasn't too bad, and I can probably drop back in on week 3. Also, I've discovered I like running in the heat. It's been mostly in the 90s here when I'm doing C25K, and I like the warm wind and the heat. It makes me SO less cranky when I exercise!

I've found that ever since I lost weight that first time and hit the normal range, I'm much more sensitive to cold. Even if it's hot and I'm sweating, I'm fine with it. I prefer it to chilly weather absolutely. That's why I don't like visiting friends or family much in the summer because they all blast their AC (seriously, it's like they never even get summer) and I end up dying from the icy air. I haven't used AC myself in a long, long time. Just a fan handles it.

Rie: I'm going to Spain! Luckily it's with a group of close friends that includes someone fluent to help out others like me who only know a few essential phrases in Spanish. Yeah, that uncertainty is so uncomfortable. I hate it when I get that feeling. But it'll pass in time and things will end up okay (that's part of my pep talk I give myself, and I find that it helps). How's your apartment doing with the tree?

Last edited by Penny105; 06-14-2016 at 12:28 AM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:54 PM   #120  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

I've had a few family members ask for weight loss advice.Im getting tired of having to explain if you eat In a deficit you will lose weight .If you think you are eating in a deficit and aren't losing weight go watch secret eaters and then see sciencist because you are defying the laws of thermodynamics.

Last edited by skittlesfirehawk; 06-15-2016 at 10:55 PM.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote